Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Tried to login but can't, anything happening today? Kind of troubling, that there'd be downtime this close to Heavensward launch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Even though I'm planning to play with a friend who didn't want to either stay up late or wake up early to play HW, I still can't sleep. :mad:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Immediately disconnected when I pressed start

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I need to login and see if keeping a menu open still keeps you from getting logged out while I take care of important things like pooping and cooking breakfast!

:argh: drat you Sqaure!!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

gently caress, why didn't I think to log out in wolves den

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lmao, amazon still hasn't sent out everyone's early access codes

like people have copies of the game registered on mogstation but they can't access EA

I mean it doesn't really matter for the majority of servers but still, lmao

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

staplegun posted:

Do you think the servers will calm down later today or should I just make every effort to not log off, lest I return to lobby hell? I haven't played through the 2.0 launch so I have no idea what to expect here.

press escape and open character config or another menu

congrats, you won't log out

the only worry is destroying your cpu and gpu, I guess.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Gishin posted:

Oops the game was just kidding error 2002.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Well, back to grinding Triple Triad in FF8

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Munion posted:

This is a song reference, right? I can't think of what song/band right now tho and it's driving me crazy.

smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrP-0EbreuE

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Huh, my install size is still too small to have actually downloaded Heavensward, and also the intro movie didn't change nor the splash screen.

Looks about right! I'm kinda glad I'm going away this weekend, everything is just as on fire as I expected.

You either didn't register your early access code or you opted out of Heavensward install

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grondoth posted:

I patched yesterday, before I had an early access code cause Amazon didn't send it yet. I bet that did it. I wonder how to undo that...

You have to do both patches. One is for base game and jobs and poo poo, the other is all of the actual expansion content like Ishgard, new cutscenes, music, etc. Just punch in your EA code and you're set, whenever the gently caress Amazon sends it, else wait til the 23rd. :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

fount of knowledge posted:

Some of y'all have been sitting here refreshing a page for an hour and 15 minutes straight.

sometimes, in my darkest moments, I shitpost

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Amazon :argh:

Are they sending out early access codes separately?

They realized they hosed up after assuring everyone that asked that they'd send them out. I'm glad I just got it elsewhere and am sitting with 40 bucks in Amazon credit instead, but if you're still sitting on a pre-order from them you're stuck in limbo as they've now charged your account and can no longer cancel and go elsewhere.

Apparently they're manually sending out EA codes now, so lol if you don't have your's yet. Never buy from Amazon for launch.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grondoth posted:

From what I can tell, either Yes and no one's gotten them yet or they have completely screwed up and given out only one key, thinking it would work for both but it hasn't for anyone. Either way you'll be waiting.

The early access codes only went out to people who ordered physical copies, and they're in Extreme Damage Control over the digital ones after realizing they hosed up. Considering every time I asked the past few days they just told me to "go get your ea code from square" in more or less words, I happily obliged and cancelled my order.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

There's a call for DPS. Bust out those underleveled blms and drg and machinists for the next few days boys :shepface:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

fadam posted:

Are you sure about that? I remember FATEs contributing way more, but I guess that was with Armory Buff.

Either way it's a waste of time. You can skip story cutscenes and get ~50k every 5-10 minutes, or you can do a Templeleve and get ~60k slightly slower.

if you are skipping the majority of the content to make a number go from 50-60 the most efficient method is to uninstall ff14 and just open the windows calculator

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

fadam posted:

Because I like killing monsters and raiding with my friends?

fadam posted:

FATEs [are] a waste of time.

ok, then

at least you'll have plenty of raiding to do after you blast through the storyline...................... oh

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I approve of all roegadames

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Soo, BLM got nerfed? How exactly?

Smn got buffed; Flare has a diminishing return on AOE now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Azubah posted:

Am I reading this right that Undersized Party will allow us to kinda cheese Coil and the EX Primals?

Yeah, but no gear drops.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Axle_Stukov posted:

No Treasure Coffers still spawn. What won't drop is anything from the trash mobs, and presumably the crafting mats that can drop from primals/coil bosses.

Oh awesome. Does that mean ponies are farmable?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

(Igual Mente) one sec please
(Minera Radisky) more like uno moMENTE am i right

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

High Level Roulette seems to be 10% of a level. Probably worth doing with armory bonus for future characters, not so much right now for leveling. :v:

The plus side is, you can queue with a partial group for it! Which means insta-queues with a tank or healer friend, if you're dps! (now please add this to lldr yoshi)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Also I've been holding off gushing but drat, this expansion really nails the idea of telling a story and delivering a compelling single player experience compared to ARR. The latter patches did a much better job of it, but so far all the single player instances, class quests, and storylines have been great. Even my friend who could barely stand leveling 1-50 in ARR is really digging what HW is doing so far.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Screw all your anime lizard girls or whatever.

I'm a loving lion.

Squall, is that you?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

God it is so hard to resist the sirens call of AST's throwing buffs at everyone gameplay

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minor gripe: Did making an inventory change (say, selling an item) always close context menus? Because it's making selling items in bulk really annoying, and mass equipping gear to update a gear set for another class is occasionally annoying too if you're fast about it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Reoxygenation posted:

So how are you meant to level alt classes past 50 without quests, do we just FATE train around? I'm thinking about it and while 1-50 is meh levels of fun, its doable easily, 51-60 doesn't sound fun in the least, even with all the dailies done.

Hunt Dailies will be ~100k exp a day, more if armory bonus applies.
Leves will still exist as ever. I haven't tried the new Super Leves that take 10 things, maybe they're good?
LLDR and HLDR will both be available. HLDR doesn't give mob exp but does give 10% of a level without armory bonus for completing it. HLDR even has the benefit of group queueing available! LLDR will ~probably~ give both mob exp and the 10% completion bonus as well, but I haven't actually tried it.
Dungeons themselves give a lot of exp, as ever. Dusk Vigil was around 250k when I did it with rested exp.

Beastmen dailies will also be available in the future.

It remains to be seen how good leveling will be, but at least flying mounts will cut down a lot of tedium of FATE groups: Moving from FATE to FATE.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

If they can keep the VAs consistent going forward, I'm all for the change. I have a feeling the original cast was done on a budget, and with the success of ARR they probably went with a higher quality (and thus more expensive) cast for HW.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

WHM dps is pretty good. Stone III is level 54, not 56.

Speaking of, there's no way to macro it and stone II together for level syncing, is there? I don't wanna devote two keybinds to them since stone III obsoletes stone II when available

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

People seem to universally dislike a lot of the new abilities or class mechanics.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Don't apologize to me, Assize and Asylum rule, WHM rules.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

bonewitch posted:

The problem for me isn't so much the lack of mobility, its the fact that everything pre-52 is about sliding in off-gcd's between your attacks. With minuet you're still expected to do that, except now you can at best, fit a single o-GCD in without clipping your GCD. It's just a huge pain in the rear end, and not fun at all; not to mention the bugs and latency issues it brings in.

good news: at level 60 it's parsing as maybe a 20-30 dps increase. which mean that instantly goes out the window and WM isn't worth using if you have to move in a fight to stop a single cast.

WM being bad is further helped by the fact that Sidewinder can be used without WM, apparently.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ActionZero posted:

Is there any point to using Ruin 3 right now? 40 more potency than Ruin for 6 times the cost. I know Dreadwyrm Trance is going to lower the MP cost a ton but right now I've got a cool looking spell that would run me dry of mp so fast. Guess for solo fights in the field I can use it cause fights aren't long and I can regen between them but for boss fights it seems like a trap.

congrats you answered your own question

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Renegret posted:

I'd like to apologize in advance to all healers.

When I drop Ley Lines and an AoE immediately appears on me...I'm going to roll the dice that I can survive that hit. You understand, don't you?

(It's only going to get worse once I get Enochian)

No worries, I'd still just call the tank an idiot.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

I guess we'll get to see how good Yoshi and his team are at balancing now, because this poo poo with classes happens with literally every major MMO expansion/update ever. It took like 3 expansions for Blizzard to make Paladins not poo poo and then they ended up loving them up again anyway.

We already saw, and they did a pretty good job with ARR.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

Friends have asked me why I am bothering with roulette for post-50 leveling. Here's some rough numbers in case other people aren't aware!

High Level roulette is worth about 13.5% of a level.
Main Story roulette is about 13.5%.
Low Level roulette is about 18.5% and gives kill exp*.
Trial roulette is about 7%.
Guildhest roulette is about 3% and gives kill exp*.

I don't think Trial roulette is particularly worth it because you can spend half an hour wiping in Chrysalis or whatever. Guildhests take like, five minutes tops. So basically about half a level a day if all you do is run roulettes.

*this isn't super significant but it's still a non-zero number.

That's without armory bonus, right?

I'll probably end up leveling one or two things through High Level roullette just to finish that awesome magitek armor collection for glamours.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the dark souls dungeon at 57 is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Odd Lot posted:

Man, hearing that Machinist is falling short in DPS is kinda bumming me out. I'd be fine playing a slightly substandard class for the style, but not if it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Does anyone have any parses, or anything like that? I'm curious how much I'd be losing by switching from my monk.

Most parses are incorrectly reading their dot and wildfire. And the figures given using said parses are ranging from as "bad" as being 10% below other dps to outrageous claims of doing 30% of the damage of a real dps.

If they are bad they'll get buffed, if they aren't who cares. Either way it only matters for progression raiding.

• Locked thread