Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
wonder if we'll see DPS in need for LLDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

my catgirl is ready

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Counterpoint: you have merely hours left to pre-order the game and get your pre-order bonuses, if that strikes your fancy.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Also, I find it incredible how many people have pretty much "finished Heavensward" at this point. As in, class to 60, all quests done, all dungeons done. Geared to the teeth already.

I'm not trying to poo poo on those people, but I think I'm glad that I've been taking things a bit slower. I played hard the first couple days just to get my AST up to 50, but I'm barely into the main quests. I'm level 51, close to 52 and all I've done are the initial questlines in Coerthas Western and Sea of Clouds as well as the Elf Pope meeting after. I feel like I still have so much ahead of me.

I just don't understand those that race to the cap, skip all cutscenes and burn through everything in less than a week and then in another couple weeks are just going to sit around and complain that there's nothing to do,

I've been a big fan of just playing a couple hours a day, taking it casual and just being a slowpoke sightseer. Plus, it allows me to play other games (Like finishing Witcher 3).

I took a week off for Heavensward, going back to work tomorrow and I finished the story this morning and I'm in the process of unlocking the 60 dungeons. For the most part, I did it purely to avoid spoilers, since I'm unironically caremad about the story. Now that it's done I'm going to chill and take some time away from the game since we aren't getting any more content for a week and a half. I had a lot of fun, and progressing at the same rate as your friends is fun. FWIW, I also didn't touch any of the new jobs yet.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There are extremes, like when I saw DRK60s running around on Saturday night I was just like "jesus christ" because that is literally insane levels of sitting in front of the computer all day. But as we started to come into the beginning of the week I'd say that was fairly normal completion times for someone on an old job.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I hope the next job is some kind of gunblade job that switches stances between being melee and ranged

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I present this as my parting gift to Excalibur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlOM-FzIXc

highlights include a record number of meteors for vanilla t9 at 8:09

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Obligatum VII posted:

I think DRK is most of the way there to being a good tank. They've got a niche in "absolutely bonkers emnity generation", though I'm not sure how valuable that is. Msybe if there were some fights that forced emnity management as an issue? Or they got some skills that let them 'spend' emnity to do stuff.

I think the idea behind this is to enable you to turn grit off for periods of time, unfortunately it's on the GCD and is required to not loving die in bleeding edge content so it's not realistic.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

It does not matter.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Truga posted:

I have keybinds for the pet bar itself because I play almost exclusively SCH, and hitting a non-embrace Selene/Eos skill once always causes it to be used. It can often take up to a couple of seconds before she uses it, but she always does. The same is probably also true for pet skills dragged to a hotbar.

It's a massive pain to do them back-to-back though. When you're trying to get both the 2nd and 3rd eos skills off in preperation for huge raidwide damage and she decides to insert an embrace between them it'd maddening.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

seorin posted:

Someone in my FC who was in the same situation claimed they didn't get exp post-50 until buying the expansion, but I was never in that situation myself so v:shobon:v

Even if you miss out, it's not really enough exp to get worked up over. It's not even enough to get you to 52. By the time you're 59 that amount of exp won't even be half a level, so it's about one day's worth of LLDR and mark bills. That said, free exp is free exp, so if you're going to buy it anyway you might as well do it as soon as you hit 50.

This is assuming you just turbo through the story content and nothing else. If you do your daily roulettes while doing your post-50 stuff you can end up a lot higher.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I just resubbed, and I have an Atma weapon. From here is it quicker to do the nerfed zeta grind or just start the animus from scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

If you can't run it with goons for whatever reason, the next best option is to do it twice. First time, watch all the cutscenes, and second time skip them to see the fights. Doing it the other way around is kinda confusing and you'll quickly lose track of the plot.

• Locked thread