Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Well thats what I get for just assuming the email from Squeenix was 100% correct.

It was correct. The servers are live at 9:00 GMT. It is currently 8:13 GMT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Let the lobby errors begin.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

goldjas posted:

Well, I got to the queue now, I think that's a victory?

I got into a queue, got kicked out of the queue and now my character won't load and I'm getting world errors every login attempt. Don't get your hopes up.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

queeb posted:

Just got in on excal as well, looks like things might be fixed?

God no the Primal lobby servers are hosed

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Anyone have any opinions on Wanderer's Minuet yet? I was skeptical about if before release and so far I dislike it even more than I thought I would. It's introduced latency issues to a class that I've never had the slightest problem with in the entire time I've been playing. I'm getting skills cancelled while casting even though I haven't moved because it presumably registered the movement I took before casting later than it should have. Straight Shot procs are hosed in WM too; True Shot taking up half the GCD timer is leading to situations where the I get a proc, use Straight Shot and it starts casting, only to ignore the proc until I cancel the cast or it finishes casting and try again. It just feels so sloppy right now. I guess it's probably less of an issue for NA players but it's really annoying for me here in poor old EU. I'm only level 53 atm so I can get by just fine without using it ever really but once I get the WM only skills later I feel like it's gonna suck to play at endgame.

Oh and also Barrage seems straight up lovely now, contrary to previous speculation 3x Sidewinder isn't a thing. Sidewinder is an ability, not a weaponskill so it doesn't work. I can't imagine a situation where Barrage is even close to being equal to old Barrage.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

bonewitch posted:

Minuet sucks and is single handedly turning me off a class I have used to clear every coil and most of savage. The idea of the class (mobile, off gcd heavy) just doesn't line up with having cast times.

The worst part is there's no similar class to jump ship to because Machinist has the same poo poo.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Red Red Blue posted:

Is it just me or does Wanderer's Minuet make Bard feel like poo poo to play? Like, to the point of I really don't want to play this class anymore if we're actually expected to use this

WM is real bad and I hate it.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Hivac posted:

The amount of times I stopped and thought "man, I'm sure glad I was able to move" as BRD are very little. I dunno if that's because I didn't do ridiculous progression raiding but I really never felt like it was a huge plus for the class. I dunno!

Having a near 100% uptime on damage dealing no matter what mechanics are taking place is a pretty big deal and goes a long way to making up for your otherwise lackluster DPS

Bland fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 22, 2015

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Can Wanderer's Requiem be used alongside other songs? If not, is it even a bigger buff than Foe's Requiem if you have a BLM/SMN in the party?

It can be used with other songs and doesn't cost any MP

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Question: What's stopping Bards from not using WM, except for when you need it to extend DoTs or whatever?

3 second cast time

Begemot posted:

The cast times with minuet are way shorter than BLM's. If you're already used to clipping them it barely effects your mobility at all. You still have plenty of off-GCDs and buffs you can pop while moving or when you get straighter shot.

The fact that you can no longer literally kite forever while doing full DPS isn't really a huge deal.

It is when your "full dps" is noticeably lower than every other DPS class (Except MCH, rip)

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That's cool as long as you have the self awareness to realize why literally no one else feels bad for you over it.

I just want my fun class back, I don't particularly care about the insecurities and complexes of other players

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Honestly, for as much as people love RDM I don't really think it should exist as an actual job. The thing that makes RDM distinct is being able to do everything, and being able to do everything in one class at the same time just doesn't work in this format. It's something they wouldn't be able to do justice.

Actually the thing that makes RDM distinct is their immaculate fashion sense so as long as they include that then we're golden.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

UglyDucklett posted:

Bard is the red mage equivalent in ff14 ... you have the fantastic fashion sense.

Pretty much the entire reason I chose to play Bard in this (though I stayed for how it plays of course) was because I thought "close enough" with regards to this point.

I still live in hope that we get Red Mage in some capacity some day though.

vvvvv I would love all of that so much, you have no idea

Bland fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 1, 2015

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

I have no idea what barrens chat means but I've never really had cause to take issue with PBC chat, it's usually quite fun and helpful outside of people getting whiny some times. Maybe I just don't hate goons enough.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Rei_ posted:

do any of these fights have an enrage? I've seen several people mistake Self Destruct on A1 for an Enrage. A4 has a soft enrage i think because he keeps getting DMG+ stacks as the fight progresses, but I don't think at any point he'll outright wipe the room

Self Destruct in A1 is an enrage. If your DPS is complete rear end and you get to like 10 cycles they'll come down and start channeling Self Destruct together.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

Somehow this has happened to me all 4 times I've tried the fight in the duty finder and it makes me want to get a parser just to see how bad the dps is. Like, last run I had 2 dragoons, a monk, and a ninja and I understand playing these melee classes can be tricky, but I am really curious how much damage they were actually outputting.

edit: A friend of mine doing the parser mentioning both he as heals and the tank were doing more damage than the dragoon in a dungeon once made me sad. It seems like the parser can also bring sadness.

That is absolutely the main emotion that parsers will evoke when you're DF'ing it up. Only one single time in A1, A3 and A4 have I have been out damaged and I'm playing Bard in parties full of DRGs MNKs and SMNs. And a lot of the time these people are completely failing/ignoring mechanics in their pursuit of garbage DPS. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Bland fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 8, 2015

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Doublestep posted:

i like thing

you're wrong, it sucks

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Rei_ posted:

What is this thread for, exactly? Like I ain't in DGKK and it's not like 2006 anymore and i dont see a point to rando forums for every topic i'm interested in

Spoiler bars upset some people for reasons nobody is quite certain of. That thread is where these people go to hide.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

vOv posted:

Enochian got fixed! And thunder spells all got a 10-15% boost, plus a 10% chance to proc Thundercloud per tick. Still not sure tcloud is worth casting but it's something.

I don't know what this is but I want it so much.

Rank 50 PvP gear. Have fun with that.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Ran into a pretty special WAR in Neverreap today, said he'd cleared it before and was baffled as to why he couldn't hold aggro.

I guess when he got to 35 he ran out of room on his hotbar or something. He quit half way through in shame of his failures, no joke. Very odd experience.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Infuriate?

Unless parsers don't pick up that skill (I'm not massively familiar with them), he didn't use any buffs except Convalescence (and Maim/IB ofc)

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

nuru posted:

I don't have the full log handy, but someone gave me a screenshot of his opening that is somewhat useful to look at:

(*) look like dot ticks.

While his opener doesn't appear to be completely optimized, and he isn't using Blunt Arrow/Repelling Shot on cooldown there's nothing major sticking out there that would cause such low numbers without seeing his buff usage.

e;

quote:

Well he hosed up and used Barrage on Heavyshot instead of Empyreal arrow

I somehow assumed that the triple heavy shot was a bug in the parser instead of the obvious and right answer, that's a big red mark too.

Bland fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 29, 2015

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

KaneTW posted:

An issue wherein casting the black mage action “Fire III” immediately after receiving the “Firestarter” effect would result in an uninterruptable cast instead of an instant cast.

you motherfuckers that's 2 years late

I would have assumed this would mean they've fixed the pretty much identical problem for Bards with Straight Shot but it doesn't say anything about that. Yoshi pls

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

You know I thought when they doubled the drops in Alexander I'd no longer having any problems with the system but after 8 runs of A3 today between 3 parties and nothing to show for it I think I'm about to burn down the server.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Truga posted:

How? Do all the people in A3 want cranks exclusively now or something?

Well I was after my final spring and I just got mediocre roll after mediocre roll. People seemed to be rolling on cranks and springs quite a lot, most of the lens' went straight in the garbage though. Every party I was in would end up with me being the last person to need loot and everyone peaceing out, even the one I made myself with the description "Please stick around until everyone has their loot". The one time I got a strong roll on a spring I was beaten by a guy wearing Gordian pants already rolling a 99. :smithicide:

Guess I'll try again tomorrow or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Truga posted:

That's really lovely. :(

Are you on excal? I'll be online in about 2h and can help! :v:

I won't be around by then unfortunately but thanks for the offer nonetheless.

• Locked thread