Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Neither a cat, nor a girl. Just a gentleman in a bear's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

mikeycp posted:

This is from way before I knew how to get on the house, else I would be there instead.

no...this is good.

I like this. It pleases me.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh god

My computer crashed and I had to give it a hard reboot. I was standing in the giant meat ball of people watching the opening cutscene in Ishgard.

Welp, see you guys in three weeks.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Anyone run into a DRK tanking with just the shirt/pants from the quest yet?

I healed like this because I was too lazy to hunt down level 30 gear when I had 31 gear ready to go.

Then I got Copperbell as an LLDR :negative:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Currently on minute 5 of a dungeon queue

...We queued as a healer and a tank together.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh my god close the thread

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
AST is a lot of fun. It took a while for me to remember what card did what but I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.

Also Ley Lines is REALLY loving GOOD HOLY poo poo. Whenever I drop it I just start making GBS threads out fireballs like there's no tomorrow. 15% cast speed feels a lot more significant than it sounds. Plus, more importantly, it looks really awesome. I Can't wait to start Fire 4ing poo poo. One question with that though, I'm worried about all the keybinds I need. Will Fire4 and Blizzard4 need their own separate skill binds, or will they replace Fire3/Blizzard3 while your buff is up?

I'm wondering if I should start using my mouse button as a keyboard modifier but I'm afraid that'll feel really weird.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mo0 posted:

Finally on the last leg of my trip home. Anyone willing to indulge my need for info and describe how AST plays in comparison to WHM now that you've had a couple days to get acquainted with it?

e: f, someone already posted that kinda

Sorry, I'm excited to return is al

It's fun.

Early on, the game play is really similar to WHM though. In fact, my first LLDR with AST put me in copperbell, and it played identically to WHM.

It sucks getting level synced below 30 as AST, you lose your yu-gi-oh cards and it becomes indistinguishable from WHM. Your instant cast DOT, your main nuke, your weaker nuke that inflicts heavy. You have a small, MP efficient heal, a large, MP inefficient heal. MP refresh skill that reduces enmity (in a slightly different way), AoE heal. Post 30, later on (with Dinural Sect), you get your regen, and AoE regen heals.

It's fun so far, but all because of the cards. I'm only 36 though, I know it's going to change quite a bit once I get more levels under me. It's just that I leveled WHM once already. My first LLDR threw me in Copperhell and it was totally indistinguishable from WHM.

e: Only downside is that the sound effects are a bit on the high pitched side and it's annoying to listen to.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 21, 2015

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dessel posted:

edit: Would love to see some sort of priority chart of which cards benefit which classes the most, because I barely know anything about other classes. (Do they use TP, how much time does the class need for TP savings to make an effect, does the class have frequent cooldowns, whose CD lowering would affect DPS, etc.)

I'm sure someone will crunch the numbers eventually and this thread will argue endlessly over it.

On that note, what's the deal with The Spear? It reduces recast times, but does nothing to regular attacks so it doesn't increase attack speed like The Arrow does, it only affects cooldowns related skills. I haven't had a chance to test it much since testing cards is such a pain in the rear end. I'm assuming that the card only applies it's bonus to skills that are used while it's up, and doesn't affect cooldowns that were already ticking down when the card was put up. That doesn't really seem that good, I foresee most of the time no cooldowns would be used in that 20 seconds.

Personally I just royal road it or toss it on the tank, since faster tank cooldowns are always a good thing and they're always popping them off non stop.

That brings up another issue with AST buffs, to get the best use out of the skills, you really have to have a pretty good understanding of most of the classes in the game. Whenever I get The Spire, I have no idea who to dump it on since I don't know which classes benefit the most from TP reduction since the only TP using class I've taken to 50 has been warrior. I haven't played DRG to 50, does invigorate make that class self sustaining?

I'm sure someone will write a guide eventually. In the mean time, I'm just going to do whatever and just pray that the DPS don't notice that I'm favoring one over the other.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 21, 2015

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

kharaa posted:

Any non-caster during an aoe fight in dungeon content. Monks, ninjas, bards in 8-man stuff. It's kinda a bad card for 4-mans because nothing lasts long enough for it to be any good outside of aoe packs, and those seem to be dying off with every patch.

ugh

give me my party TP bars Yoshi plz

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

VanillaGorilla posted:

Ravana is a very visually complex fight that is actually super easy. 90% of it is just don't stand in bad, don't stand in front of holes in the wall, and kill adds. He does have a rotating immunity shield that positional melee need to understand, but otherwise it's just deal damage and heal damage, albeit a lot of it.

It is an incredibly rad fight to watch though!

They're incredibly kind that your camera is repositioned so you can still watch the fight if you're knocked off.

Don't ask me how I know this. (It was my first time :ohdear:)

I only spoiled that because it's a fun fight to go in blind.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm enjoying F5ing that post every minute and watching it change (I do the same don't worry)

quote:

Arrow: Arrow is kind of a roll depending on your party. It can significantly reduce cooldowns, so it can either greatly increase the thoroughput of your BLM/SMN players, and can also help the healers make a push on topping off the party.

Spear: Spear is quite decent for any of your physical DPS, or help your tanks keep up their defensive cooldowns much easier, but if neither of those are relevant, just road/shuffle it.

Spear is cooldowns (recast), Arrow is attack speed iirc. Spear won't actually make you attack faster, so if you have your BLM fireball with a 2.5 cast/recast speed, dropping spear won't change that. It will, however, reduce Raging Strikes, convert, etc etc.

I like throwing Arrow down on Monks. I'll be damned if I crunch the numbers to find out if it's actually worth it, I just like the concept of making the fastest attacking class attack even faster.

I'll probably wind up doing the same to BLMs when they have Ley Lines up.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Fridurmus posted:

The Ewer is great for Dark Knights at the beginning of a pull, by the way, or at least that's what my fiancee tells me. Try throwing it at them, see if it helps.

Does it work on that...MP draining skill thing that they use

gently caress me if I know the name of all the new skills yet.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Downtime posted:

Can finally get some rest!

GO OUTSIDE

TALK TO A GIRL

AND/OR A BOY IF THAT'S YOUR THING I DON'T JUDGE HOLY poo poo STOP IT

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I am so triggered right now.

I got BLM to 53 and AST to 36 and I feel like I've played too much over the past two days :smith:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Fister Roboto posted:

Take a screenshot of the chat log and send in a GM ticket.

I think you'll find that that sort of player is in the minority, and the rest are more helpful than not, if only for a chance to get those sweet commendations at the end.

I would assume the GMs have access to the chat logs assuming you can give them a time and location.

Not sure how that works with instances though. Only time I reported someone, it was in the middle of Gredania. I only copy/pasted the logs

Report menu is buried somewhere in the in game help menu. I forgot that help menu existed until I had to report someone. Eyes just kind of glazed over it after almost these months.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'd like to apologize in advance to all healers.

When I drop Ley Lines and an AoE immediately appears on me...I'm going to roll the dice that I can survive that hit. You understand, don't you?

(It's only going to get worse once I get Enochian)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hivac posted:

I'm glad to know my impeccable talent of picking the most worthless classes in games continues

I'm sorry you're so intent on leveling gathering classes. Might I suggest a more entertaining combat class instead?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

onesixtwo posted:

Pretty much every job feels bad / weird / gimped / not the fotm until you get 60. Do you forget how lovely your rotations were pre-50? Just keep leveling and it'll make sense at the end.

Oh god don't bring back my suppressed level 39 BLM memories.

Or really any BLM level after you get Blizzard3 but before 40.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

KaneTW posted:

F4 changes a lot. While until 58 you just get some oGCD buffs and it still feels (barring MP fuckery) more or less like 50 BLM, F4 changes literally everything. Fire is delegated to refreshing stacks and Sharpcast is used in conjunction with leylines to get 3 F4 in before stacks expire. Also, Swiftcast is now an actual DPS cooldown. It's a lot of variables but overall really fun.

yes

Enocian is a 30 second buff with a 1 minute cooldown.

With the refreshing of the buff you get, under ideal circumstances, I'm assuming you can have 100% uptime of Enocian? I'm really excited about hitting 60 on BLM but I'm also kinda nervous about how difficult the rotation will be to keep up and what it means for someone like me who tends to occasionally make a stupid mistake.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

KaneTW posted:

You refresh it once or twice (depending on circumstances (procs, movement)), let it fall off for a moment to reset the duration and reuse the ability.

Nice

This is doing to be awesome. I thought it was going to be yet another cooldown, but it turns out it's a complete game changer instead.

I am excite

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

MikeyLikesIt posted:

"We'll take care of the monsters, you just mend our wounds"

I guess that's what I signed up for, thanks White Mage Class Quest NPCs.

When you put it like that, it's really depressing. That's some Prometheus poo poo right there :smith:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

LoG posted:

Thanks, it's too late about sinking money since I've already bought 2 copies! Loving the game so far but I wasn't sure if there were any QoL additions or anything like that.

You can't even access the new stuff until you finish the original main story quest. There's no reason to spend the money now.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yoshi can remove every single black mage skill except Blizzard1 and it would still be my favorite job in the game.

Because, you know, black mage :black101:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Klades posted:

Not that the greater healer population needed an excuse to dress entirely in swimsuits and underpants, since that seems to be part of their code or something.

Yet another reason why Male Roegadyn is the best race/sex combination in the game.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

quote:

・An issue wherein the black mage action "Fire" would not trigger the "Fire III" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.

I wonder what those "certain conditions" were. I now feel justified in complaining that the game was loving me when I'd go two full rotations without a single firestarter proc. 40% chance my rear end.

e: Just hit level 58 and (Minor MSQ Spoiler) God dammit Estinien don't you think it's time to clean your armor and take a shower? I bet you smell wonderful right now. Yes I know his armor being stained with blood is supposed to be symbolic and in reference to an earlier statement he makes about revenge but come on man, practice some personal hygiene

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 30, 2015

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

BERGfu posted:

I just realized I literally only ever die in a dungeon or trial when you're in the party. Like you're not even tank or heal, it's you just being there. Let me know when you need to run the next one after the vault

To be fair, you deserve it.

Remind me to chuck apocatastasis your way a few times so I can make believe I'm trying to protect you.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm excited that I got bliz4 because it's pretty.

I'm excited for getting Fire4 because it's also pretty.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

vOv posted:

Yeah, I love how B4/F4 are super-flashy spammable spells (F1 is anemic, Flare is gorgeous but you can't really use it often in single-target). I don't mind the extra complexity, the problem is that staying in Enochian is difficult if you're doing anything but turreting, and seeing it run out when you're .2 seconds away from casting B4 and getting a big ol' INTERRUPTED is just the worst feeling.

I'm not 60 yet so I haven't done the full rotation (in fact, I just hit 58 last night, bliz4'ed a dummy a few times then went to bed), so I'm just guessing here, but would it be any better if recasting Enocian reset your timer to the full 30 seconds instead of just acting like a refresh? I would think it simplifies things since it's back up after your 2nd refresh. You can just recast it and continue instead of trying to fenagle and timing with Enocian dropping off and reapplying.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

seiferguy posted:

I think you're finally understanding that true endgame is looking fabulous :sparkles:

I understood that the moment I fantasiaed to Reogadyn and equiped the coliseum gear.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tenzarin posted:

FF14, we sure have alot of nude male armor.

It's still not enough though.

It will never be enough.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Truth posted:

So how does one actually make a character on excalibur? I would prefer not to pay 18 bucks to transfer my level 10 there, but it seems I can't make a new character either.

get lucky and keep trying early in the morning for a few days

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Truth posted:

And there are no free transfers?

Nope.

We have paid transfers but you're better off being patient and trying for a few days. Plus nobody in this thread can agree weather or not paid transferred are subject to the same character creation restrictions so you're better off just saving your money and your time and being patient.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Evil Canadian posted:

I got my transfer to excalibur going at like 8pm yesterday so the usual character creation block is not part of transferring.

Up until someone comes into this thread and chimes in that they attempted a paid character transfer this afternoon and they were blocked.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

J posted:

So I haven't played this since release, going through the story on my marauder and I just got to the haukke manor part, and going by the spoilers the next dungeon after that is brayflox. Are there any boss gimmicks or speedrun pack skips or any other stuff people generally expect the tank to know/do that I definitely wouldn't know about? If not, when does that kind of stuff start happening? I don't want to gently caress it all up.

You have to pull the last boss out of his own barf, otherwise it heals him. Otherwise no, not really.

Honestly, just ask the party. The community in this game is pretty good, they'll normally explain mechanics to you if you ask.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I did the library for the first time last night, and I learned the hard way not to use Aetherial Manipulation on that boss.

I wound up getting stuck inside the boss and blown to bits. Twice.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Vermain posted:

if I get stuck in Brayflox with a Scholar as the tank,

In my head, I know this is a typo.

But in my heart, I hold it to be true.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Furnaceface posted:

The number of people that complain about filling up every available hotbar and still missing stuff in this very thread tells me that the game still has massive ability bloat even with the focus on being controller friendly. Its probably the number 1 issue that is nagging me as I level and get closer to the end of my free month. That and forced group content. None of the goon servers are allowing new characters at any point of the day right now so Im making due on my own on some backwater server, so if I cant solo it Im pretty screwed. :(

Otherwise Im really enjoying everything else. They really did a good job of blending single player story telling and MMO, Im quite impressed.

Duty finder is cross server so group content won't be a problem.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

quote:

An issue when using DirectX 11 wherein the screen resolution may change to windowed mode while confirming a full screen mode resolution. (Windows)

Oh thank god. I was getting this every time I started the game.

e: And they turned down the sound effect of Broil. Today is a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ridinspinnaz posted:

every time I go to the official forums a tiny part of my dies but I can't stop myself

the pages aren't loading for me.

It's a sign.

• Locked thread