Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Verranicus posted:

Unrelated, but a third (fourth?) ERP/courtesan FC has sprung up on Balmung called 'Keepers Kiss'. So proud of my server.

Goons most certainly care an awful lot about what players do on their own time in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Belzac posted:

It's good to know that putting someone of /follow and going afk could in theory get you probated. Cool game.

It constitutes in game harassment and stalking. Being AFK is one thing, but this was far beyond a simple /follow.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Kwyndig posted:

Ultros can at least be done with less than a full party of competent people. Bismark is just a nightmare when it shows up on trial roulette. I've only managed to complete that trial twice, since it manages to combine all the worst aspects of Leviathan (slams), Titan (an arena you can fall off of that tries to make you), and Steps (dragonkillers) with an additional gently caress you to ranged DPS by making you stand on the shell or do no damage..

Is it really that bad? Every time it's come up, I've completed it without issue.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Lemon King posted:

Its 1am, why does Excalibur have a queue? :psyduck:

An entire datacenter is having issues with their housing zones, causing lots of players being unable to log in.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I'm a veteran from the 2.0 days, and one thing that has bugged me, every single content update, is how annoyingly shallow the 4-man content is in comparison to the 8-man content. Raid parties get content that challenges you, uses all your latest gear effectively, and utilizes teamwork. But for 4-man? All we get are faceroll dungeons, every single time. The ONLY exception is, of late, the Palace of the Dead. And that's a bit of a mixed bag for two reasons. One, it's not exactly challenging content, from what testers have said. And, two, it doesn't use any of the gear we earn. And I will admit that the latter is a good part of the reason why I'm fatigued on the game. I can earn all this fancy gear, but it does nothing.

I want 4-man content that makes good use of what we've gotten. Something like a savage dungeon, or smaller versions of trials. I said it similarly somewhere else, but part of the reason I'm losing interest in the game is because of similar games like Monster Hunter. In Monster Hunter, I can get 3 of my friends and we can have a grand blast playing content that genuinely challenges us and uses the gear we've acquired. In FF14, I can get 3 of my friends and faceroll through a dungeon we've all done 50 times that can be easily completed by someone 30 ilvls below us. And I'm not delusional; I know posting this isn't going to change anything, and that we're still only going to get two easy dungeons, one eight-man raid, and MAYBE something special the next patch that's ultimately a fun diversion and not much more. But plenty of my friends share the same opinion; there just isn't enough interesting content for the more casual players who can't devote themselves to full eight-man raiding.

Some people may get confused and think I mean all 4-man content should be hard. This isn't what I'm saying at all. There should still be content as easy as Antitower and Hullbreaker Hard. But why isn't there anything above that at 4-man?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

EponymousMrYar posted:

his insane Grenado Shot

The only thing that Grenado Shot shows me is that there's a number of Black Mages who don't know they've got Aetherial Manipulation on their bars. I've gotten commendations for sliding out of the shot instantly before, so I don't know if people just forget about it or....

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Kuvo posted:

you could instead post pictures

new gpose things own, just a few minutes in photoshop and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

new gpose owns, /glasses owns

• Locked thread