Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Arkham series taking more inspireation from Spider-man 2 I see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

But that isn't DARK AND GRITTY enough for a Batman game,according to the same people who liked Man of Steel.

The game starts out as Adam West Batman and as the game progresses by the endgame it's Dark Knight Returns

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

It is kind of lovely because I was defientaly a bit rusty. All the things that Batman can do are listed on the levelup screen/Wayne Tech screen

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

I think it's more a question of how you deal with that in a medium primarily based around hitting and shooting stuff.

Also, Riddler's lines are dark as gently caress if you fail Catwoman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE3oWEDNgXI :catstare:

https://youtu.be/kE3oWEDNgXI?t=9m11s

My favorite part about that is that the key just kind of physics out and can get stuck in her cleavage

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The APC chases remind me of the best part of the Batman Begins game where they just licensed out the Engine to the Burnout guys for the Bat Tumbler segments

https://youtu.be/5M6YXlbmsLM?t=1m39s
...you know I think that killed a lot more people than Arkham Knight's batmobile does

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The answer to What if Rocksteady made a Superman game is always going to be Smallville. Start out in the hay fields as Superman unlocks his power set and enters Metropolis. By the end of the game you're probably full Superman and you really would run into problems on how to do a sequel after that.

Also that rumor that Rocksteady was going to do an Aquaman game is actually really cool if you stop and visualize what they could do with the ocean

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

///Major Arkham Knight Spoilers \\\

So like when Batman goes to the Clocktower to find Oracle kidnapped, they left her wheelchair behind but when Scarecrow wheels her out on the rooftop she's sitting in it.
Did they just double back for it or something?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Nah, it's the exact same one with her backpack and signature DIET SODA

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

For as terrible as Batman Hush is as a story, it's a really loving good showcase for new readers, got me into it.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Hey I did just about everything in the Batgirl DLC and theres something bothering me

In the building under the oil rig tower, and really pretty much all the easter eggs, if you use detective mode you can see an unarmed person, alive with similar animation like a hostage standing next to something hackable. I have not found a way to be able to enter it and seeing how Post Game doesn't have any NPCs you can talk too I'm wondering if it's just some kind of weird glitch.

Also isn't it kind of weird this DLC happens on Valentines Day? Maybe all the DLC will be on a holiday and we'll get some kind of Christmas themed Calender Man dlc finale

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Hey WB Games, an endless runner where Batman and Robin '66 punch people down a track please hire me

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Someone on another website posted some information about one of the Arkham novels. A few details are neat and should've been in the main game, but some are... well, you'll see.

-Gordon had Crime Alley renamed to "Wayne Way".

Haha, that's Golden. That is really something you should say out loud to hear how ridiculous it sounds.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

"Rubber Bullets to makes your death even more painful, I swear"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Medium Cool posted:

welp that takes care of my biggest complaint with the game

I hope they patch in some more special take downs for harley and red hood

Man everyone is just various degrees in quality when it comes to the effort they put into the models with Batman and Batgirl looking the best and Nightwing some emaciated cartoon

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder if Tim will get a postgame DLC story.

Oh man the potential, imagine if they brought in Stephanie Brown and who am I kidding he'd just fight Two-Face or something

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I pity the dev team that has to work around Arkham's continuity

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The loving Riddler? Fantastic. Honestaly surprised they didn't rehash anything for Two-Face

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

All the race maps were actually prepping players for Batman Arkham Kart: Season of Infamy

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The sad thing is, to fix these issues, I think it comes down to the producers to stop pushing the Open World aspect to the Batman franchise and I don't see this happening at all when WB inevitably makes the next non rocksteady installment.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I might be taking it wrong but is Season of Infamy just adding more Most Wanted Missions? Like if you start up a base game with the expansion you'll have get the sidequests too? Going to make my eventual Batman 66 playthrough even funner

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

It means French people can listen to English Kevin Conroy with french subtitles

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

^ Woah what?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I have to collect 200 feathers to make my catonic mother smile again? gently caress you Ubisoft

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Game of the year version will probably be out by March? Save yourself the hassle and trade in your copy so you can play the complete game crash for like 40 bucks

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Wondering if you guys knew if you hold LR + RR and spin the right stick 3 times you toggle Big Head Mode

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Season of Infamy spoiler relating to Mr Freeze's mission

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Ba.../966764#U966764

So like it sounds like this might be a problem, Freeze was the second mission I did and from there on the game stayed snowing. I had already beaten the game and gotten Knightfall so it didn't bother me at the time but I can see where people are saying it, as much as I am tired about it, it doesn't look as good as the rain. How was your experience with this?

Also when exactly can you do the Season of Infamy dlc? It looks kind of challenging for a first time playthrough but I think it could incorporate it's self midway through a normal play session. Or do you have to wait for the postgame section?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

My idea for a new Arkham game is Batman: Arkham City in a Bottle. Batman is up against Brainiac solo which is really above league for him unprepared. Throughout the game you experience the Batman rogues growing more bolder thanks to the bottles isolation and the general nihilistic mood of Gotham now. Also maybe Batman can find a way to get into other bottles and team up with alien characters like Lobo or a Lantern.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

They'll be a discounted COmplete version in a few months don't bother

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

For some reason all the villians stopped talking poo poo to eachother during and after I played the season of infamy stuff post game

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

See? It was a value afterall hahahaha

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

My favorite written abuse of Batman vow of no killing people was him fighting Gorrilia Grodd and snapping the necks of his soldiers to piss him off. Hyper Intelligent Gorrilias don't count apparently

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Chill out, Azazel plays different than a stripped down Batman now! The slower combat and the inability to get 3 star rankings make him different than the rest of the roster

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Telltale Batman setting up some hype

http://comicsalliance.com/telltale-batman-details-sxsw/

quote:

Telltale’s Batman writers Nick Herman and Pierre Shorette were joined by executive producer TQ Jefferson, CEO Kevin Bruner, and head of creative communications Job Stauffer on the panel. This upcoming game will attempt to get to the core of who Bruce Wayne is, and while there’s no set ratio of Bruce:Batman in place, the team is trying to make it more about Bruce. You will however get some say in which of the Dark Knight’s personas deal with certain decisions. This will in turn impact later elements, a staple of the Telltale formula, and help shape your own personal version of Gotham City.

While you can’t completely avoid being Batman or Bruce for the entirety of the game, Telltale’s Batman will still let you play each version of the character how you wish. Want to stay silent as Batman and just be an imposing creature of the night? You’ll be able to do that. Want to make Batman a chatty detective who monologues people into submission? The choice is yours.
Brunner also shed some light on the design of the game, explaining that Telltale’s Batman would debut a lot of new technology for the developer’s upcoming library. “It’s an evolution creatively and technologically,” Brunner said. The team is pulling from the character’s rich 75 year history to inform the look of the world, which Stauffer said will look like a comic come to life. Creators like Jim Lee, Greg Capullo, Neal Adams, Adam Kubert, and Bob Kane are inspiring the look and feel of Gotham, but when the game arrives it will still be a wholly unique Batman that is undeniably Telltale’s.

It sounds like it's going for an M rating, I see myself getting the season pass for it, something I havn't done since Wolf Among Us.

Anyway I think April 14th was that hidden Penguin wall easteregg you guys were talking about, right? Arkham's taking a lot of space on the harddrive but I won't clear it until then.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Crabtree posted:

In theory it's not hard if you take the Hulk Ultimate Destruction route and let the player feel super all the way through the game, but also make them care about not causing collateral damage on earth and saving people. Of course, any Superman game now would probably have DC sitting on your chest until you make it more like the current incarnations or like the current films as "audiences don't like a Steve Reeves nice guy. They want Prototype".

Also I don't trust Rocksteady right now to not go half crazy with races coming off from Arkham Knight either. Fly through the hoops to earn Super Points to remember all your super powers!

They would avoid the rings and make it more of an in universe kind of thing.

Who wouldn't want to have a footrace with Flash? Just have 20 races around metropolis, also Flash is too busy preparing the races to help out in the plot

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Just make it take place on the pretty side of apokolis so I won't have to fly through fire and brimstone all game

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

If you enjoy collecting riddles than yes.

If you don't I guess youtube would be your best bet

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

We're on the road to April 25th guys!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Motherfucker I'm jealous

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I can finally delete this off my harddrive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

He's the dark knight drat it, he has to blend into the darkness

but how will the players see him?

• Locked thread