Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Eej posted:

You can hit like level 54 by doing the 2.0-2.55 story which lets you skip a ton of sidequesting in Heavensward.

54 is pushing it. I did all of post-Castrum MSQ and dungeons to the HEAVENSWARD screen reveal and got to 51.5 as PLD.

I didn't do any sidequests like Hildibrand or anything else but I'd be surprised if they gave off 2.5 levels.

Also, 51-60 I did a total of <10 sidequests with my first character. Just did the story, duty roulettes, and each even-leveled dungeon 4-5 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

cheetah7071 posted:

Korean-version exclusive outfits.

I am mad about this.

Do we know if it's an actual exclusive forever or something they plan to release at a later date? Lots of games these days will have exclusive content for country-specific launches but they're not always permanent, just usually to celebrate the launch and/or as a gift.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Why is the Korean version completely separate from the rest anyways?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Dr Pepper posted:

Korea has a really weird MMO culture compared to the rest of the world that heavily involves PC Bang (internet cafes, sorta). It wouldn't shock me if they had a pay-by-the-hour model on top of traditional subscription models, and that's a good reason to keep things seperate.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Niton posted:

Korea has a really weird MMO culture compared to the rest of the world that heavily involves PC Bang (internet cafes, sorta). It wouldn't shock me if they had a pay-by-the-hour model on top of traditional subscription models, and that's a good reason to keep things seperate.

Alternatively, it'll be f2p with a massive cash shop and horrible rng on all high end crafting.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Argas posted:

Do we know if it's an actual exclusive forever or something they plan to release at a later date? Lots of games these days will have exclusive content for country-specific launches but they're not always permanent, just usually to celebrate the launch and/or as a gift.

Assuming not, because the China panda hasn't showed up in the Mogstation yet.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Alternatively, it'll be f2p with a massive cash shop and horrible rng on all high end crafting.

I looked it up - apparently it's just straight Subscription model, which is really surprising for that region of the world. I guess they wanted to give them the part of the game they had finished localizing, while working to bring it up to speed? Maybe also some KSSN / gameplay restrictions thing, since that's a thing in South Korea as well.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
you also probably need a kssn to make a korean ffxiv account because that's just how they roll with everything

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dr Pepper posted:

korea and japan hate each other and they dont want to mix at all

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Cross-platform questions:

I've had a steam copy as well as a ps4 copy of ARR for about a year and a half. I just resubbed, and bought heavensward on ps4. I got to heavensward content and am now level 54 and logged off in cloudtop.

What will happen if I log into my steam copy, which I don't have heavensward for???

Will I be taken back to level 50 lol?

Will I be warped back to an ARR zone?

What about my heavensward gear that I have equipped?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Anderron Shi posted:

Cross-platform questions:

I've had a steam copy as well as a ps4 copy of ARR for about a year and a half. I just resubbed, and bought heavensward on ps4. I got to heavensward content and am now level 54 and logged off in cloudtop.

What will happen if I log into my steam copy, which I don't have heavensward for???

Will I be taken back to level 50 lol?

Will I be warped back to an ARR zone?

What about my heavensward gear that I have equipped?

You can't log in.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

kharaa posted:

You can't log in.

lolololol

edit: until i purchase my second copy of heavensward for the same account, on which i own two licenses to the original game already anyway, right?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Until you purchase the software you're going to be using, yes.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Anderron Shi posted:

lolololol

edit: until i purchase my second copy of heavensward for the same account, on which i own two licenses to the original game already anyway, right?

Obviously

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

I just want to play arr

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

kharaa posted:

Obviously

ok cool thanks man

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Anderron Shi posted:

I just want to play arr

If you just want to play arr, then remember to log out in arr areas, on an arr job, as an arr race.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

kharaa posted:

If you just want to play arr, then remember to log out in arr areas, on an arr job, as an arr race.

Actually you can still be an Au Ra if you made it in Heavensward and log into ARR content.

I speak from experience doing that before I got it for PS4.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Actually you can still be an Au Ra if you made it in Heavensward and log into ARR content.

I speak from experience doing that before I got it for PS4.

Good to know

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I'm sorry to have offended you kharaa and nipponophile i forgot you guys worked for se

they have a really intuitive system in place for this stuff

they had a lot of business taking this game cross platform

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
No, actually, I'm sorry for your mindblowinbly thin skin that couldn't handle receiving a straightforward answer. Had I known that you suffered from that particular condition I would have softened the blow, possibly with gratuitous compliments et cetera so as to not offend your sensibilities.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:yikes:

So, uh, where can I get sunglasses to complete my summer look?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

:yikes:

So, uh, where can I get sunglasses to complete my summer look?

Goldsmiths, market board

KoB
May 1, 2009

Anderron Shi posted:

I'm sorry to have offended you kharaa and nipponophile i forgot you guys worked for se

they have a really intuitive system in place for this stuff

they had a lot of business taking this game cross platform

Just because we know how it works doesnt mean we think its handled well.

Thats the way it is and theres not much we can do for you, sorry buddy.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

It is really dumb.

Sorry to offend you a second time kharaa.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Anderron Shi posted:

It is really dumb.

Sorry to offend you a second time kharaa.

Again, we agree.

We told you its dumb and then you got all mad at us I guess? Or you think we're mad at you? I dont know.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

KoB posted:

Again, we agree.

We told you its dumb and then you got all mad at us I guess? Or you think we're mad at you? I dont know.

lol who are you?

i was talking about things such as:

kharaa posted:

No, actually, I'm sorry for your mindblowinbly thin skin that couldn't handle receiving a straightforward answer. Had I known that you suffered from that particular condition I would have softened the blow, possibly with gratuitous compliments et cetera so as to not offend your sensibilities.

kharaa posted:

Obviously

Nipponophile posted:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Eej posted:

You can hit like level 54 by doing the 2.0-2.55 story which lets you skip a ton of sidequesting in Heavensward.

My second account I'm botting on did from Tam Tam-2.55 and got to lvl 53. Your comment is bullshit unless you take a week and do your roulettes.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

So uh, is the FC on Cactuar alive? Is it a fun place to be?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Of course you're botting.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Volt Catfish posted:

Tam Tara Hard is the best dungeon in this game and everything about it is perfect

Same

I had it come up in hldr last week and it was the tank's first time. Everyone stopped to read the journals and the tank was all 'JESUS CHRIST :stare: ' after that last cutscene.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

cheetah7071 posted:

Of course you're botting.

Gotta use these extras accounts from the RAF mount somehow.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I understand why people would want to bot.

I just don't understand why they bot in dungeons. that seems like a recipe for getting caught, cause a) each dungeon has different pulls/setup/bosses/etc, and b) cause there's 4-8 players in a dungeon, so b1) your contribution matters more and b2) everyone's paying attention to what everyone's doing and b3) people are often chatting

seems like if you botted fate grinding you'd do waaay better. then again I don't understand people who level everything using fates.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tenzarin posted:

My second account I'm botting on did from Tam Tam-2.55 and got to lvl 53. Your comment is bullshit unless you take a week and do your roulettes.

My friend who started after HW ended up at 54 when he actually unlocked HW but that could also be due to doing roulettes and the power of Heat of Battle II.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

gently caress you too game

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Malloreon posted:

I understand why people would want to bot.

I just don't understand why they bot in dungeons. that seems like a recipe for getting caught, cause a) each dungeon has different pulls/setup/bosses/etc, and b) cause there's 4-8 players in a dungeon, so b1) your contribution matters more and b2) everyone's paying attention to what everyone's doing and b3) people are often chatting

seems like if you botted fate grinding you'd do waaay better. then again I don't understand people who level everything using fates.

You can not bot in dungeons. You guys really hate on the console players. Look for 4 blm right by the crystal in uldah with the most random names. Those people are botting dungeons.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Is there a goon linkshell on balmung? I play with a bunch of friends and have no desire to transfer but some goons to shoot the breeze with would be nice.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tenzarin posted:

You can not bot in dungeons. You guys really hate on the console players. Look for 4 blm right by the crystal in uldah with the most random names. Those people are botting dungeons.

I have definitely seen literal actual bots in dungeons. A summoner in darkhold who followed the tank, cast ruin, and did nothing else. It never rolled on loot and also couldn't figure out how to get to the second section of the dungeon (since that requires interaction).

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i had a healer who i assumed was a bot in totorak because they kept following me (the tank) in a weird way and cast cancelling constantly and just behaving like a robot while letting people nearly die

then they spoke and it turns out that ffxiv bots pass the reverse turing test because it was just a terrible player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

You guys really hate on the console players.

Huh? I did all of 2.0 on PS3, and everything since on PS4.

• Locked thread