Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This game looks absolutely massive. As someone who has 100% on City and Origins, it looks overwhelming. I fear for how many hours I'm going to spend driving around everywhere hunting down that last drat Riddler trophy. The fact that it (supposedly) has no loading screens is amazing. I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

poptart_fairy posted:

The store I pre-ordered with said if it comes in early I can get it early. :buddy:

It won't come in early will it. :smith:

Gamestop told me I could come in for mine on Monday at 9 pm. That's not really THAT early, but it's somethin.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I knew the Batmobile was gonna flop. I want no parts of vehicle combat or really any vehicle segment. I know it's part of Batman, but still, I wish we could've just...not.

Can someone refresh my memory on the point in the Season Pass? I pre-ordered at GameStop, so I'm already getting Harley and Jason. Is it just Barbara and some skins? Cause that doesn't seem worth $40.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Oh, no marked spoilers are a thing? Cool. Big gently caress you to all of you who announced it. Did I guess it? It crossed my mind. Would I have liked to be surprised? Obviously, drat. No more of this thread then.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Now that I have it and I'm in the middle, just a couple things.

1. The Batmobile is not fun enough considering how often you are forced to use it.
2. The Dual segments are actually ridiculously cool.

Massive spoilers here.

3. Oh my loving god, really? Joker? I can't even cut the fucker off. He just shows up to babble every 5 seconds. Barbara dies and I can't even get emotional about it because I have Joker giggling WHILE IT'S HAPPENING! I know they want to force this guy in every game, but I had hoped enough would be enough. One scene. Not the entire game. Really ruining it.

Love it so far though. The game is beautiful.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I changed my mind. The Batmobile isn't just "not really as fun as it should be" it's rear end. That they expect you to pull off timed sections when the drat thing controls so poorly is unreasonable. I've been playing for hours and STILL can't turn with any accuracy whatsoever. Drifting doesn't help.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Drifting does help, but there's some weird oversteer. You need to hold the drift button down rather than just treating it like a handbrake and pressing it once.

Gunder posted:

I think you're probably just uncommonly bad at it. I've been playing the game for a few days now, and it's pretty straightforward. The batmobile does exhibit some oversteer, but the car seems to correct for that almost entirely on it's own via the jet booster thing on the back.

I'll accept that I'm prolly bad, but there's no way I'm uncommonly so. Most reviews are saying the Batmobile is the weakest part. It's just this one Riddler race right outside the GCPD that's pissing me off. Because every time I fail I have to walk all the way back to the little wench thing to try again. The timing seems so unforgiving.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Kin posted:

The only issue I've had with the batmobile is that it has poo poo traction and because of that and the tight chase sequences, sometimes it's hard to follow a badguy down a sharp turn you don't know he's going to make. The level of hyperbole in here is nuts.

Edit: hell, "bouncing off walls"? The problem with mine is that i go through them.

poo poo traction is a fair complaint to be pissed off at considering how many side quests ask you to race around in the thing with a time limit or follow something on the road that makes sharp turns. It doesn't control like any other video game car I've ever used.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Playing further. Why not just do Under the Red Hood? Why bother with the Arkham Knight bullshit? We all knew who it was, but they swore up and down this was something we'd never seen before. Was it because it would be predictable? The fun in Under the Red Hood's mystery is literally decades old. Still would've been a fun game even if we know who's under the mask. Pretending it wasn't Jason was a waste of time.

So we really have to 100% all the Riddler stuff to get the real ending? I think I wanna do all that stuff and get the ending all in one go. Is that possible?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Edit: Never mind. Got it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Feeling good so far. Just one more Militia road block on Miagani Island (that I can't find to save my life) and the Riddler round up before I initiate the Knightfall Protocol. I'm pretty excited. I'll give my full thoughts once I have 100%. 90+ right now.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Couple questions. I'm hearing all the Riddler stuff can't be solved in one go and you have to do a New Game Plus. Is that true? Also What exactly will the Knightfall Protocol do? Can I continue Riddler hunting afterwards?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

HORMELCHILI posted:

I think the riddler tower outside the orphanage is bugged. I solved the puzzle and pull the drawer with the ball in it out but I cant do anything from there, like its stuck or something.

It's definitely bugged. I shut the game off, came back, and did it again and it worked then. I thought it was just me encountering a fluke.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Joker is so well done in this, you're a loving idiot if you have qualms with it.

He occasionally has some funny one liners, but I still didn't quite enjoy having someone ride shotgun and make cracks the whole way. I didn't mind some of the set pieces or moments, but it got tired. If I could make one main complaint about the game, it's that Rocksteady didn't practice moderation. Batmobile sections, Joker, jump scares. All would've been better with some moderation. Doesn't make the game unplayable and I don't feel as cheated as I did when Joker took over Origins, but I'm still not a fan. Guess I'm a loving idiot.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
To answer my previous question, you can get all the Riddler stuff in one go. Does anyone know what happens if you have Azrael kill Batman or refuse to surrender to Scarecrow?

God was it satisfying beating that fucker down.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 25, 2015

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In-game story says something about the parole board letting all of the criminals walk after the events of Arkham City.

Azrael stays brainwashed, Batman dodges, and then knocks him out and locks him up in GCPD with the other criminals. With Scarecrow, he just patiently waits for you to take off your belt and get into his truck since this is the last moment before the endgame. If you put your belt back on, he's just like "Eh, you'll be back."

Whoa. So are you locked out of the AR mission where you play as him then? That's actually really cool.My lock up is at 99% even though I've done every Most Wanted. Is that why? Time to start Knightfall.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Harley wasn't very fun to play as. Red Hood was better. Neither one was Batman levels of fun, but that was to be expected. What wasn't to be expected was that they'd only last for about 15 seconds.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like combat more, but I think I like predator less. The majority of the maps being outside (ala the Tower in Arkham City) really throws off my game. It's way too easy to get spotted. And way too easy to spam Fear Multis. So are we assuming they're going to let us play as Jason, Harley, Robin, Ex-Robin, and Catwoman in these AR Challenges or has that been confirmed?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Kin posted:

Ok, i think i sussed out what those cockroach boxes are. They're a riddler challenge.

I came across some Harley boxes that i smashed and after 5 a riddler challenge popped up so i'm assuming those cockroach boxes are the same (i only found 3).

They are. They're breakables like Joker's teeth in Asylum. There's the Scarecrow boxes, Harley boxes, Militia shields, and Arkham Knight's mini drones.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Discendo Vox posted:

The new game plus intro... HAHAHAHA

I saw that and it almost sucked me into playing the game all over again, but I feel like that's the only change.

ShineDog posted:

For when WB games makes the inevitable sequel, spin off, or origins 2, are there any major bat characters they haven't done yet? Pretty much every villain the public would have heard of its here, though there's still some heroes I'd like to see. (Huntress and question please.)

I'm expecting WB Montreal will make an Origins 2. I would gladly take a Nightwing game based out of Bludhaven.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CharlestonJew posted:

that fight against the Goliath was really cool, the game needs more double Beatdown-fests

They need to let you do it more in the AR Challenges. I've done the one with Nightwing like 5 times just because it's so great. I know it DEFINITELY won't happen, but it would've been cool to see Batman/Red Hood or Nightwing/Robin too.

TheJoker138 posted:

There's 250-ish, aren't there? I think somewhere between 50-100 is much more reasonable. Especially when most of them are just lovely puzzles that aren't any fun, and a bunch of others are loving photo hunts.

Honestly even 50-100 might be too many because they're all loving terrible. If they were good and fun to get maybe I wouldn't hate them so much.

You sound like someone who is very frustrated being stuck on a particular riddle. There could be less, but I quite enjoyed most of them. They really test your reflexes or your way of thinking. The photo hunt ones are clever most of the time, but still totally dumb. I'll grant you that. Never enjoy clicking Detective Mode forever to get the perfect angle.

Everybody posted:

Jason.

Why not just tell Under the Red Hood? Sure we would've known the twist, but I don't see how that devalues it. We all knew Batman was never in danger of dying in Asylum or City, but still stuck around for the ride.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an1i8KQokCQ

Red Hood Free Roam mod, man it sucks a ton that he's locked on the 10 minute DLC

10 minutes is generous. Red Hood was so fun to play as to be limited to more like 5 minutes.

Also, a record should be set straight. You can see the "true" ending without getting all the Riddler stuff. It just measures how many Most Wanted missions you've completed. I was prompted to do it before I'd taken down Riddler. So as long as you do everything else, you aren't obligated to do Riddler. Enough with the hate on Rocksteady for the misconception that they gated an ending behind Riddler.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Medium Cool posted:

That's still not the "full" ending, supposedly there is more to it but I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself on it. I activated knightfall protocol with everything but riddler done and I got the cutscene and credits, but it dropped me back into the map after and said to bring in riddler to activate the full knightfall protocol. I plan on clearing out the riddler stuff this weekend.

What. Okay, so what was in your cutscene? Put it in spoilers. Cause all I got was a cutscene and credits too. And a picture of the guys who worked on it saying "Thanks."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Oh wow. That's kinda pointless.

It's like I'm playing NG+, but I don't really have any reason to. I just like this game so much and don't feel like I've gotten a fill yet. When does the monthly DLC start? Also, something that's been bugging me: One of the cops in GCPD is highlighted green like he's a Riddler informant. Is that a clever Easter egg to remind you there are dirty cops or can I do something with that?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Medium Cool posted:

There's no prompt, just hit the counter button standing next to him and you'll interrogate him.

Thanks. That was awesome. Still at 99% lock up which bothers the poo poo out of me. Any clues on the big Easter Egg yet? Like the secret room in Asylum or Scarecrow's boat.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Some dumb idiot posted:

If you make Azrael not attempt to kill the bat he'll just bugger off and not go to the lockup meaning you can't get a full prison.

I actually spoke too soon. Locking up the cop did it for me, I just had to fully leave the room and come back to reload it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You can get 100% even after you have Azrael spare Batman. The last one is the corrupt cop who goes in a holding cell, not the big lock-up. If Rocksteady made a Flash game, I feel like it would be a lot of the non-tank Batmobile sections.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So where in the timeline does the Red Hood DLC take place? Are we not meant to really think about it? And how in the gently caress is Harley able to take down Nightwing and a group of other guys with literally no help?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Kin posted:

So, i feel dumb but how do i get the riddler trophy in Pandessa Studios where the switch is only active when you're not looking at it but you can see it in the reflection of the mirror.

You can go through a vent that takes Batman out of the room. Then with Bats no longer in the room, throw the remote Batarang at it. Also, you should know that you and ImpAtom white knighting everything and anything that someone might find issue with the game has gotten old. A LOT of people have voiced displeasure with the Batmobile. Just because you and 5 other goons liked it doesn't mean it's perfect and anyone who doesn't like it is just poo poo.

Combat is alright, but I feel like they added maybe one too many enemy types. It's to the point where if a thug has anything I just spam special takedowns on them. Big guys, big guys with electro fists, whatever. Because otherwise it starts to be a clusterfuck. Usually Batman has good tracking and like, if you do a takedown, he'll home in on the biggest threats. But not always. I've definitely done Dual Takedowns with Nightwing on the standard mook standing right next to a big guy. Speaking of, the DLC better include a lot more of that. The fact that you can't replay Dual Predator without replaying the entire story is CRIMINAL. To the point where I'd take an entire Arkham game where you always have Robin (maybe back when Dick or Jason were Robin) in dual play.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I AM VENGEANCE
I AM THE NIGHT
I. AM. BATMAN!

:gizz:
Worth every single dime.

Also, for anyone wondering, Nightwing has both of his special combos from City in the game even though the game doesn't give you any prompts for them as far as I know. I don't know for Robin or Catwoman since I didn't think to try and you can't play as them in challenge maps. Nightwing also has all his quickfire gadgets that would be relevant in combat. No line launcher or disabler or anything like that though. Seriously, can't talk enough about how much this dual play kicks rear end.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 28, 2015

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

plape tickler posted:

Am I missing something or do I need to shoot stupidly fast to get this one?

You do need to shoot fast, but not as fast as you think. The thing makes the *failed riddle* sound, but all you need to do is get 3 balls through the maze. They don't have to be consecutive. And I'm pretty sure you can hop out, land on the fan, and shoot with the REC if you can't aim the gun that quickly. I did it with the cannon no sweat though once I realized the game.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Harlock posted:

I finished the story and enjoyed it very much. I thought it was pretty good all the way round despite being predictable as all hell. I don't want Rocksteady to stop making Batman games. They're probably the best comic book games we're ever likely to get. I want to keep patrolling around Gotham for years to come. Unless, of course, they give us something cool like a Superman or Justice League game now that Arkham Knight has those cool team up attacks.

Also the game's biggest failure is not being able to patrol the city as any of the 5-6 characters they let you play as in the game. I'm sure that'll be fixed through lovely DLC.

I doubt it. Batgirl's DLC will let us run around in some capacity, but I'm thinking Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman are going to slide more toward the Harley and Red Hood side of DLC. Which blows. The real success of those DLCs will hopefully be that they come with some more challenge packs and allow you to play as the rest of them in the existing challenge maps. And more team ups. This game has way too few team ups considering how cool they are versus way too much Batmobile considering how cool that is.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Is this fight still the pinnacle of the series?

Without a doubt. I loved being put in a small space with a walking, talking tank and you needed to have your wits about you. Especially the NG+ version where you needed to figure out ALL the different takedowns to keep him down.

Still hunting for that big secret.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Capsaicin posted:

Goddamnit, how do you deal with the knife guys and the guys with stun batons again?

Hold back and tap the counter button with they swing to do an instant takedown. If you can't get the timing, just hold the button down. Having a bit of a hard time pulling it off on the ninjas in NG+. Shoot stun guys with the REC.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SettingSun posted:

Shoot weakpoint, run away until meter drops, repeat. Unless you have trouble with the cobras. Gotta Solid Snake that poo poo.

I got through that fight using brute force. What was the meter for exactly? When I first saw it I thought it was saying that I had to land as many hits as I could quickly to overload the thing. And that it went into a cooldown (like undoing the damage) if I wasn't quick enough. I gave up on that once I realized that was completely impossible.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skeezy posted:

Asking again to be sure, but can I do the Riddler stuff post game or do I need to do it before the ending. I rather just have Gotham open post game and do the Riddler stuff slowly.

You can do a big round up at the end after the first ending. The second ending with the complete 100% thing is totally up to you. You literally hit a button to start it. So you just don't hit the button to initiate Knightfall if you want to finish Riddler first. And see the full ending.

Real hurthling! posted:

Fell the same way. would have gladly sacrificed batmobile functionality for more unique content.

Yep. There's only 4 combat challenge maps. And one of them you don't even play as Batman! One sidequest disappointed me a little since it was a nice cliffhanger in City and the conclusion took all of 3 seconds in Knight.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dishwasher posted:

Reverse DDT'd Two-Face on the top of the escalator like Sting and watched him ragdoll down the stairs. Non-lethally of course. Took him out first so he'd know he's the Bitch and I'm his Master. GOTY :allears:

Batman is a fan of wrestling. He also finished off heavy guys in Origins with an RKO and taught Dick to use a German suplex as his knockout smash.

The Duke posted:

The Dynamic Duo challenge map is fun enough for me at the moment to play over and over again. Can't wait for more though!

It's fun enough for me to have played it like 50 times, but I am still upset that there's not at LEAST the option to trade Nightwing for Robin and Catwoman. Or a Dual Predator map.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Funky Valentine posted:

Half of Batman's rogues gallery has that problem.

Mr. Freeze has perfected cryogenics for god's sake. Get his rear end to NASA.

I'd say it's more than half. Most of them have mastered robotics. Bane could be a great chemist. Ivy could do wonders for the Earth if she tried as proven by this game.. It's a good 90%. You have to exclude Joker. Imagine a reformed Clayface. He could be the best actor ever.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skeezy posted:

I'm trying to deal with the checkpoint by the waterfront on Bleake Island. It's guarded by 2 large sentries and I have no idea how I'd get the Batmobile in there tbh

There are some you can't get the Batmobile to. You can get close and use an EMP or use the disruptor if you have the drone hack upgrade or silence once and fight in the other's blind spot. You have options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Aquasnake posted:

I can't Start Knightfall until I finish Riddler But it sounds like other people can, what gives?

It works based on how many Most Wanteds you've completed. And of course you have to have finished the game and beat Scarecrow. If it doesn't work and you've done both things, you've encountered a glitch.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Here's a link to that exact moment. It's from the BTAS comics.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9rO6g

That's actually super depressing.

• Locked thread