Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I feel really bad for anyone who got this on PC. Reading through this thread, it sounds like you guys went through a ton of poo poo and don't really have anything to show for it. So I feel bad, really I do.

That being said...

I got the game for the Xbox One for Christmas and I love the hell out of it. Really great. So much so that I just bought the season pass a couple of days ago (I got the game as a gift, so $29.99 is the only money I've had to drop on this game). Flying around Gotham as 1989 Batman is incredible fun, and I'm enjoying the new Infamy missions.

I do have a question about the season pass though, because this is the first time I've bought as season pass for anything. Was this only for DLC during 2015, and now any new content will not be included? I'm fine if that's the case, I just have no idea how these things work.

Buying the console version and waiting until there was all of this content has really worked out well for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Crappy Jack posted:

That WAS all the content. There's no new. I mean, I think there are a couple of new maps coming out, and one new outfit, but those were gonna be included for everyone, I believe.

Ah okay. I saw people talking about new maps, so I thought there would be some new DLC in the future. If it's just those recycled maps coming soon (and maybe something in April? Though I'm guessing it'll be a new announcement for that new WB Montreal game), that's fine. Thanks.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

OhFunny posted:

I got this on the 40% sale and was super worried it was going to be unplayable, but everything ran smoothly and I had a lot of fun.

Except for the dumb Ridder puzzles locking out the rest of the ending.

Yeah, this is turning out to be the only part of the game I don't love. I'm hovering somewhere around 85 trophies, and coming to the realization that I'm just not going to slog through all of the 240+ trophies. I like achievements, but it's just far too many. Working through all of the trophies I've already done, and knowing I'm only around 1/3 of the way through them...ugh. It's not happening.

Which is fine. I'll probably give up and look up the full ending on YouTube. After I finish New Game +, which I'm playing through now.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Any of the dlc worth getting?

I enjoyed the Season of Infamy DLC. 4 missions added to the actual game map of Gotham (either all at once if you've finished the game, or a new mission popping up periodically as you work through the story, as I'm seeing now in New Game +). They're not all that long, but decent enough, and for $10 I think it's worth it.

I really don't think the Arkham Episodes are worth it. They're either quite short, or frustrating as hell. The Catwoman one drove me nuts, during the robot fight at the end, I felt like each time I was almost finished, a finishing move animation or wonky enemy select would lead me right onto the electric panels. I had to be perfect for over half of the fight to cover the health losses I knew I would be unable to avoid near the end. The Batgirl mission was probably my favorite, mainly for who shows up in the story, and for the larger/fancier map than the others, but even it was pretty light on content.

The costumes are fun, but I've already gone back to using the main Batsuit. Turns out, when game makers design a suit and world in the same mold, they look better together. Who knew?

The different Batmobile skins were, mostly, useless, because most of them can't enter Tank mode. So you can only really use them once you've cleared out Gotham of tanks, and even then, hope you don't want to bust up any breakable objects. The racing mode that comes with it is fun at first (I really enjoyed driving around Adam West Batman sets), but it got old real fast.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably get the Season of Infamy pack for $10, but not the season pass for $30. Though I'm not all that upset about my purchase either.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

All of this is a reason to use consoles. Consistency for the win!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Krazyface posted:

The overall impression I've gotten is that the Most Wanted expansion is kind of cool, while all the other DLC is either crap, or too insubstantial for the price. I'm not really interested in skins or challenge rooms. What DLC do people recommend I get, if anything?

My post near the top of the page lays out what I think about the DLC, if that helps. But the short short version is Season of Infamy is the only one I really recommend.

Veotax posted:

Maybe the Batgirl one? It's the only one of any substantial length, but I feel it's kind of a waste. Batgirl plays exactly the same as Batman, despite every story you get from Riddler puzzles involving her says that she uses escrima sticks while fighting.

Also the story being a prequel is a waste, could have had Jason as Robin to give him some more character development but they just went with Tim instead.

Well, I mean...probably couldn't have been about Batgirl if they hadn't made it a prequel, what with Barbara being in a wheel chair now.

Unless you were also saying they could have made it Batman and Jason Todd.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 7, 2016

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Veotax posted:

I don't mean that the story is a waste because it's a prequel, I meant that it didn't show or tell us anything new, like getting to see what Jason was like as Robin or something. Instead it's just a story about Batgirl stopping the Joker, it doesn't add anything to the overall Arkham story. It just feels like a waste of time.

Oh, as in the wasted the opportunity of it being a prequel by doing nothing interesting with it. My mistake.

In that case, I completely agree.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Veotax posted:

Return to Arkham trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv07fouYvs

Is it me or do the graphics look updated? Like new textures and lighting?

Isn't the kind of the point?

Looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The cutscenes look worse, but some of the gameplay sections look better to me.

• Locked thread