Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kojei
Feb 12, 2008

X Factor posted:

Finally made it onto Excalibur and got up to level 10 in the past two days. Any tips for a rookie arcanist?

use topaz carbuncle in dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

No, use emerald for the knockback.

that's a fair point

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

help me torture a stranger in our lovely religious fundamentalist theocracy for a pittance in coins and four bombs worth of xp

:911:

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Dukka posted:

as random pubbie ~mao zedong~ once said if a duty finder ifrit extreme, "watch a loving video"

alternatively, don't

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I'm almost looking forward to leveling WHM at some point after I tire of MNK, just so I can see how hard the healer check really is--it just hasn't SEEMED that hard from a DPS perspective, but then I usually don't fall victim to the mechanics (anymore :v:)

it's not

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

I have a good idea, let's let our own fears and insecurities blind us to what anyone is actually saying and scream at each other over the imagined slights that are simply not present in a statement like "maybe it would be good if DPS had some in-game indication as to whether they are meeting the minimum standard performance level for the content they are doing" for like, 30 more goddamned pages.

{Same}.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
hey guys, i think gauss barrel is pretty neat. aight, peace

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Divine Veil isn't a spell. It isn't cast. It's an ability. It's 10% of the healer's HP.

yeah sorry you're wrong

edit: gauss barrel: "Equips your current firearm with a gauss barrel, increasing damage dealt by 30%. While barrel is equipped, auto-attack will stop and all weaponskills will require casting time."

weaponskills with casting time?! what is this sorcery

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Truga posted:

Anyone else unable to bind F13-F24 in this game? I submitted a bug report, but I figure I'd ask just in case I'm doing something wrong.

I doubt the game supports more than the standard key set

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ghostinmyshell posted:

These are really cool has anyone seen dps/heal versions?

http://i.imgur.com/smNx1ZX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PEnLMF9.jpg

DPS version: do your rotation, use your ogcds on cooldown.
Heal version: make hp bars go up. if hp bars are already up, make red hp bars go down.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Belzac posted:

No, the EN team made the mistake. They changed the name of a monster cause it was too close to Titan and ask the JP team if that was ok. Then months later the JP team used the name they changed to for another monster. The correct thing would have been to translate the name correctly even if it was close to Titan. Now we have a completely made up name that isn't a reference to FF at all.

what's your opinion on subs vs dubs, and the usage of honorifics

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Belzac posted:

Shut the gently caress up

this except directed at you

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
just do them, drat

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
should i go vit or str for my crafting classes

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Leal posted:

Should I throw balance on the DPS or on the tank to maximize his DPS and to better take advantage of his str accessories?

the impression i'm getting is that you should put it on yourself because it's literally just you that matters in parties

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Freaksaus posted:

Wait, does this mean I still have to tp to Idlyshire and then to the Hinterlands? Why not just add an aetheryte in the Hinterlands itself?

The only reason this is an issue for me is because it takes quite a while for my pc to load Idlyshire. Maybe it's just time to upgrade my pc.

get an ssd

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
live chat

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
i'm more curious how he managed to get the wrath stacks for five inner beasts

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
I mean, I guess. I was just assuming with that poo poo ability distribution that he'd not even have infuriate on his bar

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

maim, butcher's block, and skull sunder all generate wrath

no poo poo, sherlock

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Spaceman Future! posted:

since we're doing numbers chat, for Bard does wanderers actually provide an overall increase?

YES.

also your gcd is identical with/without WM, so you'll be waiting "a billion years" either way

kojei fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 23, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Verranicus posted:

At the risk of scaring people away from Balmung even further, I discovered something truly horrible today. There was someone advertising that they were willing to sell their housing plot in the party finder, and upon checking their search info, I found that they were an RPer like much of the server but, well.. also this. :nws::nms: http://tinyurl.com/magidysea :nws::nms:

they helpfully provide definitions of that veritable encyclopedia of fetishes if you hover over them, too. who knew today was gonna be a learning kinda day

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I am leveling MCH on the side currently because I find the class fun, even if it is not the best DPS. However, at least in the 30s, I have been having the problem of running out of TP in long fights. Am I doing something wrong? I refresh hot shot and lead shot when appropriate, and use rapid fire when it is up.

My highest level job is WAR, where if you are running out of TP then you are doing something very wrong, so I don't know if this is normal for physical DPS classes.

quick reload also invigorate

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

that's going on my fave list

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

armoredgorilla posted:

Featherfoot doesn't work on bosses, only trash IIRC.

Awareness is better even if its situational because it will work.

it barely even works on trash. featherfoot is a garbage ability

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Touchfuzzy posted:

If by that, you mean "if I wanted cast times attached to my skills, I would be a loving BLM" then I don't get it because you can turn Minuet off?

Only if you want to be excruciatingly bad.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
jfc they've all been sent out

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
he's right about awareness though

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Athenry posted:

Still waiting on that dancer's outfit they teased before HW's launch.

??? you mean the one that's in game right now and has been since HW?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Richard M Nixon posted:

I recently installed Win10 and FF14 was crashing saying I didn't have a valid directx version. I'm assuming it doesn't recognize dx12.

I downloaded the DirextX update from MS support and I saw it installing a bunch of dx9 poo poo. Now when I play, I swear the graphics are shittier than before, but

I'm not sure if now I'm just looking really closely for issues. I see water and surface reflections and smoke effects which I'm pretty sure dx9 didn't do, but some textures look like hot rear end.

Here's a screenshot from one of the last 2.55 MSQs I just took. Does this look like DX11? That chair...

the launcher tells you if you're using dx11. if it doesn't say anything on the start button, you're using dx9, go switch it to dx11.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

I just bought Heavensward despite being a kickass level 25 lancer because I had some leftover Amazon fun bucks in another country, is there anything I can do with Heavensward now/before 50?

turn into a dragongirl

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

Sure, if you're a loving horrible WAR with absolutely no sense of introspection or ability to play WAR beyond level 10.

:ironicat:

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

El Cid posted:

Do you? I've been playing since 2.0 and I'm fairly certain I've never done Aurum Vale. I know I still run by the (what I assume) quest to unlock it near the Waking Sands sometimes and laugh.

you used to (still are?) also be able to unlock it via grand company.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

No bot can do a dungeon. The only bots are in a group of 4 blm teleporting above bosses insta casting flare.

man you're wrong about just about everything ffxiv related, aren't you

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Anderron Shi posted:

Cross-platform questions:

I've had a steam copy as well as a ps4 copy of ARR for about a year and a half. I just resubbed, and bought heavensward on ps4. I got to heavensward content and am now level 54 and logged off in cloudtop.

What will happen if I log into my steam copy, which I don't have heavensward for???

Will I be taken back to level 50 lol?

Will I be warped back to an ARR zone?

What about my heavensward gear that I have equipped?

You can't log in.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Anderron Shi posted:

lolololol

edit: until i purchase my second copy of heavensward for the same account, on which i own two licenses to the original game already anyway, right?

Obviously

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Anderron Shi posted:

I just want to play arr

If you just want to play arr, then remember to log out in arr areas, on an arr job, as an arr race.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Actually you can still be an Au Ra if you made it in Heavensward and log into ARR content.

I speak from experience doing that before I got it for PS4.

Good to know

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
No, actually, I'm sorry for your mindblowinbly thin skin that couldn't handle receiving a straightforward answer. Had I known that you suffered from that particular condition I would have softened the blow, possibly with gratuitous compliments et cetera so as to not offend your sensibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

:yikes:

So, uh, where can I get sunglasses to complete my summer look?

Goldsmiths, market board

• Locked thread