Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Belzac posted:

Hello friends, do you guys know if Fracture is a good skill to use?

Only if this is a good thread to troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yay I'm back from a month long business trip and can play the game again just in time for early access for my preorder! Only... I can't, I got the code, went to enter it and for some reason its a steam account despite never buying the game through steam? So the code they gave me doesn't work and apparently I couldn't purchase it through steam either since I never paid for it through steam. Is support seriously not open again until monday? I fly out again tuesday so I'm guessing I just wasted money.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The pre order code is 5 groups of 4, activation code is grouped like 6-3-6-3. I cannot purchase the expansion on steam because I do not have the base game on steam despite mogstation apparently thinking I have a steam account so I'm not really sure what to do.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I have a 20 digit key from: https://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/na mogstation says its invalid.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think so, in which case it must be this issue: http://sqex.to/ys9

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

For the next 34 minutes. And they've been averaging a 90minute wait all day.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

This exact same thing happened to me and I just went ahead and bought the game again (on Steam, this time) since it's basically $5 when you factor in the free month it comes with

However assuming you want access to your existing characters and/or to not waste $5, you should probably go straight to phone support. I submitted a ticket and they took three days to get back to me with an automated message saying "you need to call us," so you might as well skip that time and go right to being on hold

They should be able to do all that in chat.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

Was 1 in queue and then boom~

Waited like two hours. Thanks Square :^)

gently caress it i might as well just make a new account, should work with my client.

I had the same thing happen to me earlier today. Went back in queue and eventually got my steam key at least.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Velveteen posted:

This game looks really nice and everything but now and then you see some really questionable fashion sense. Like Yda those pants are really terrible! Then you do a quest and get this as a reward.

This is a silly hat, who made such a silly hat. There are even ear pockets for your ears.

So far the class quests have been quite enjoyable. I'm really liking the arcanist guild, especially with all the quirky people in it. The guildmaster sending you around to dance at boxes and other people. I haven't tried any other classes yet though so I'll have to see how they end up like.

Its a dunce cap and you fell into the trap.

I think Minfilia has the stupidest outfit in the game.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

I don't care what all y'all say.
I miss the scions. I hope they're OK.

Hydaelyn speaks to me! She says I'm useless and should sacrifice myself so you can go ahead!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

Real answer: Read the OP, there's over 1000 goons regularly playing on Excalibur.

No, yesterday there were 240-250 online in PBC and there's just over 500 in the FC! That's less than 50% online! Game is dying.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That suspicious activity email happens every time you login from a new location. If you haven't changed locations you may have gotten an IP address that's not geolocated correctly.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mazed posted:

I choose to hope that our ability to resurrect at an aetheryte is addressed as canon at some point, and it's used as fuel to poo poo on the Ascians as the unspecial jobbers that they are (especially Lahabrea who will always be a scrub)

I guess we'll find out if Minfilia comes running back up at some point saying "I completely forgot my return aetheryte was back in Othard!"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

petcarcharodon posted:

You mean they aren't?

No, they're a healer class that hits people with books.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I am deeply disappointed that he didn't register that website.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I think he meant he didn't register slipperlobster

Yeah.

The main problem with that macro is that it'd cause a wipe.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

For Bismarck surely hitting foe's is worth bringing one BRD.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

When I was leveling SCH in super low dungeons I'd tell the party I was gonna AFK outside of bossfights and if that'd be a problem to just tell me not to. Most of the time they said it was fine and they would usually just <se.11> me or whatever if I was needed. :v:

But you missed out on a faster dungeon run with 3 dps instead of 2!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also while you guys have been helpful here (and I greatly appreciate it!) the actual FC chat is almost like barrens chat sometimes.

<insert 20 PRAY RETURN macros here>

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think it's macro days that end in y.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ActionZero posted:

:suicide:

Votekick this person from the game.

Nah they're definitely situational. I mean you can only use them in the situation where you have aetherflow up! :v:

:suicide:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mightygerm posted:

Its possible that they aren't using optimized rotations for the other dps they are comparing them to. The cited reason for ninja being OP at release was that their inhouse rotations weren't as good as the ones the players came up with.

Its also possible that the turret's behavior on the live server is different from the dev server. SMN pet potency seem to be buggy as well according to reddit. Except in the SMN case any potential missing DPS would bring the class from "good" to "lol why did you bring a BLM"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I agree on one thing with the second guy; some "savage mode" dungeons above the current hard mode difficulty would be pretty neat. However I really wouldn't want to dungeon finder them so it doesn't seem like it'd be a good fit for the current game design.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

X Factor posted:

I suppose installing from Steam was a mistake. When I get to the launcher, it keeps saying Heavensward needs to be installed, yet I'm fairly sure Steam already did that. Any thoughts?

You need to do updates through the actual FFXIV launcher, steam won't actually keep it up to date.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

did somebody say macros

Ah yes, the one person in the game that didn't think SCH was anime enough.

Besides, communicating with your pet via sentences like that is too slow for what is depicted in game. You must be using magic, hand signals or very short words to communicate!
:goonsay:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

yeah but he said the hint is in something he said earlier, which means that mystery airship, which looks a lot like the FFIV remake version of the Lunar Whale

I look forward to the futurama macros.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FATES are always practical. There's also leves. Either way, go to Coerthas central highlands.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KaneTW posted:

when was that again

Run up to Leviathan. It's a quest before the how souls work PowerPoint iirc.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He must be looking forward to find the missing Ixal quests.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dr. John Zoidberg posted:

For the tech people: I'm looking to upgrade my PC, since I've had to lower my graphics settings since heavensward came out. Which part is holding back my performance more: My Sandy Bridge core i5 CPU, or my Radeon 6970 graphics card? Right now I only have enough in the budget for one upgrade.

Normally I would default to just upgrading the graphics card, but since I've heard that this is a cpu intensive game, I'm not sure.

Heres a potentially useful chart for graphics at least. Its CPU intensive, but that Sandy Bridge i5 should still be fine for the game. How much VRAM do you have?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Single digit queues to get into excalibur on a saturday night. Game is dead :rip:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:perfect:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Touchfuzzy posted:

Extreme Role Play.

It's like normal role play, but involves fire and guitar solos. You have to complete Hard Role Play sessions to even start them.

Just trust me, you really don't want to try savage role play.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

seiferguy posted:

For arcanist, your allocations go towards ACN, and not SMN or SCH, right? Meaning you can't have a SMN with high INT then switch to SCH with high MND.

Correct, but the number of points isn't all that many. If you play more SMN you go intelligence and get every so slightly more damage in cleric stance when playing SCH. If you main a SCH then mind of course. Its only a couple hundred seals for the GC item that lets you reset them IIRC so its no big deal.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

What about macros extolling the virtues of fracture?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That is way too hard for pubbies you know that.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm not sure what to think about this until Belzac weighs in.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

But then there's less of a chance for HQ!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

Faust is just Striking Dummy Extreme, the hard part is getting together 8 people who have geared up and know their basic rotation and that's pretty much it.

When can we get a savage striking dummy at the PBC house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think I saw some people claim you can survive faust enrage with cooldown usage but I have no idea how that's even possible since he'll still hit you for like 18k with full CDs and also kill you through tank invuln.

Also enjoying my DRK priv by making the tank buster on Oppressor Savage barely hurt with dark mind.

So does "most attacks" on living dead and holmgang mean "everything but hard enrages"?

• Locked thread