Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Volkerball posted:

wheez also made a big effort post in the ME thread during Israel's latest bombing campaign listing charities there that he tried to encourage people to donate to, if you'd like to donate to something along those lines.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3390388&pagenumber=1468&perpage=40#post431898478

is there something we could send to his family to show that he meant a lot to us here, or is there no way to do that that isn't cheesy and tacky?

I'm gonna try to come up with something to send to his family that won't be weird.

It will probably still be a little weird cause we are from the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wheez the roux posted:

loving joe buck shut the gently caress up you worthless piece of poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thaddius the Large posted:

By my count, not including anyone who hasn't mentioned it in this thread, we're at $925 raised for SPLC, $85 to UNRWA, and $50 to Médecins Sans Frontières; not bad for a bunch of random internet nerds remembering a funny dude's posting.

make that $975 to SPLC

hail satan, rip wheez, tff owns

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

uh oh pancho! posted:

aric's family saw this thread and wanted to send along their thanks to everyone for their generosity and kind words. they also informed me that they have the istombradyacheater.com emails

That's so awesome :unsmith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

elKlepitan posted:

http://www.wheeztheroux.com

I want you guys to know that when I showed our parents this thread they were cry-laughing so hard at a lot of the posts.
When we first found out what happened my mom was distraught that he was "alone," but with the post history it is comforting to know that he wasn't "alone" at all. He was in good company doing what he loved most: making dick jokes and degrading comments about other sports teams.

If he sent you any recipes, or quotes regarding food, please send them my way or submit them at the website above. I am compiling a cookbook, and I would like as much of it to be direct quotes from him as possible. I've used the fried chicken recipe in the blog as posted on this thread verbatim- so thank you for that!

-the sister

This is the most :unsmith: thing.

I lost my sister to a car accident about 15 years ago. Still hurts to this day, but remembering good times always helps. I'm glad your family got to see this thread and share in some of the good times we had with wheez.

I love everyone right now.

• Locked thread