Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why do dark knights hold their sword like retards? I bet SE is having a very good laugh right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who is he? Is that ichigo? Oh that's narutoe?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Finally got lvl 60, only had to do 2 subquests in the final zone.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So how do i get ilvl 145 accessories? I'm ilvl 144 and i am 1 below ilvl 145 for dungeons.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rafzakael posted:

That's my plan basically, yeah. Gubal is fun though so I don't mind it; everything else, even Vault, is a chore with pugs; especially Vault, even, because spending 45 minutes in every other run explaining mechanics isn't great. Best to take friends

First week of expansion quietly coming to a end. You fuckers better go watch youtube and learn fights!~

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boten Anna posted:

do anything embarrassing by making them put their dick in their pants for 3 goddamned seconds.

Do you take your pants off, then put your dick in them? Usually my dick is in my pants, except on the bus because you know killing 2 birds with one stone.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

vanbags posted:

Is there any way to turn real life dollars into gil that doesn't involve the potential of getting banned? Can you trade the mounts bought from the store?

1. New account, recuited.
2. cd key from amazon
3. time card from amazon.
4. mmominion
5. create a new character, set it to questing 1-15
6. unlock airship rides
7. run the worldexplorer in the bot
8. get a gathering class and set it to gather.
9. go to sleep

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

abraham linksys posted:

The Notched Bone quests in Idyllshire is one of the worst shaggy dog questlines I've ever seen in an MMO, goddamn

e: all of these side quests are making me long for the moogles, in fact

Don't worry! Moghome is leaking!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

pksage posted:

Resubbing to this thread now that the 3.0 postspam has died down a bit, glad to see over the last page or two that nothing has changed.

In anything synced above 50, including leveling dungeons like The Aery, the difference between a good DPS and a bad DPS is so much more pronounced than it used to be. Maybe one in five roulettes has a pubbie DPS that gets anywhere near me (DRG), and it's not uncommon for randoms to deal like half my DPS or less. And this is independent of the whole MCH/BRD issue, which is totally real (I regularly leave our static's BRD, who isn't a top-10%-of-raiders BRD but still got the job done, in the dust). I really, really want an in-game DPS meter of some kind, even if it's not numbers-based. How hard would it be to give us an icon for each player that glows to show their DPS relative to the best DPS in the party? Green = top DPS or within 15% of top DPS. Yellow = within 15% and 30% of top DPS. Orange = within 30% and 50% of top DPS. Red = below 50% of top DPS. I think "try to keep this little bar green" is something most players could grasp.

Bismarck EX is pretty fun! Nice to see DPS checks like that in currently-relevant content. Shame it'll be a joke when we're i210, or whatever.

This times 1000, so true. Just give us a drat dps meter in game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can you solo any of the clan hunts dailies?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If your at lvl 60, and you need to upgrade your bracers to do the expert dungeons. Run the last story dungeon before the trial, twice. You get 80 per and most like will get the 40 bonus for someone doing it the first time because there's no loot people arnt really going to be running it to gear out. Then go buy the 170 bracers from the shop in goblin town.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 29, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh, that's how people are getting Law at such prodigious rates. Newbie bonuses.

Expert, high, low, MSQ daily roulette so will give you 460 law each day. You need 2400 for the whole set, so 5 days just with roulettes. It's a lot different from running Casterm(?) something like 40-50 times.

The grind is in the hunts. 100 for the weekly, 75 for all the 15 reward dailes. The other 2 levels of clan hunts will give you 50 and 25 also. So 150 daily if you have time to do them all. You also need like 2400 of them to upgrade everything to 180.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 29, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tsurupettan posted:

MSQ roulette gives you poe. Trial gives you law.

A full i170 set is 3095 without the weapon, and 3665 with.

e: 2400 cent without the weapon, 2795 with. Old hunts also give you cent and law.
Yes, you are correct. I was going off this guide if anyone wants a detailed link. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3938468/blog/2342792/

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Begemot posted:

I loved how egregious it was for the Aery. You are riding in one of two existing manacutters that have been specially made to get in there. Both only have enough room for one person, there's one for you and one for Estinien. You crash at the dungeon entrance and the other adventurers just sort of appear out of nowhere.

They were all inside the deck of your airship.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
As a blm mage, should I not be using thunder anymore? So I should just get ecochain refreshed with B3>B4 then quickly get back in AS to spam F4?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
hi bro

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really like the hunt system, flows good while waiting on ques.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ESO on the console is a pretty neat thing. They get their own fresh servers away from the PC release so its kinda going to in competition with Destiny as its the only other true console only MMO. Most likely this is only talking about console disk sales and not the online store or steam.

In all seriousness, the blocking of content behind the quest wall caused this. People want to be able to jump right into new content and not be cock blocked. Destiny also has this with the new expansions but its way way to a lesser degree. You have to have a decent light level(like ilvl) but you get all the drops to piecemeal yourself up the quest line without having to do fetch quests. You can do the raids at the lowest level and most likely get carried(i couldn't damage the final boss on 1-2 characters in the second dlc raid) but their raids are more like dungeons you don't get to use the party matchmaking.

Their biggest money would of come from people who wanted to play Dark Knight, then quit in like 2 weeks. I guess they don't want the easy money.

Mordiceius posted:

So do I and I love Triple Triad. It's probably one of my top favorite things in the game. However, tournaments continue to be a major loving sore spot for me.

I wonder how long it would take to make fourteen lvl 15s....

Less than 5 hours and you wouldn't even have to play them.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 30, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Robo Reagan posted:

To be fair the story is long if you watch every cutscene, but if you're catching up you can just skip everything and rewatch them at the inn when you feel like it. The patches worth of story content can be done in a 20 hours if you skip stuff.

Sounds about right.

Mordiceius posted:

Also, gently caress anyone who has the attitude "Other players should be forced to skip dungeon cutscenes since you can just watch them in the inn."

People kicking people for watching cutscenes is banable I believe. SE know how that The Praetorium was mistake mixing group content and movies because if anyone is new they don't get to take part of any of the last 5 boss fights. Actually ran that a few day ago talking about it in the group and we had a guy was new. A cutscene would happen then he could come out and the group was no where near him and he was now lost. I told him just watch the cutscenes and started counting how many bosses we could do before he got out of them. We finished the dungeon before he even moved.

On the other hand the Heavensward final dungeons are done quite brilliantly. The last dungeon doesnt drop any loot, so you would only want to do it for the almost guaranteed 120 law per run without doing damage required of the expert dungeons. Then they wrap it all up with a trial boss fight with a short intro before, and the cutscenes afterward.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 30, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Never really had a big problem keeping ecochain up if you keep it going and move when you need too. Losing time on ley lines is no different from having to move when raging strikes is up, Really don't think too much about it. Put it up, don't stand in the center. Stand on a side of you don't block the whole thing when you get targeted.

The only thing that messes up ecochain is expecting to keep it up on a boss you have never fought before. There's no way, I usually don't bother caring about keeping it up when I learn a fight because if I do I die.

You really shouldn't try to keep the buff up over a minute anyway because as the fight goes on the refresh gets worse and it really shortens your dps cycles. Letting it off when you can start again give you a moment to do a 2.0 rotation and get thunder up then start the ecochain fresh.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 30, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SirPhoebos posted:

:psyduck:

At least the cutscenes are skippable. Imagine if this was back in the early '00s

Instead of a dungeon he got an hour long movie to watch, haha. Everquest didn't even have movies to watch.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

vOv posted:

seeing it run out when you're .2 seconds away from casting B4 and getting a big ol' INTERRUPTED is just the worst feeling.

If you see you have less than 3 seconds left on ecochain, why are you bothering casting and not using swiftcast? The time limit is so easy to get around.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Really digging this damage meter, its just what the game was missing. I always hated being in the dark for performance.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ciaphas posted:

Which one is that, and is it accurate?

Its ACT with then rainbow mage overlay and I edited the html to show what really matters, damage. DPS matters some but not as much as damage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

sword_man.gif posted:

the best part about 1.0 is the 1.0 diehards

Good thing he didn't play ff9, because then he would of played the worst ff.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I miss taking 20 mins to build up tp to do a special move. And red mages that cut you off if you forget to say "ty".

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Who Dat posted:

Fixed that for you! :haw:

Seriously I love 9, I'm not sure why some people dislike it so much. :smith:

It was good in till you get to the end, and the bad guy who is actually vegeta tells you are goku who was sent to destroy the world as a child.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Chairman posted:

This is a perfect example of how terrible the XI combat design team was for the first few years: they gave Samurai a fairly high parry skill and an ability that'd let them ignore one physical attack every 30 seconds or so and figured that would make them sufficiently good tanks, while they gave Ninja a spell that'd let them ignore seven attacks every minute (in a system where enemies attacked once every 6-8 seconds) but expected them to be a support class with all their random debuff ninjutsu.

And they let warriors do pretty good damage, and they switched from tank to dps.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

What's the problem with that?

FF9 is legitimately my favorite FF of them all and objectively among the best. I will internet fight you over this.

Only thing good about ff9 was it was the last game to have a world map. I bet they gave up on the idea of a world map because of it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Good thing he died trying to save the immortal people who can resurrect forever.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Captain Oblivious posted:

On a similar note our ability to respawn is almost certainly not canon, just like canonically the Warrior of Light solos poo poo left and right.

This happens when you die. I wouldn't kill Odin I guess.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Thumbtacks posted:

this is a good thread

1-6,shift+1-6, ctrl+1-6. How is that even hard? I like to add q,e,r,t,f + shift versions.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

pandaK posted:

Here's a novel idea: how about a spellcaster that "invokes" special instant GCD 3-spell chains and depending on which spells you invoke you can then cast a completely new spell unique to that spell chain? Like let's say for example you can invoke Fire, Wind, and Water; invoking 3 Fires could send a flare down on the enemy, invoking 2 Wind and 1 Water lets you throw out a tornado which stuns enemies for a short bit, and invoking one of each shoots out a wave of pure magic that blasts your enemies, a deafening blast if you may.

Go play dota 2, you retard.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

KoB posted:

Why even have Fencer? This is why the job system is dumb. Its loving pointless.

They had this really sweet idea that no one in the world playing a final fantasy MMO wanted to be a warrior, black mage, white mage, summoner, dragoon, ninja, paladin, or every other max lvl class.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

While the implementation is cludgy I find evolving classes a p compelling carrot on a stick, and great for story.

The system is really good, IF there were more classes for the soul stones! But that doesn't work so well. What would the second puglist job do with fists?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 1, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I have to agree that red mage is already in the game. Every single weapon without a job soul is a red mage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Comedy on the horizon, But the "community" felt gated content was good!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Blockhouse posted:

complaining about gated content on a game this focused on story is like complaining that you can't skip to the end boss of a JRPG just because you grinded to 99 in the starting area

But you can! Its more of an MMO than a JRPG.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
LB summon is way more inline with being an actual summoner. Just imagine if summoners spells were all summons how op it would be! Ok, my opener is Ifirit and then I spam Ramuh with Shiva on procs. I use Leviathan for aoe pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

I don't want to play with someone who takes up drk with no prior game experience. They are just going to waste my time and quit in 2 weeks anyways.

Having to do the storyline they might pick up a thing or two along the way leveling a tank class they need abilities from anyways.

People only want to play dark knight and quit in two week anyway, they might as well let them in and get their money too.

Heavensward's quests don't change one bit from ARR quests. I was hoping for some new quest dynamic with all the new stuff. I just unlocked the second tier of the slyph dailies and they had a new carrying quest very much like in Monster Hunter. How could they not take that an give it a face lift for the expansion?

They could of easily made a solo duty of you like running from a dragon carrying an egg.

itskage posted:

making you get the currents before flying.

I really like the currents before flying, its like a mix of GW2 vistas and buying flying training.

• Locked thread