Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
Still can't decide if I'm going to go DRK immediately or stay DRG or WAR.

On the one hand, DRK is flashy, and I just crafted a full set of gear for them, and I'm a sucker for gothic plate (Which the AF set for it seems to be), but WAR remains the giant axe master race, and DRG is just... Fitting for this expansion.

I guess I still have three hours to figure it out. I wish I could sleep :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

On the plus side, the new login screen is fancy!

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Everything is burning.

Why, why didn't I bring enough buckets :supaburn:

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

the only thing that is 100% known is that zetas or old relics in any shape or form are not required for the new ones because drk, ast, and mch don't have them

I think they did mention that having Zeta would let you skip a step though.

Something like "Hey, if you have a Zeta Relic, you can skip the first Atma Grind and go straight to Animus" seems reasonable, given how Animus was a deathmarch back when it was current. While some people got Atma in a day or so.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

I don't see an Ultimate Kettle Zeta.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Don't suppose anyone here's having any problems reinstalling the game? I've been trying to do so since the patch release, but I always get stopped at exactly 19,173.06 megabytes left, at which point the launcher spits out an "Unable to download patch files [30413][25008][20495]" error, crashes, and then deletes the last 620.51 megabytes of progress, forcing me to go over those again.

I've tried reinstalling (Steam gave me some grief when I tried that, by locking the file on me like I was preloading), I've tried using a VPN, and I've tried sheer bloody-mindedness, but the game seems determined to eat my bandwidth at no real gains. I've also tried doing my research, but everyone goes "Oh yeah, just use Cyberghost and it'll work fine" (It didn't).

And obviously, posting this in the official forums is impossible because they ban you from posting if you haven't logged in for more than 14 days, and their tech support is notoriously lovely and unhelpful (Unless that's changed in the past month or two). I don't suppose any goons have had this problem and know how to fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

switch your DNS servers to google's and try again

Huh, can you give me a quick rundown of how to do that? I don't ordinarily bugger with my DNS lists.

• Locked thread