Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Phylodox posted:

...?

How...is it supposed to be pronounced?

AZ-ree-ahl I think. Azayzl is the devil Xman who can teleport, guy probably just got confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
I'll collect trinkets til the cows come home, but I wasn't able to 100% City because of the Challenges because I suck at combat :(

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Residency Evil posted:

I forget, to 100% do you need to get gold on all the challenge maps too? I'm not very good at those.

This was the case for City, I think everything sans challenge maps got you to 84%. I also suck at them so lost interest in 100%ing it when I realized that.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Crabtree posted:

It's also kind of sad that it wasn't the main game and the Joker bait-and-switch wasn't a condensed and possibly better side DLC, but at least we got CCH as it was. It also makes me wonder if this means if any future Batman games would benefit from a more episodic case by case narrative instead of a giant open world brawl. It's likely cool when it works in Arkham Knight, but CCH felt like a more solid experience than City or Origins.

You could still work in progression from each case making Batman better his game or try out new tools as the villains and plots get more dangerous, but it could be told like B:TAS or Brave and the Bold where every night its a different freak that tests your skills to combat them from the usual gang of thugs on every rooftop.

An LA Noire type model would be a nice change from the "one CRAZY night in Gotham" used in the Arkham games

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

ayn rand hand job posted:

LA Noire had some of the worst open world gameplay I have ever seen.

It was more sterile than any of the Arkham games, and there's poo poo to do in LA.

I agree, I more meant the episodic set up, and building a case over a series of crime scenes, noting connections with other crimes, etc.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
How long does decryption take if I wait til midnight and do it not via vpn? I preloaded but might just wait til tomorrow if its gonna be another hour of set up

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

I've just come home to my NZ PS4 and Batman's pre-order clock is gone. The download button is there, but all I get is errors back.
I presume the clock is down prematurely and it's not on the servers yet.

Also, this would be unlikely for an Arkham game, but can you use skins right off the bat in story mode?

Yeah, I'm rocking dark knight returns fatman through the main story

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
Only played twenty minutes or so but I had no crashes or huge framerate drops with an AMD 7700 something or other. All settings on low, but honestly if it plays nice I wouldn't care if it looked the same as City. I'm hoping a patch might allow me to bump it up but I'm just happy it works, with what I've been hearing.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, PC fans, is it as bad as advertised? I've heard reports ranging from "sluggish, but okay" to "completely broken" and I'm not sure what to expect from my year old PC and GTX 770.

Im on i5 3570k@ 3.4, 16G ram, AMD 7800 series (idk which one, lol) and it runs perfectly. It's on low for sure, but looks like 1.3 times better than City, I'd say? fine for me.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

I like all the new stealth and combat options they give you, too bad there's not much opportunity to actually use any of this poo poo because there's no challenge maps.

Agreed, I dont hate the batmobile but I feel like I've fought more tanks than thugs at this point.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
So, am I insane, or can you not use DLC skins in the main story (which was a big cool deal when revealed that you could) after you get the iron man suit (which happens like 30 minutes in). I had my DKR suit on, accessed through the extras menu, but now I cant. Seems like a lot of dishonesty in this game.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Rirse posted:

You can reselect your costume after upgrading to the Iron Man suit. I was wearing the Batman 66 costume when that happened, and then next time I played the game swapped to the JLA 3000 costume just fine.

Under extras? I no longer see skins there, just story synopsis and credits.

NM, got it

Terrible Horse fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 25, 2015

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
OK finally finished the story, and I'm at like 75% total. First of all, its such a shame that the PC port poo poo happened because (I played this on PC) this game was amazing and such a great topper to Asylum and City. I hope people get to play it normally and its not thought of as a complete failure because when it works, its absolutely stellar.

Thoughts:
1) the ability to play the story with other skins was surprisingly awesome; I played with the DKR skin, and it fit great with the idea of an older Batman at the end of his run, wearing the traditional burlap pajamas while everyone else is wearing armor. It doesnt work in the final cutscene, though, but oh well.it worked particularly well when Batman tapped his chest and said "He knew what he was doing"
2)Batmobile was fine/great, but the cobra "stealth sequences" were awful. I was playing on normal but turned down to easy for the Cloudburst just to get it over with.
3) I thought I was sick of the Joker, but I wasnt. Every time he appeared when I crested a railing, I was happy to see him. The ending was downright heartbreaking. A great sendoff to two great characters

edit: I had a flawless performance on PC on low settings, until the fear toxin and Ivy's spores were released, and then I got some slowdown when glide-bursting or tearing around in the batmobile

Terrible Horse fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 1, 2015

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
Is there a trick to the batmobile shooting gallery riddler trophy on the back of the orphanage besides "shoot faster?" I never get a prompt for a multiple missile strike or anything.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
I'm at 96% and I gotta say its pretty annoying trying to wrap up the last few firefighter, azrael, and road-bomb missions. I've taken to hitching a ride on the police choppers and just looking around because I'm not getting any more intel.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Also I feel like either me or the game is going insane at this point. I'm getting more and more physics and combat bugs and there were shockingly few before now.

Same as I'm clearing up the postgame. The Riddler trophy on the docks by the ferris wheel where there are two robots you can control, I could infinitely spawn the one with the gun. I controlled him, ordered him to walk to the button, and there would be another left behind that I could interact with. I was really confused how the puzzle was supposed to work.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
A Superman game could be fun but its 1) probably a puzzle game( like taking out some robots while catching 3 falling people and putting out a fire), not a combat game, because Superman is invincible and it would be like having an infinite fear takedown in Arkham language and 2) maybe a couple generations off because it would require a life-size model of the Earth, including low Earth orbit, and not feel extremely sparse (so, a bunch of bespoke cities at least the size of Gotham in Knight, or more realistically, procedural generated cities). It would need to be the worlds biggest and fastest flight sim, and be able to transition seamlessly from orbit to ground level.

Edit: also completely destructible environments because you need to be able to punch Zod through buildings.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Now figure out how to make the flying give a sense of Superman-like speed while not being a nightmare to navigate.

It's not necessarily impossible, but flight is a huge problem.

Yeah, either you have a very nerfed Superman or everything is constantly in bullet-time

edit: ^ same with Flash

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
Theres 0 hope that the Batgirl DLC will be available for PC players with the main game still in quarantine, right?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
So what's going on in the 100% ending? Batman (Bruce? a replacement?) is using fear toxin on people now?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm halfway done with the Riddler challenges but I'm really not looking forward to finding the rest of the informants I need. It seems like they're much rarer than they were in City, though that map was a lot tighter than Knight's.

You have to regularly be crackin skulls for them to spawn. Take out some rioters.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
Any suggestions on games similar to the Arkham ones? They are my favorite games, and I rarely play any others; the mix of story, open world, and obsessive collect-a-thons is perfect for me, even though im sure the majority of the appeal is just the Batman world. I tried Shadows of Mordor and I think I logged about 12 hours before I completely lost interest. Same thing over and over in a brown and grey shithole.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

I actually really like the Pyg stuff in AC. The only thing I'll say is that 1) It was entirely too short and unexplored (Though congratulations on being one of the only sidequests that actually change things up a bit) and 2) I had some serious flashbacks to the Doctor from Bioshock, even his motivation is practically the same.

It's weird being totally finished with the game. The last trophies I had left were in the studios and it was odd going back there (Or the airships etc) and walking around a big empty space. There's an unintended sense of finality to the game that has Batman doing one last thing before vanishing (As an added touch, I ended up in Wayne Towers to solve one of the riddles and just listened to his messages on the machine), it's just a shame that one last thing you're doing is going around and collecting loving trophies.

I liked his final talk with Catwoman though, I just wish it had been a little more delicate. He's vanishing forever, he doesn't quite need to be so short and stoic with her.

Yeah postgame can be kinda lonely/boring, I always try to ration out storyline/side missions so the game feels like things "matter" for as long as possible, but there's no getting around a few trophies at the end. It would be cool if the sky brightened and dawn approached as you got closer to 100%, rioter patterns changed, things like that to provide some sense of change and movement still.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

Also I don't remember City or Asylum being this short, but the sidequests are *really* short? Maybe I'm just thinking too highly of Arkham City.

AK 100% took me like 50 hours, which is about the same as AC 100% (quests and riddler; I didn't bother with the challenge rankings) took me.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

Fair enough. I think Dishwasher covered it pretty well in that the city feels pretty empty.
Def agreed, I felt that everything was too spread out and that once you were just getting Riddler trophies, the city felt empty and filled with cops ,so like, why am i even worried about these rioters etc

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Forum Joe posted:

Right, so I've 200%ed the game and got 67 out of 69 stars for the AR challenges but the David and Goliath challenge and the other Cobra Tank one can just go and gently caress themselves right off. I hate them with a passion, and after spending the last hour trying to three-star them, I give up.

Congratulations, Rocksteady, you've beaten me. I'm now a worthless shell of a man because I can't 100% your loving game. What the gently caress is a stealth tank battle anyway? You give me the shits, I'm going back to adventure games.

Lol. I feel like 100% is good enough. I got stuck in new game + in the subway fight with ninjas and 3+ brutes. I tried the fight like 10 times and just lost interest

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I'm at a total loss on what to do at this part. I just came back to the game after about a month and getting stuck. I'm on this part in the main story where you are in a sewer and at the end there is a room with a bunch of the big guys and seemingly endless sword mooks. I'm playing on hard and not dying to bump the difficulty down, because up until now the game has been ridiculously easy. This part feels loving impossible though and the wave of enemies just seems to never end. Should I just give up and bump the difficulty down or is there some way to get this stupid part to end? I must have died 30 times on this loving part and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight.

Edit: Ahahaha it's like clockwork every time I bitch and moan about a part in a video game I beat it on the next try. Jesus.

This is the first part in NG+ where I've got stuck, and I think it's because I dont know how to do an environment takedown. I dont know if I missed the tutorial or if there are no prompts or what. Anyone have a cliffs notes?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

CuwiKhons posted:

I like Damian best as an extremely violent 10 year old who doesn't care when people knock his teeth out because whatever, they're baby teeth anyway.

Not into broody teenager Damian.

They arent going to make a whole new model and animations for a DLC though.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

Is there any story behind the one on the left where it looks like Bruce stripped down the 60's Batmobile for parts?

Some Alex Ross story where everyone got armor, Justice I think.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, this game pretty much always worked on my PC, but now it's gonna fund my purchase of Fallout 4.

Same here. I enjoyed Knight, and we can just rebuy it in a year when its on holiday sale for $9.99 right? They aren't pulling it from Steam again?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

ayn rand hand job posted:

That cutscene can vary and featured Croc, Scarecrow, or Bane clutching the cannister.

That's neat, do you know what controls it? I forget what I got, and not that it really matters as any continuing Arkham games will probably be prequels, but cool nonetheless.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Spacebump posted:

What would have been a good price for this game's dlc? $15?

Honestly none of it is worth anything to me. I didn't get the Season Pass so I dont feel "ripped off," but unless you're going to put out a ~10 hour new story chunk, I'm simply not interested and they needn't have bothered.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

I would love to talk about Season of Infamy, but I only today learned about the Nightwing DLC glitch. So gently caress me, I guess.

This game is still very good, yet still disappointing. Knight is definitely not the best in the franchise and the tank poo poo sucks. It just sucks. I can't think of a single time I was ever looking forward to a tank section or clamoring for more of them or rushing to the AR tank missions to get more of it. I got WAY more than I ever wanted. And honestly if it weren't in the game at all, I can't imagine I would've ever thought "Man, I wish the Batmobile turned into a tank." It's just stupid. Contrast that with the combat and predator (which I gotta say, I hate the predator maps and challenges this time around) where I actually was excited for every next beat. Dual Predator and Combat? Holy poo poo, I want a full game of that goodness. The game made a lot of fun choices too. It's just not City and if I compare how many times I played through them, this is under Asylum. Only edging out Origins cause it hasn't crashed and I haven't fell through the floor a few times.

Not only were the tank bits unfun and way too numerous, but they had to contrive and contort to a ridiculous degree to even have them. If they were manned tanks instead of "drones", Batman would be poo poo out of luck and would have to EMP them and peel them open to fight the militia inside, which already sounds more fun than what we got. The Knight's plan and everything he said barely made any sense...

Dual predator with Robin in the movie studio was the highest point of genuine Batmany fun in the whole series for me, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

I've been replaying Origins because its the Christmas Arkham game and I mostly agree: its not as good as City, but its a ton of fun. The combat does feel a little worse so maybe if I was playing it on Nightmare or whatever, that would matter, but it's a fine game.

• Locked thread