Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

I thought I had better pictures than this. Wish I had a picture of my warrior since it's the only one I actually have lot of glamours on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Did someone write down the coords. to unlock Astrologian? Can't see patch notes because of maintenance.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Lodestone maint is done.

The Pillars (X:13 Y:8) for DRK
Foundation (X:8 Y:10) for MCH
The Pillars (X:15 Y:10) for AST

Thanks!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

If you can't log in, sit on the start screen for a while for a new movie. It has 2.5 storyline spoilers though if you haven't beaten it yet.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

fount of knowledge posted:

Is it the same as the video they showed at Fanfest?

The very first one? It's a much longer version of that.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Only 5 AST levels to go then I can finally start the new story.. gotta stay strong.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Fellow ASTs: What do your hotbars look like?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Yo fellow Astrologians. If you're doing N.Than farming, make sure you cross class Blizzard 2 because you'll need AOE with the crazy zerg that's out here.

This is a nonsensical set-up to me. Also: no swiftcast - a shameful astrologian.

Swiftcast is on the shared bar at the top, though.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

okay it's not just me apparently machinist is the worst parsing dps in the game right now

sure am glad I blew all my leves and the first levels worth of MSQ xp on it!!

time to level dark knight and cry

Who cares, play what you think is most fun.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

This guy just happened in my Aery run.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Creeping Chaos posted:

Is Excalibur making GBS threads itself or is it just something with my connection?

Got disconnected while in a dungeon and can't get back ,saw 400+ people in que though.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Level your lancer to 30 first, then when your next job quest requires level 15 marauder go do that.

E: Either way I don't think it really matters, you won't lose anything by doing it sooner or later as long as your Lancer is higher then the marauder.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 9, 2015

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Taear posted:

So I've read the OP and got myself a free trial. I've tried to read back in the thread to see if this has been answered but most of the talk is high-level stuff that right now makes absolutely no sense to me.

What I want to know is if I create a character leading to a Dragoon will I spend loads of time sat about because I'm DPS? I'm fine to be a tank - I'd be a Paladin - if that means I'd get to run dungeons more.

I don't care about raiding at all so it's only when it comes to grouping.

As was stated, you can be all of the classes in the game on your one character, so don't feel bad if you start as something you don't like, you can just go grab another one and start it from level 1. You will get an EXP boost until you catch up to your highest class so leveling the first one isn't a waste, not to speak of cross-class skills.

Pretty sure made it almost to lvl 50 before I got sick of DPS dungeon ques and made a healer which I found much more fun to play anyways.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Asking for a friend, if you buy the ARR+HW bundle, can you ignore the ARR part of it and only apply HW to your account? The bundle is on sale over here but not the expansion by itself.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Not American, as far as I know you can't use codes cross-region.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Is there a quick recap of what has been happening since (and including) patch 3.2? I stopped playing just before the patch came out and there's all kinds of weird things in the dungeon finder for example.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 27, 2016

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I only have this

And only the hat is glamours

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm maxed out on GC seals, what should I buy to sell on the MB?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Alternatively they could just get rid of cleric stance and have all healer spells scale with mind.

I think this would be the best, right now Cleric Stance is just an extra button you have to press when you want to do damage, there's no real reason for it to be there other then scare inexperienced players into not using it. It's not that long but some times in the time it takes to activate it I feel like whatever I was going to do is now irrelevant.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 15, 2016

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Same here, but at least I'm at the goblet.

What time do the servers come back up? I wan't to try and grab and apartment, expecting them to go fast.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Servers are up

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Tortolia posted:

You can pick a different housing area if you want. I have Goblet for DGKK now, got a small Lavender Beds estate in 3.3 and now a Mists apartment.

Wish I had thought of this before buying and apartment on Goblet, wonder if there is still space on Mist, I don't really use money on anything else so I don't mind paying for it again.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

What Eso/Lore crafting mat should I buy if I just want to sell it for money?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

How much money should I have before I start leveling crafting classes?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

You should have one combat class at 50-60 to easily replenish money and supplies, is the vibe I've gotten.

Yeah I have a bunch of 50's and one 60, but I only barely have around 2 million and I'm bad at making money, I usually just dump all my GC seals on coke or something and sell them when I get maxed out.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Leofish posted:

I think everyone is hoping for Viera, but I would laugh if they made Nu Mou instead.

If they actually added Viera I would be really torn between staying as catgirl or switching.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Finally got the Levi Astrologian weapon, been wanting it for a long time since there really aren't many great looking weapons for ASTs. I could have outfitted as small army of Paladins with all the shields and swords I saw.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

I would mind having a challenge for people to beat before they go to even sniff at certain content, kinda like Maat

but then this game wouldn't have subscribers

This would just make people sell clears of said challenges. Unless you would have to do it solo but then I don't see how it would help.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Tae posted:

Jesus Christ, i went hardcore on 14 and it still took me a month to get to heavensward. Howd you do it in 2 weeks

Just had a Qarn HM run with a sprout player who said he got the game 5 days ago. He said he was gonna try MCH so I guess he'd gotten to Heavensward already.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

That was interesting.

I fell trough the floor in Limsa once

(These are from 2 years ago excuse the weird UI/hotbars)

Demicol fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Oct 26, 2016

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I think Red Mage being a melee magic-damage DPS would be cool. Give it dual/double casting where you can cast two spells right after another/same time, like a swiftcast, so it's poking at things with a rapier while tossing out spells.
I don't think a mage tank would make sense and the name makes me think of a DPS job instead of a healer.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

When is the next patch coming? I got some weird discount code for game time after being inactive for a while, I was gonna make use of that soon.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Ok that play was super impressive, well worth the 20 minutes I spent watching it. That's some serious dedication.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The only time I've been really raged at was when I was lvling THM for Swiftcast. The tank couldn't hold aggro at all so halfway trough I told him he should try doing a better job at that. He just told me that I should "shut up and do damage" and then the party vote-kicked me.

Which reminds me once when I was tanking we had a SCH healer that said they weren't feeling too good and were gonna go lie down for a bit, putting on follow and leaving the fairy to heal and it worked just fine, didn't even notice they were gone (healing wise).

Demicol fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 31, 2016

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Got really lucky and got both the healer hat and coat from Dun Scaith in only a few runs

The coat is a bit disappointing but the hat is cool

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Recently changed my hairstyle after having this from whenever it was added

Goes with the outfit better, which isn't all that much glamoured. Just the boots and pants and the jacket is dyed.

And I used to use the Lightning hair for a long time before the other hairstyle was added

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Niton posted:

When you press R, the third and the fourth buttons freeze everyone's motions and your motions, respectively.

It's whatever button you have auto-run set to

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Finally got Warrior to 60, was hoping to get Mentor before Stormblood only to find out I still need to do 220 dungeons, drat it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Creeping Chaos posted:

Unsynced story Ifrit is like 15-16 seconds/run, and counts for it.

Well I ended up doing this. Not the best use of my time but I wanted to do it in case the requirements go up in Stormblood. My best time was 11 seconds as AST that I wasn't able to get more than once.

• Locked thread