Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

E: There were like 40 bots kicked :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Do you even pvp???

Haquer fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 25, 2016

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ilifinicus posted:

that entire JP onry promo for really cool glamour gear and a mount is the worst idea they've had since the overtuning of A1-4S and verminion

it's going to piss off the entire English-speaking community

Eh with Monster Hunter the same poo poo happens all the time and it accomplishes fuckall so honestly other than gnashing of teeth on the OF nothing will happen.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ilifinicus posted:

there's a big difference here; all the items in that promo are in the game files, available as actual items but with no way of obtaining them. Other exclusives they have done have been unique to their regions (china or korea) and not been part of the game files that we share with the Japanese language version. This the first time they've pulled something like this for this game, and it's really not an acceptable situation because we're not going to be in a situation where someone who has these items can be on NA or EU servers as they please and show off their poo poo. Based on flags on the items in the game files, these are going to be account-wide items like veteran rewards

So they're the new Houses? :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I decided to see how bad I am at this game and joined Trial Roulette and landed The Chrysalis

Turns out I'm probably alright

that monk though

E: Also, honest healers

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cythereal posted:

FC? That term's not in the OP. What is it and how would I do it?

I'm not at all sold on the game going by the promo material, but I'm giving the trial a shot.

Free Company/Guild/Whatever

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
AST told me I need to learn how to play my job better

code:
NAME             STARTTIME   DURATION  DAMAGE   DAMAGE%  POWERDRAIN  ENCDPS  ENCHPS  DAMAGETAKEN  DEATHS  JOB  OVERHEALPCT  
YOU              9:25:20 PM  21:39     511,697  50%      0           378.75  14.49   103,597      1       Drg  0%           
BARD             9:25:29 PM  19:51     274,413  26%      0           203.12  1.91    51,781       2       Brd  26%          
WARRIOR          9:25:17 PM  22:12     209,987  20%      0           155.43  25.43   458,923      2       War  1%           
ASTROLGIAN       9:25:19 PM  20:41     9,427    0%       0           6.98    451.58  63,846       2       Ast  25%          
E: Comedy addition:
code:

Limit Break          9:46:38 PM  00:00     17,501   1%       0           12.95   0.00    0            0            0%           

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kwyndig posted:

I was going to say it probably had more to do with you taking twice as much damage as the other DPS, but then I saw you're playing dragoon :v:

My damage recieved was low up until I saw he was being an honest healer, then I started standing in AoEs to give him some work to do v:v:v

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

To be fair, pre-50 (Those are pre-50 numbers right?) Astrologian has loving dick-all for DPS options. However, if they're not even casting Malefic when they get a chance, yeah, they're bad.

Nah, that was a level 50 dungeon (Amdapor Hard I think? I'm not at my PC right now to check, been unlocking all the 50 dungeons for 50DR)

Fister Roboto posted:

Nice dude, you really showed that guy by intentionally loving up. What an idiot!

Cool, shut up nerd

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ruta posted:

Yeah, I did use my Ring of Thorns off of Heavy Thrust, though it was sometimes hard to get the positional to get it to trigger because the tank was kind of fidgety. I should work on that. But overall, I guess I just can't expect to do much damage in AoE packs and let it be. I'm just so used to doing really really well in trials and raids and pvp and stuff, so I was in shock at my dismal AoE pack numbers. Thanks for all the advice, though!

I main DRG and was at first upset at how bad AoE is for the class but then didn't care when I realized that you end up doing enough damage to bosses due to amazing single target DPS that you still do more damage in a dungeon than most casters (really good SMNs can blow by me though).

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Cool, because AST has the DPS toolkit of a wet noodle at 50. They have Malefic, which is a stone 1 analogue, and Combust/aero if they cross classed it. Not sure if you unlock Combust 2 pre 50 or not but yeah, an AST going full out DPS in pre-HW content probably will manage to contribute about 10-20 or so DPS without crippling their healing abilities. Of course once you get Gravity and all the other poo poo it's pretty good, and they pull into parity with other healers for DPS.

In short you're a loving mong.

So they shouldn't dps at all and just wait around to heal, got it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I think what I didn't make clear was that was the DPS for the entire run. He did literally less damage in the 20min dungeon than one limit break at the end.

Bullshit on their level 50 DPS being that low.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I did it. I did the thing.

edit: also this happened today

My first week of the game a goon had newbies play hide and go seek and I won a fat cat :3:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hobbesmaster posted:

Cleansing poo poo is selene's job.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Tortolia posted:

For what it's worth, you could also have selected any TPT member you saw in game and chosen to apply that way. :eng101:

Except nobody really goes to Gridania :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Yessssssssss

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Truga posted:

I think your horsebird is growing purple mould, you should have a bird doctor check it.

Nah it just ate a hella lot of berries. In one sitting.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Yeaahhh I thought this too.

You still get sent back. Even in Heavensward, because SE hates you, personally.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

The Chairman posted:

In 2.x, The Waking Sands became the quest hub for things relating to extreme primals and The Binding Coil raids, while the main story hub moved to Mor Dhona. The rest of the Scions move to Mor Dhona, but Urianger stays behind in Vesper Bay so that he doesn't have to move his library.

Lazy rear end in a top hat

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Technogeek posted:

You are not, and never will be, considered a healer of any capacity at all. You're nothing but a glorified DPS that shrugs off all responsibility of the role to the other, infinitely more competent healer while you're off in your own little world spamming dps abilities and occasionally throwing up an Adlo if the stars align and it's necessary. No strategy, no planning, if things go tits up you don't even have the healing power to salvage the raid, you just roll over and die.

But that's just what I've seen from every Scholar I've ever met from 2.5 to now, so I guess people enjoy pretending to be a DPS.

The downside being...?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ActionZero posted:

When you get to Heavensward, level Dark Knight and do its 30-50 job quests.

These quests are great because Fray is somehow the voice of reason trying to tell you to turn down all those assholes who want you to gather 3 pig butts :allears:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mordiceius posted:

People can skip the story though. They can skip all the cutscenes they want.

Well not all of them but yeah most.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:psyduck:

E:

Motion to abandon duty passed. The party has been disbanded and the duty ended.
The Navel (Hard) has ended.

oh thank god, guy repeatedly died in the first couple minutes of the fight and he was one of the healers

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

under ten fps? why are you even bothering playing? it's like a loving slideshow

I imagine his entire experience has been that way since titan is a super small place and is reducing his machine to fuckall fps

He was also >50 AST, so he's played through up to Ishgard at minimum at under 10fps

gently caress. That. poo poo.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Fister Roboto posted:

There's no need for you to spew your bile all over this thread, either.

One thread is fine.

Scroll past OF posts :shrug:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Somebody said Midlander Male is the rarest? :v:

I was a catgirl for a while, then really started to hate the way DRG/DRK armors look on female models

E: Also the game launcher bugged out and declared my password was wrong, so of course I kept trying instead of just restarting it and got myself locked out :downs:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

HenryEx posted:

I kinda have the problem that i can't download the update though. When i want to log-in, i get the error that login and update programs don#t have matching versions. Anyone know how to fix this?

I got this, but I'm about to step away from my PC for a couple hours so I just told steam to redownload it, should be done by the time I get back :shrug:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
PotD handed me some wind silk pants

I love them :kiddo:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I need 1.5mil :(

Only have 833k

E: Then again the price will probably keep on dropping, so

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Office Surprise Store posted:

heavy metal greatsword has terrible stats because it prioritizes parry

Yeah, I just looked at my i235 from PotD and decided I'm probably better off:

E: Yes I'll probably change the materia later

E2:

Liver Disaster posted:

Time to run PotD until I look almost exactly like I did in high school.
Taking recs on a good replacement for a fishnet shirt.

Basically like what was said before, they used to be super expensive but have dropped in price, I just had forgotten about them until potd gave me them and they're amazing

Haquer fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 4, 2016

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FactsAreUseless posted:

[all the laughter dies down and somebody coughs in the silence]

*coughs*

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
PotD is super my jam, no idea why I like it so much but

worth

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

sacred penetralia :heysexy:

Sidenote: AST is Cool And Good

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Reiterpallasch posted:

half of it is, anyway

I've not seen a single reason to use Nocturnal Sect in potd so far :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know it's early, but the stupid mines dungeon is a waste of time. Copperbell or whatever. Dumb gimmick minibosses, it's way too long, I hate it.

The hard mode version has different, worse gimmicks.

I don't like either one

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

UHD posted:

Is that what that is? I thought it was just an empty scabbard.

I like it :(

It's where your cards go, dummy

believe in the heart of the cards, astrologian

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I went from 49 to 80 ping gonna throw this trash game in the garbage!!!

still less than I ever got in age of wushu which was also located in California

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I guess that explains those <pizza> tags i've been seeing in the Goblet.

<pizza> is Please Be Careful right now :ssh:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

The Chairman posted:

I'm currently using the cheapest possible license and hosting solution for the forums software I want (IPS' 'community in the cloud', $20/mo for 20 concurrent users) and it doesn't include SSL. If I want them to provide SSL, I need to pay an extra $15/mo, and if I want to host it myself I need to pay $300 up front for the software.

$20/mo is about the limit for what I feel comfortable spending out of pocket for the hosting. If HTTPS is something that people absolutely require then I'll put in the request to bump up the plan and put a tip jar up on the front page.

Use let's encrypt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Put up Ifrit Extreme in party finder earlier for wondrous tails, party goes in and dies to the first DPS check because they weren't watching for the infernal nails

Oh and by dies I mean everyone but me (WAR) and the PLD.

[8:05](Gideon Falconheart) Watch the Paladin and the Warrior do this them drat selves.

[8:08](Gideon Falconheart) Hax
[8:08](Iamnot Atreehugger) we should a tank party like garuda
[8:08](Delthias Snow) lol gj
[8:08](J' Balisong) amazing
[8:08]J' Balisong claps for the exit.

Probably the most fun I've ever had in a trial

• Locked thread