Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Can't wait to level all my classes to 50 faster. :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So a friend of mine, who recently bought the game, is already at level 50 with Dragoon and still hasn't finished the ARR storyline. When I asked him why, he said that he's just going to wait until he buys Heavensward so he can just be level 56 or so (his words) by the time he starts the expansion. I keep telling him that he would be better off just doing the questline now so he doesn't have to wait, but he's being pretty stubborn about it. Is there anything I can say to convince him to at least finish the ARR storyline?

I mentioned the Hildebrand questlines, but he just said "I've already unlocked all the game mechanics I care about, I don't want to waste the EXP" like it was a junkie. It's weird b/c he's super-interested in the overall story but just straight-up refuses to touch anything until he can afford Heavensward. Admittedly he's leveling other classes with the 100% exp bonus in the meantime, but still.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

your dumb friend is going to get like 1 level from all of 2.1-2.55

That's what I thought but he kept going on and on about "Oh but I researched it!"

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I did the last set of 2.55 quests before starting Heavensward. I got ~4000 exp per quest, and it's 800k to go from 50 to 51. He might not even make it all the way to 51 before Steps of Faith.

I told him all this and he got in a huff about not wanting to do Castrum and Prae and having a group skip all the boss fights while he was in a cutscene, which admittedly has happened to two of our friends so far. Apparently cutscenes in a dungeon also "go against [his] ideal of a dungeon" :psyduck: He's the only one that's like this, of the Marlboro group I mentioned awhile back in the previous thread.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Malloreon posted:

I did this Friday and Saturday. I got about 700K XP from 2.1-2.55 in its entirety.

I'll tell him this as well. Hopefully he changes his mind and doesn't find a lovely group that wants to rush Castrum and Prae.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

ActionZero posted:

Tell him the exp won't go to waste cause you don't need to have Heavensward to level past 50.

That's what I'm saying: He refuses to progress on the 2.0 storyline (he's around the level 46 quests IIRC) before buying Heavensward, and he already has a level 50 character.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

ActionZero posted:

Wait what? You said he doesn't want to waste the exp and that's why he's not levelling, but he would get the exp and be able to level to 51 even before he gets heavensward.

Let me clarify then: He doesn't have Heavensward, but does have a level 50. However, he doesn't want to do any of the 2.1-2.55 stuff because he thinks it'll give him an advantage once he gets Heavensward, even if that means putting off Castrum and Prae.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

ActionZero posted:

Your friend is not only wrong but literally doesn't make any sense.

And that's why I posted here. :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Quick question, sorry if it was addressed within the last few pages but does buying Heavensward come with a month of subscription time? I'm getting back into FF14 once I'm done with law finals and some friends who only played ARR were considering hopping back in as well.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So I tried logging back into my account after a few months, and realized I had deleted the security token app from my phone. When I went to log back in, it required a registration password from the Account Management page. So, of course, I went there and realized I had forgotten my password, and asked for a reset. I take the link...and that requires a one-time password.

Am I just screwed? I was going to call customer support at some point to work it out, but if there are any alternatives I should go with first?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

zolthorg posted:

I'm in DGKK and actively trying to talk to the freecompany about story quests as they come by and not really getting anyone to engage with. Is TPT more active with people who are working on content? also where even is it if I wanted to switch over, I only knew how to remember 9/11 for DGKK

What timezone do you play in? I'm usually willing to help with story stuff, and if you're just at Leviathan I'd be more than willing to help.

I'm Garmr, btw. :buddy:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Anyone else getting a weird 'Unable to complete version check' error? I'm assuming it has something to do with the patch.

VVV Thought as much, but it's nice to confirm it. Thanks!

bhsman fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 7, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I probably skipped over the answer to this question, but is there any chance of 4.0 being announced during TGS?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

homeless snail posted:

It'll happen at fanfest probably, not even Japanese people care about TGS anymore.

ilifinicus posted:

not going to happen, they have separate ffxiv-specific events this is gonna happen (fanfests)

So not until October? :( Oh well, I appreciate the blazingly-fast reply. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Make sure you're not working on another GC when you go to buy your apartment, the game apparently can't tell what your other accomplishments are and I had to run back to Maelstrom command and drop an additional 50k just to change recruitment (for fifteen days, too) and then head back to Mist.

Fuuuuuuuuck that was annoying, especially after getting up early for a room.

• Locked thread