Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You'll never guess who was confirmed as the main villain of the Batgirl DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PX1Lca-_NY

Kind of dissapointed that Batgirl's DLC is the only one with a hefty amount of achievements.

The Red Hood one aside of confirming is a retread of the original story (and maybe suggesting a Batman boss fight) just gave a huge push at the idea of Jason being the Arkham Knight. Whether it happens before or after the main story the whole thing just fits with his MO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

net cafe scandal posted:

Some guy beat an early copy of Arkham Knight and said that the Arkham Knight is Robin whatever that means (dick? tim? jason? damian?) and that the Joker is in the game.

Oh man, so the pretty cool Red Hood design is going to waste?. Laaaaame

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:siren:SPOILERS:siren:

subtle

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well at least it seems that the Red Hood DLC happens AFTER the main game so that awesome design isn't going to waste. I do hope the bit about the Joker branding Jason's face with a J is bullshit though

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, what's his angle for being the Arkham Knight, anyway? I thought he was against criminal activity, but here he is cooperating with literally everyone. Is he planning to gas the city with Scarecrow's weapon to take them all out or something?

lovely writing :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nah he is always a criminal. He is an enemy of the Bat Family for the most part and part of his debut was being a crime boss. He had no issue with working with criminals and had a ton of hench men and with his own drug cartel. The only thing differing him from his rival crime lord Black Mask was that his gang did not sell drugs to children.

Untrue.

While he did restrict the drug selling, the whole point of getting involved with Mask's operation was entirely to gently caress with Batman. And in fact, the people focerd to work with him ended dead most of the time.

On the comics it was to show how his methods were better while on the movie was to get Mask so desperate that he would release the Joker from Arkham.

In any case, the whole thing about him being the AK is a lovely twist because is a retread of Under the Red Hood with him under another alias for no goddamn reason and how RS barked non stop that the AK was a whole new character

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:siren:MORE SPOILERS:siren:
Oh, gently caress you Rocksteady

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:siren:SPOILERS:siren:

That explains a lot

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More damage control I guess, if you log with your WBPlay ID on AK you get for free the "iconic" anime Batman skin

Such generosity on their part :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an1i8KQokCQ

Red Hood Free Roam mod, man it sucks a ton that he's locked on the 10 minute DLC

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

man that harley quinn thing was the laziest poo poo, took me like 10 minutes to finish it. Guess that's why it was practically free for everyone

Hey, at least it had actual character interaction, goals and fully linked maps. Red Hood's on the other hand... :sigh:

And Red Hood DLC is definitely after the main game enemy chatter states that he killed Killer Moth shortly before his attack on Black Mask

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

According to some users at the Arkhamverse Forums, the following villains will be DLC Most Wanted: Killer Croc, Prometheus, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, and Ra's al Ghul.

Not sure how accurate this is, but the topic can be seen here: http://forum.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=23407&sid=2c521295b6a7c3d25e7c394f045c6088

Black Mask? Where that would leave Red Hood's DLC then?

Skeezy posted:

So question about the Arkham Knight do you really not get any form of closure on him? Batman finds out his identity and then shoots at Scarecrow? That scene looked like they forgot the Arkham Knight existed and just realized oh poo poo we should put him here. Was hoping Batman would talk to him at the end real quick for something.

For what is worth he becomes the Red Hood and goes after various villians on his own. The DLC pack is him against Black Mask

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Joker says something about "It looks like you could use a new sidekick" at one point, so I'm assuming Tim was recruited between Asylum and City.

Which would explain why Batman seems completely unwilling to put him in dangerous situations.

Of course the fact Jason was held captive somewhere within Arkham for more than six months is a bit absurd given Batman could build an entire batcave underneath the place but couldn't find a trace of Jason.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

"Someone's tracking you, sir." "I knew he'd come."

It's strongly hinted that it's about to happen, though there's a really long sequence in between. They should have put more time dedicated to him towards the end of the game, though.

But it's a really similar disappearance to what happens at the end of Captain America: Winter Soldier.

You can also find Jason's Red Bat emblem spray painted on a wall before entering Scarecrow's hideaout.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of DLC, Batgirl's will be released on July 14th for Season Pass owners and the 21th for everyone else. Aside of a whole new area with secrets and more it promises dual play with Robin.

For non Season Pass owners, the DLC will cost $6.99

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 3, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

OnimaruXLR posted:

I wonder if any of the DLC is going to take place post-game. I'm sure there'll be character-specific DLC with Nightwing Robin and Catwoman, but I'm curious if we'll get a more substantial epilogue featuring spooky fear effects Batman

The Red Hood DLC is post-game so I wouldn't be surprised if we get more down the line

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now you can have your very own Professor Pyg action figure at home!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So I've playing the game for a while and wow, you guys weren't kidding about the Arkham Knight.

I'm a HUGE Jason Todd fan and even I found him like a whiny bitch.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

McCloud posted:

http://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-knight-season-pass-dlc-details-batgirl/

Found this article that says we'll be getting

1 story DLC about batman
1 dlc about Batgirl (that's the one that got released last week)
1 dlc involving his allies (Nightwing, robin, catwoman?)

Costumes, extra race tracks, skins for the car.

If you got the season pass then all that stuff will be made available to you.

Aw man, I wanted more Red Hood content :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So the hot new rumor now is that the motherfucking Predator will be a DLC mission down the line.

I'm 90% sure is utter bullshit but how cool would be to reenact the Batman VS Predator comicbook? :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pirate Jet posted:

Where'd you hear this? All I could find was a GameFAQs thread of "wouldn't it be cool if."

Supposed WB insider on 4chan

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Funny you guys mentioned the game's streaming blocks to avoid spoilering the storyline.

DC has announced two new figures exclusive to gamestop, Battle Damaged Batman and Red Hood 1.0 (Jason on the Arkham Knight armor and the red helmet) :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Damian Skin concept art

Source

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More concept art for skins

What the gently caress? Why that lovely costume?:psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The first issue of Arkham Knight: Genesis is out and I'm not entirely convinced on the way Tomasi's handling Jason, it hypes Jason's skills way too much but is hardly to take seriously considering Jason's actual actions on the game (I mean if he was THAT good, why he's all bark but not bite on the game?)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Norns posted:

Wouldn't be a lot of fun getting your rear end handed to you in every encounter in the game.

Norns posted:

Wouldn't be a lot of fun getting your rear end handed to you in every encounter in the game.

Still, I'm one of the biggest Jason Todd fans around and even I found hard to believe that a 13 year old Jason could beat the Joker and almost killing him before being Robin.

Deathstroke kind of live up to the hype on Origins at least, Jason on AK is like a sith on the prequel trilogy: looking badass but once the chips come down he goes down like a bitch.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SonicRulez posted:

I'm okay with that. I hate when writers make Joker out to be some kind of formidable fighter. He's not or at least he shouldn't be, he's a clown. I liked when you got to fight "him" in City, because you just knock him silly immediately.

Is that a skin for Red Hood? For what purpose? The 5 minute DLC pack?

The Joker was using an exosuit and had Batman at his mercy though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Preview of a Superman mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aacdoKud594

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Some easter eggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHx_bLgs6YE

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
FINALLY!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Trailer for the September DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFFRzDdNz_g

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://store.playstation.com/#!/es...d=so-ga-5-82754

All the Batman games are at discount until sunday.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Rumours about upcoming DLC

quote:

Dlc Name : Batman Classic TV series Batmoblie Pack
Cost (uk price) : 1.69 (TBA)
Cost (us price) : 1.99 (TBA)
Release Date : October 18-22 (TBA)
Description : Inspired by the 1960's Adam West Batman tv Series. Race through the city of Gotham in two new Batmobile Race tracks. Also comes with 1960's Robin and Catwoman skins.

Dlc Name : Crime Fighter Challenge Pack 3
Cost (uk price) : 1.69 (TBA)
Release Date : October 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive 6 AR challenges for Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Azreal and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat, Batmobile Race tracks and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.

Dlc Name : Catwoman's Revenge
Cost (uk price) : 2.49 (TBA)
Release Date : October 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Set after the events of Arkham Knight, destroy the robotic guardians and take revenge on the Riddler as Catwoman.

Month : November (speculation)

Dlc Name : Batman Animated Series Batmoblie Pack
Cost (uk price) : 1.69
Cost (us price) : 1.99
Release Date : November 18-22 (TBA)
Description : Inspired by the 1992 Batman: The Animated Series, journey through the streets of Gotham City in two new Batmobile Race tracks. Also comes with a new Batman skin from The Animated Series.

Dlc Name : Classic TV Series and New 52 Batgirl
Cost (uk price) : Free
Cost (us price) : Free
Description : DLC REQUIRES 'Batgirl: A Matter of Family' TO USE. Continue the war against crime in the Classic TV series and New 52 Batgirl skin.

Dlc Name : Revenge of The Red Hood skin
Cost (uk price) : Free
Cost (us price) : Free
Description : DLC REQUIRES 'Red Hood Story Pack' TO USE. Take on Crime in brutal ways with the 'Revenge of The Red Hood' skin.

Dlc Name : Crime Fighter Challenge Pack 4
Release Date : November 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive 6 AR challenges for Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, Azreal and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat, Batmobile Race tracks and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.

Dlc Name : Robin Dlc
Cost (uk price) : 2.49
Release Date : November 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Harley Quinn has returned to Gotham to and is causing chaos. Robin and Nightwing must team up to stop her.

Month : December (speculation)

Dlc Name : Batman Arkham Asylum Batmobile Pack
Release Date : December 18-22 (TBA)
Description : Inspired by the original Arkham Batmobile from Batman: Arkham Asylum, return to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City in two new race tracks dedicated to the first two Arkham games.

Dlc Name : The Dark Knight Batman Skin
Cost (uk price) : 0.79
Cost (us price) : 0.99
Description : Inspired by the 2008 movie 'The Dark Knight', intimidate your foes with the heavily armoured 'Dark Night' skin designed by Lucius fox.

Dlc Name : Crime Fighter Challenge Pack 5
Description : Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive 6 AR challenges for Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Azreal and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat, Batmobile Race tracks and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.

Dlc Name : Million Dollar Mayhem
Release Date : December 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Play as the Joker, cause as much mayhem as possible within 5 minutes and send the bill to Wayne Enterprises.

Dlc Name : Return to Gotham Skin Pack
Description : Get the Return to Gotham Skin Pack and receive 6 brand new skins of your favourite characters. This pack includes Jim Lee Batman, Classic Tim Drake, Damian Wayne Robin, Alex Ross Batman, Blackest Night Batman and Earth 2 Batman skin.

Dlc Name : Season Of Infamy
Cost (uk price) : 3.69
Cost (us price) : 6.99
Description : Six of Batman's greatest villains have returned to Gotham and are causing havoc. Take down Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Mister Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul and Prometheus

Dlc Name : Azreal's Redemption Dlc
Cost (uk price) : 2.49
Description : Take revenge on the order of st Dumas, defeat your old masters as Azreal in new combat and predator encounters

Honestly, the only pack I'd find interesting is the Seasons of Infamy one and that is assuming is a full DLC like Batgirl's and not glorified AR maps like Nightwing, Red Hood and Harley's

Also if the list is true gently caress Rocksteady, they only give an alternate skin to Jason and is the lovely Condonman from Morrison's run. :argh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, I might get those challenge packs now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
-Force Original Voice Cast option to allow users to play with original cast but localised subtitles (Free Update)

What does this means?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is a thing

quote:

We’re aware that a lot of fans here in the community are asking for the chance to play with Harley Quinn’s classic look from Batgirl: A Matter of Family, and others would like the chance to play as Red Hood in his uniform as the Arkham Knight.

Sefton and I were talking about this earlier, and he told me that while we didn’t plan for either of these to be playable in the game, we may be able to find some resources somewhere to make one of them into a character skin. Whether we’re able to do this all depends on how widespread the demand is, and which character is most popular.

So let’s decide with a democratic vote. We’ll use the Twitter Hashtags #TeamClassicHarley and #TeamArkhamKnight – please mention @RocksteadyGames in your tweets to make sure they’re counted. We’ll add up the mentions and announce the winner once we have a decision.

Quick disclaimer: if there isn’t enough interest in this, we won’t be able to justify assigning the artists and designers to this project, so it’s up to you guys to show that lots of players want this!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys want.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/VOTE-Final-Fan-requested-Skin-for-Batman-Arkham-Knight/td-p/846530

Is really that hard to enable those skins?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Paused posted:

Next wave of DLC is apparently arriving on the 24th of this month and contains all the things planned for November for those that still care. That has both the Robin and Catwoman Arkham Episodes so that might total a whole 30 minutes of new side story stuff this time, maybe! Well at least 20+ minutes possibly.

That includes the patch for character selection on Predator challenge rooms or is out already?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It seems the Seasons of Infamy achievements have been leaked

The Demon Lives Again!: Follow the assassin's trail.

Daughter Of The Demon!: Discover the Lazarus pit.

Ashes to Ashes: End the League of Assassins' war.

The Scene of the Crime: Rescue Mad Hatter's first hostage.

Head Games: Rescue Mad Hatter's second hostage.

In Storybook Endings: Lock up Mad Hatter in GCPD.

Cold Case: Interrogate the Militia Lieutenant.
Out in the Cold: Track down the cryopod.

The Resurrection and the Life: Survive the Militia onslaught.

The Beast Beneath: Defeat the prisoners.

Breaking the Skin: Gain access to the high security area.

Evolution: Lockup Killer Croc in GCPD.

Life After Death: Achieve 21 Stars in AR Challenges using the Original Arkham Batmobile.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc1f6imemKI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

1.7Gb patch just dropped.. Can't wait to see what DLC it adds and what bugs it doesn't fix.

The trailer doesn't mention it but it should add character selection to the Predator challenge rooms as well.

EDIT: according to the WB boards it also tweaked Red Hood, Harley and Batgirl's movesets

Harley Quinn:
- Critical Strikes
- Extra ballistic and combat armour
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo takedown at X5)

Batgirl:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo moves at X5)
- Special Combo Disarm + Destroy
- Special Combo Multi-Ground Takedown

Red Hood:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 24, 2015

• Locked thread