Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

You wish you looked this good

And from the Goon run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

gently caress my life

Apparently this is a recurring error and there is no fix for it, tried deleting the patch files, tried using a VPN, tried restarting all of my network equipment. :rip:

I keep getting this too. Left it overnight to download and it maybe got a gigabyte before erroring out. Left it this morning and it said 520 minutes to go. Which means it'll be finished downloading right about the time I get home assuming no errors.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

It likes to crash at the same spot your download was at when it crashed last time, you might come home to it being hosed up @ 1 gb again.

Its been making progress, the amount remaining keeps going down. But yeah, i'm not expecting to play much tonight between that and fighting the queue boss.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Honestly I think it's more that I'm not used to doing such low damage after being omni-50 for so long, it's kinda killing the hype buzz. :v:

Honestly, working on my BRD, not doing much damage seems to be the norm. I know we've overpowered everything for a while, but it feels like stuff takes even longer to die than it should.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

Just saw my first vote abandon trying to do The Chryalis. There seemed to be a few people in there who understood the fight but wouldn't explain it to anyone and just got really mad at all of us new players.

I still don't understand how the following aspects of that fight work, and I'm looking at guides and everything:

- What's up with the giant AOE of death after the first orbs phase? Not the one that you make hurt less with the orbs, but the big one with the blue lightning-ish effects that he does a few different times. Do tanks need to interrupt that or something?
- Why don't some orbs pop?
- Are DPS's supposed to get the adds during orbs phase, or let off-tank kite them?
- What's up with the meteors in the portal phase? Is only one person supposed to stand under them, or no one, or what?

-AoE of death is based on how many orbs reach him. You (everyone) should pop alternating colors before they reach him.
-Probably lag.
-Those die quick enough that people should be able to kill them while popping orbs
-Tanks should stand under the meteors, the tear needs to die asap.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Kuai posted:

Does HW include a DX11 installer?

like to install DirectX 11? Doubt it. You turn DX11 on in the launcher and I assume that it downloads anything extra that it needs when you do.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

Goons are probably salivating to do a level 60 relich-ish train

I'm not even 60 yet and that sounds great. Choo Choo!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Whizbang posted:

Speaking of third party tools, can someone better at them than me get the sound effect from the Regal Mail Box? It's not in the ringtones in the fankit on the site.

I would like this as well. Need a new ringtone.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Vahalla posted:

People from an English speaking comedy forum listening to the English VAs?!

This is a dumb question, but uh, what is the difference between those two?

Paying for your first month versus paying for a key.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Zweihander01 posted:

In extremely important news, Moonfire Faire is back!

Give me a two-seater bombchair Yoshi

Still waiting on that dancer's outfit they teased before HW's launch.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

You mean the one that's been selling for millions of gil since launch?

Apparently I don't pay enough attention. At least now I don't have to wait.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

i am tim! posted:

ERP; not even once.

Once is all you need :pervert:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Is there a good "So its patch 3.2 and you're a new 60" guide out there? Been away a few months and can't progress in the story because I need gear.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

You can do hunts (your daily+weekly hunt) for an i180 weapon, and buy i145 vendor gear from a NPC in Azys Lla. That'll get you into some of the early 60 dungeons, where you can start earning esoterics to pad out you item level with cheap i200 accessories. Then run void ark for i200 left side pieces when you can.

I'm at 165 from before, so I guess time to figure out the Void Ark. Thanks!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Guess I should respec my GLD then. Wasn't aware of that change.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Truga posted:

I mean, this is just a theory, but if nearly every run you're in is poo poo, maybe it's not other people that are the problem :v:

Hell, in 90% of my DF runs no one says a word, we clear and move on. Most of the rest all that gets said is hello at the beginning and thanks at the end.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Hildibrand is getting weird.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

That's still my favorite quest name. All of the EX primals have puns like that.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I have newer screenshots, but not on this computer. Also none of my rad Bard glamour.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I'm thinking I'll pre-order dishonored 2 to get the promotion gear. I just need to confirm it will fit the requirements of the promotion.

I pre-ordered Watch Dogs 2 and got my email pretty much immediately.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Being lazy is the exact reason I don't use it. I try to dps on WHM, but that's easier to do since its hitting buttons when I wouldn't be instead of adding more.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

WhiteHowler posted:

Now if I could just get everyone to stop making fun of me when I tank with my Lalafell.

If you're going to play lalfell, tanking is what you should do.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was under the impression the goal of bard at 50 is to dance around the arena while tapping 1.

I like BRD less at 60 than I did at 50 precisely because of this. Same with PLD too, I like the brain-dead rotation; lets me focus on the other aspects of the fight.

That said, my first 60 was still BRD.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Shy posted:

When do I get my pre-order minion and earrings? In June?

Yes. They'll go active with the early access.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Going to uncap scripture tomes too isn't it?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I post this at most patches, but I hate you all since I'm stuck at work and you're playing.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I only wish I got scion goggles instead of a monocle, but I guess none of the archons are using theirs anymore.

The hitops are really good, the piece of clothing in ff14 I wish I owned in real life the most.

I still can't get over the skirt that female characters get. The boots are a little different too. The top and monocle are great though.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

This one got added too. Stupid lousy important events ruining my dinner date with Aymeric! :argh:

Is Aymeric as thirsty if you're playing a male character? Cause dude's thirsty af.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

So what's the most efficient way to spend my time grinding for my relic to avoid time gates as much as possible? I'm doing the CT quest line every week to hopefully get oils ASAP, the second step with all the unidentified poo poo seems like it's the longest one.

As someone doing the same right now, the unidentified step takes a ton of lore/poetics and the step after aether Oils also takes a ton of lore.

Personally, I need 7 more unidentified ore and I'm finished with that step. So I'm buying those with poetics, buying umbrite with lore and doing the CT weekly for aether oils. I'm not going to progress past the oils for 4 more weeks, but when I do I'll be a decent way into the umbrite process.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Banri Oda, the primary scriptwriter, is a big fan of Yasumi Matsuno of Ivalice fame and has worked with him in the past. Naming the Ascians after the Scions of Light is essentially just an homage. That said, at various times when Ascians cast things, they bring up glyphs. Fans have found that these glyphs coincide with choice parts of the glyphs representing their opposing Espers in Final Fantasy XII, which is a nice little touch.

Spoilers on Elidibus and Ascians: Lahabrea was apparently a normal person before he became an Ascian and was originally from the First Shard, or whatever you'd call our Hydaelyn. It's hard to say how an Ascian is "created," but Lahabrea is one specific circumstance where he lost his humanity and was surrendered to the world betwixt for whatever reason. As for Elidibus, his ultimate goal is to see things through to the best case scenario for when Zodiark is revived. Igeyohrm hosed up the thirteenth shard by causing the Flood of Darkness and so he wants to prevent anymore floods from happening because that would mean less power to be provided for the Rejoining, the recovery of Zodiark. Lots of speculation abound on how this all coincides, but with each world being referred to as a "shard," I assume it's a Final Fantasy V-like scenario where all worlds must converge to re-attain a true form. Hydaelyn separated into shards for a reason, and the 'why' is the big question right now. Elidibus wants to maintain an aura of strife without having one side particularly stronger than the other so his god can have ample supply when he returns- he never helps out of the goodness in his heart or anything, and so once he figures out how to bring back Zodiark I imagine his feigned diplomacy will be a thing of the past.

Where did you find all of this? Is it in game or a supplement?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Shy posted:

Speaking of LB I saw somebody drop a massive door or something in a dungeon, what was that?

Probably a tank LB.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

4th and 5th too! I tanked with some very bad DPSes and ended up running out of defensive cooldowns on that scorpion, and was forced to use Living Dead so that I could burn down it's last few HP as everyone else was dead.

Don't you run out of room after the 3rd?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

ruta posted:

While we're on the topic, are there official ages for the Scions in the lorebook or something? I can find their ages in wikis and stuff, but I don't know the source. Some people have told me that Thancred is ageless due to some weak sounding evidence in 1.0. The conversation the gang has when they meet Matoya seemed to imply that Y'shtola was over 30 to me, but online everyone says she's in her 20s or something. Is there anything official on this nonsense?

Its an anime, no one is over 21. The really old people are 28.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I imagine other classes have it worse but BLM gets real weird in certain level brackets. Aren't they doing some sort of skill revamp with Stormblood that's supposed reduce the number of skills some jobs have? I would have to imagine there's going to be some adjustments to when classes get skills.

Coming from WoW it's so weird to be two months away from the expansion and know so little.

E: I pre-ordered Stormblood - does this get me early access? I also plugged in the pre-order code into my account, but didn't get any in game mail for the goodies -- do those come later?

The pre-order code will get you early access and the goodies don't show up until the expansion is released.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I stay in Shield Oath as PLD because I'm lazy and don't trust pub healers.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Did they say they plan to continue PS3 support right up until SB is active, or were they maybe going to end it in May with the data center move?

It'll end within 90 days of March 18th. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/52068d0608b0770e3827465d2636e2d53b0418c7

Early access for Stormblood is June 17th, so my guess would be that it'll end when SB is released.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Having the crafting classes leveled is nice because you can keep a stack of dark matter on you and repair when and where you need to. You've got time before stormblood to get them to wherever you want. Do your GC turn in daily (especially if its starred) and the ixal/moogle quests pre-/post-50. You'll get there.

We're at a point in the cycle where crafting isn't "useful" until SB gets here anyway.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

VHGS posted:

Two shields.

Gun shields, they're already in the game.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Last year I just preordered a game then canceled it a couple weeks later.

EDIT: I see they changed it and you don't get your code until the pre-order ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

So if I buy this, and apply it to my account, then SE doesn't bill me for two months, correct?

(I have the monthly 1 char/world plan if that matters)

You have to upgrade to the 8/world plan, but yes. It will ask if you want to resume automatic payments after the 60 days. I turned them off so I can change back.

• Locked thread