Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Never buy season passes beforehand. Never.

Almost every single time the following will happen:

A) You won't like the game.
B) The season pass content won't be out for months after the game is out.
C) In the case of B, the season pass itself will go on sale at some point before the content is out.
D) The season pass content will be lovely or not worth the money.
E) Some of the season pass content will be good but it will be cheaper to buy just the good content instead of all the content.

On the other hand, I got the premium edition for $36.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

Hey pc gamers that actually have it working. How are the controls? The game manual says takedowns are now alt+1-4 and the quickfire gadgets aren't mapped to anything? Is this true and if so how does it work?

You quickfire the gadgets by double tapping the button for selecting that gadget.

So pressing 1 selects the batarang and pressing 1 twice is a quickfire batarang.

I played the previous games with a controller, but don't have one available right now. Mouse and keyboard feels weird for this game.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I can totally understand people being upset about the technical issues with the PC version, but gently caress if the game isn't great enough that I don't really care.

I mean, I'd really like if they fixed the frequent massive framerate drops, but I'm not going to fling poo poo because of it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Can someone who owns this on PC please post a review to the effect of "Runs great on SteamOS! 10/10!" and post screenshots of their hatemail?

Supposedly the FPS lock can be upped via .ini files? After 60fps Dark Souls turning ladders into deathtraps I don't see that being an option. Who'd they outsource the PC port to? Surely not Nixxes.

Mac and Linux versions aren't even out until the fall. Not that I'd expect the kind people that'd send hatemail to that kind of trolling would be aware of facts.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

randombattle posted:

Was I supposed to do something to lower the bridges to the last island? Riddler keeps insulting batman for not being able to do his dumb race because the batmobile can't get to the last island.

I ran into that too. It turns out you just have to keep doing the main story until Batman asks Alfred to lower the bridges.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

Can't get the game to recognize my dualshock 4 wirelessly. Tried three different wrappers, works in other games still, just not this one.

rip

I'd really assume it'd work natively, seeing as the controller screen shows the DS4 with no controller plugged in.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Mogomra posted:

Oh yeah, how the gently caress do you play the DLC stuff?

I preordered the game and the season pass (lol) and I can't find the option to play anything but the main story.

Having the season pass does not give you the Harley Quinn pack until some point in the future. To get it now, you need a code specifically for it.

I bought from cdkeys.com and didn't get my code for the Harley Quinn pack until this morning.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Crashbee posted:

Weren't the challenge maps and extra characters all DLC in the last Rocksteady game too?

Arkham City without any DLC has 6 combat challenges, 6 predator challenges, extreme versions of all of those and the silly challenge campaign thing.

CharlestonJew posted:

There seems to be a lack of challenge maps compared to the previous games, seems like you can only play as Batman in the challenge maps too.

It's not quite the same, but I've unlocked a combat challenge where you fight with Nightwing.

I get the feeling that the non-Batman characters don't have the moveset for predator rooms in Arkham Knight.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I was playing with low textures when I Evened The Odds and the zoom into the batmobile wheel with those muddy asscan Vaseline was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

redbackground posted:

Yeah, at Low, "textures" become "colors".
I have textures on low and it looks fine, so there's probably also something else going on.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

What am I supposed to do in the final riddler challenge?

I assume you mean with Catwoman.
Use the electric blast thingy to move the blocks. Whichever block Catwoman is standing on won't move. Pounce to the ceiling to actually get into the room. The goal is to get empty spaces under wherever the lasers are.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Turns out you can't get more than 20 rival points on a single AR challenge. And it's not that hard to get in the one where you play as Azrael.

RatHat posted:

Also are there Riddler challenges in this game? Like the "Perform X takedowns" kinda thing.

The closest thing is the unlock requirements for AR challenges.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

keyframe posted:

Do I need to advance the main story to open up bridge access to founders island? I have a bunch of side quests there that require batmobile.

Yes.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

JFC posted:

Yeah, I have the voice synth, just haven't come across the robot at the movie studio yet. Thanks.

Any tips on the one below the movie studio that requires the Batmobile winch and has that layer of green laser light above you?

Eject up just before the timer expires and use the line launcher perch.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Batmobile and flying still loving up my PC version. This patch did very little to fix my problems and I didn't see any of the new settings in the graphics options.

The first part of the announcement is stuff that they're working on. The second part is what's in the just released update.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Actually, who has the rights to make Spiderman games now? Wasn't there a thing a year or two back when Activision lost them and had to stop selling all the old poo poo Spiderman games?

I mean, there's no one to actually make a good Spiderman game, but I'd be interesting in seeing who attempts it next.

You might be thinking of the Deadpool game, which is no longer for sale. Activision put out Amazing Spider-Man 2 last year and it's still for sale on Steam.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Ra's al Ghul dies in Arkham City and Batman says to Oracle that he'll be in need of a Lazarus Pit.

Ra's al Ghul's body can be found in Arkham Asylum's morgue, but it's gone and he's alive by the time City comes around.

Also, one of the side stories in Arkham Knight talks about the League of Assassin wants to resurrect Ra's.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kin posted:

Does new game+ do the same thing as city and let you skip them all?

It does.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GenoCanSing posted:

So do you have to ace every AR challenge to get all the upgrades, or can you just keep leveling up in NG+ and get them all eventually?

You keep getting levels and upgrade points from side quests in NG+. 100%'ing the game once and doing all the challenges isn't even enough to get all the upgrades.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

It's not even the worst Arkham game.

That's not really true. The Arkham games usually only had like 4 or 5 actual challenge maps and then EXTREME versions where they add some electric sticks. I want more challenge maps, but I won't act like the games usually gave us more. And stuff like Deathstroke, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman was always DLC. Just buy the Season Pass.

Before DLC and not counting the extreme versions, Arkham City had 6 combat challenges and 6 predator challenges.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

On that note, what's with the puzzle where you stand on a switch in one zeppelin and question marks on the other zeppelin light up?

I think you just need to hit the rightmost question mark while it's lit. Remote control batarang is the easiest way to do it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Considering that took me less than 30 seconds to rename the files so it'd skip anyway...

Don't even need to rename files. -nologo in the launch options gets rid of them.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Official response to hitching: If you're on Windows 10, get a bunch of RAM

Calling that patch notes is ridiculous.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

Does everyone who has Arkham Knight in their library get the free stuff, or only those who bought it through Steam?

From briefly checking the Steam forums, everyone will get the old games regardless of whether they bought Arkham Knight from Steam, but they don't actually go out until december.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm in the airships, the room with 10 patrolling militias, where Stagg is being kept in the gas cage. I save the machine gun militia dude for last like it tells me to, but I can't seem to stun him to hit him. Is it a glitch of some kind?

You don't have to stun minigun guys, just start hitting him. He'll do a few attacks during the beatdown that you'll have to counter.

If I remember right, you can also take him out instantly with an environmental takedown.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Steam downloaded a big update, but the menu lists the new DLC as coming soon and I can't play it.

There was also some update and someone on the Steam forums claim that the game runs better on his super beefed up machine.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The trailer doesn't mention it but it should add character selection to the Predator challenge rooms as well.

EDIT: according to the WB boards it also tweaked Red Hood, Harley and Batgirl's movesets

Harley Quinn:
- Critical Strikes
- Extra ballistic and combat armour
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo takedown at X5)

Batgirl:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo moves at X5)
- Special Combo Disarm + Destroy
- Special Combo Multi-Ground Takedown

Red Hood:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

This is weird. They don't seem to actually have critical strikes, but get an extra multiplier point for strikes while the combo meter is charged. Except if the final slomo attack is a strike it counts as a proper critical strike.

I also still only have combo takedown with Batgirl, no disarms or multi-ground takedown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

https://youtu.be/pEXmZUtzacU

Yo this remaster looks like garbage

How the gently caress did they manage to make nearly every change be for the worse?

• Locked thread