Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

The Grimace posted:

2.55 through 3.3 is legitimately fantastic though, bias or not. I still loved 3.4 as well, but I can forgive those who have issues with it.

I rank 3.4 higher then most because for me it capped off one of the better plot decisions they've made in the expansion, which was to use then new setting to redo the Scions from the ground up. It's a fun juxtaposition when you get the closing scenes in the Rising Stones compared to similar 2.0 scenes. Suddenly all these npcs who were blank slates at best and insufferable at worst in 2.0 leave an expansion with actual character development, motivations, personalities, connections to other npcs, and better voice acting! I considered that quite an accomplishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
so is there any way to get a manual password reset on ffgoons since automatic password reset is broke?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Cool they fixed the zodiac thing so I can get on with my grind

quote:

・An issue wherein if a player speaks to the NPC “Jalzahn” in the “North Shroud” area, while having a relic weapon nexus in possession, then selects the “Zodiac Weapon Recreation“ option, the game would lock up and the player would lose control of the game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you're a career triple triad player I think you're allowed to say Tataru is bad.

Also I feel BLM is the easiest dps. Their AOE rotation is the easiest. Single target you only have to worry about Enochian not dropping off, and mixing in a fire 1 with every 2 fire4s or so.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

If you're a career triple triad player I think you're allowed to say Tataru is bad.

Also I feel BLM is the easiest dps. Their AOE rotation is the easiest. Single target you only have to worry about Enochian not dropping off, and mixing in a fire 1 with every 2 fire4s or so.

It highly depends on the cotent, but in current alex normal BLM is hilariously easy to do well with after you've seen the fights 2 or 3 times. It's probably still the hardest class to play at 100%, but for 90% it's literally pushing just 8 buttons and moving a bit. I think I'm a *very* bad blm and I don't have issues anymore now that I know the fights.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Decided to gently caress around in the POTD and got another Locks.
The value has plummetted, but I can probably get 1.5 mil out of it maybe?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Something like BRD or MNK are the easiest to learn fights in. With BRD you always have the option of dropping WM and just pushing button at a noticeable (but not total) DPS loss while you're learning positioning, and MNK is, well MNK, you can slam PB and get your stacks back quickly if you know when the phases are.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Office Surprise Store posted:

so is there any way to get a manual password reset on ffgoons since automatic password reset is broke?

ask in the discord

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I have bard, monk and black mage at 60 and I'd agree that bard is the easiest. Monk is a little exhausting because you have a few different timers to keep track of and you're trying to work in chakra and tornado kick where you can, and blm has enochian (which honestly isn't that bad to deal with, but it does suck to miss your BlizzIV by like 0.2 seconds). For bard you just have to memorize your opener and then mash bloodletter and straight shot while you wait for your cooldowns to come up again. The most complex thing you can do is stance-dance in and out of Wanderer's minuet when none of your cooldowns are up, but it's not a big difference if you just ignore that and if you do it wrong it's a DPS loss anyway :v:

e: monk is probably the most fun though, unless you like huge numbers like me, then it's blm

troofs fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 6, 2016

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
you can also surprise low-effort tanks if you start rolling dots on multiple targets and mash the gently caress out of rain of death

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Office Surprise Store posted:

you can also surprise low-effort tanks if you start rolling dots on multiple targets and mash the gently caress out of rain of death

Yeah but in my experience, properly played DPS always rips hate from lazy tanks on AoE pulls anyway :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ninja seems easy to me once I learned that max dps is basically just re-applying dots and having Huton active at the 40 second mark. Good burst damage with multiple ocd moves, and can easily play the long range game during those phases when you need it.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The only annoying part of ninja is when the server decides your ninjutsu never actually got casted. I can't count how many times the game has shown me the suiton animation but it turns out that didn't really happen.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The lala npcs are so good, why are the players almost entirely so bad?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Asimo posted:

As a pointless random question, what do folks think is the easiest DPS class to play at the moment? Not the most effective, but the least amount of buff tracking and relatively low punishment for flubbing rotations and stuff like that.

Since I am old and incompetent. :saddowns:

Warrior.

I'm not entirely joking.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Someone talked me into getting back in.

Where's good to pick up Heavensward for PC?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Toshimo posted:

Someone talked me into getting back in.

Where's good to pick up Heavensward for PC?

Well regardless of what the answer to this winds up being, just remember that if your existing ARR copy is Steam then you need to get Heavensward through Steam as well. If it's a non-Steam copy, you also need to get a non-Steam copy of Heavensward.

Don't cross the streams.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

The lala npcs are so good, why are the players almost entirely so bad?
No clear sense of the role each race plays in the setting, so they base their decisions on other players rather than game lore or NPCs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Like I've been paying much closer attention to the lore this time around and couldn't tell you much about each race besides "pointy ears" or "large" or "small."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There really aren't a whole lot of strong racial stereotypes within the game. Nothing like "all orcs love to fight" or "all elves love nature" or whatever. Most of the stereotypes come more from nationality than from race. For example, you could say that a lot lalafels are greedy capitalists, but that's more because a lot of lalafels are citizens of Ul'dah, not because they're lalafels. There are some tendencies, like roegadyns tend to be melee fighters due to their bulk, but for the most part the lore matches up with the idea that everyone can do anything. There are plenty of roegadyn mages and lalafel fighters.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The game doesn't seem to get much into racial histories or lore either, which I think would be interesting, but I'd rather have what we have now if I had to choose with a gun to my head over silly video game lore :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

sacred penetralia :heysexy:

Sidenote: AST is Cool And Good

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
half of it is, anyway

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Reiterpallasch posted:

half of it is, anyway

I've not seen a single reason to use Nocturnal Sect in potd so far :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

The game doesn't seem to get much into racial histories or lore either, which I think would be interesting, but I'd rather have what we have now if I had to choose with a gun to my head over silly video game lore :v:

I recall reading people saying that there are NPCs who say that cross species breeding is frowned upon in Eorzea, which is why there aren't really any hybrids but I couldn't actually tell you who those NPCs are or what you need to do to see that.

Haquer posted:

I've not seen a single reason to use Nocturnal Sect in potd so far :v:

You never will, though in all fairness, POTD is not a good indicator of what a class really plays like, nor is it really that good for learning your class either.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Generally this game is more concerned with the nuances of nationality and region than race, which is fine. The two clans available to each race generally fit pretty clear archetypes though. Like Sea Wolves being pirates and sea-trading folks.

Lalafells are generally either farmers or merchants according to game lore.

The real reason why Lalafell PCs are terrible is because they are made by weeaboos. Terrible terrible weeaboos.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly I just thought cross-species breeding wasn't able to result in offspring, at least, until we got that one half Hyur/giraffe girl in the MSQ. We haven't seen any others.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
turn left thread

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The only two times I can think of where race comes up in quests are the LNC questline (where there's some stereotype against Duskwights), and in that Doman kids sidequest with 'Lalafell!'.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lalafell players should just give bad lalafell RP idiots long lectures about their "minstrel show-level mockery of my people."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kuvo posted:

turn left thread

ok let me just pull over into camp drybone real quick and

OH NOOOOOO

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

The only two times I can think of where race comes up in quests are the LNC questline (where there's some stereotype against Duskwights), and in that Doman kids sidequest with 'Lalafell!'.

Man that sidequest series needs to come back :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

ok let me just pull over into camp drybone real quick and

OH NOOOOOO

Hard right hard right

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Ciaphas posted:

Hard right hard right

SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED

I usually like Tataru, but I can't take her seriously after her talking about needing LOTS OF MONEYYYYYYYYYYYY while the camera was on Haurchefant's grave.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Hard right hard right
No, but thank you for asking.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Hard right hard right

I'd prefer not to hear from porogos about how they're going to make eorzea great again, thank you very much.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Kwyndig posted:

Honestly I just thought cross-species breeding wasn't able to result in offspring, at least, until we got that one half Hyur/giraffe girl in the MSQ. We haven't seen any others.

There's a kid in the Gold Saucer who looks like a Hyur whose father is a Roe, although maybe Roe kids just look like Hyur.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

I'd prefer not to hear from porogos about how they're going to make eorzea great again, thank you very much.

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, but thank you for asking.

thanks, thread

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Niton posted:

SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED

Charibert will make Eorzea great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mrs.Nameko posted:

Tell me about it...

amusingly, if Melt is anything like its sized down hexeyes version, you can go into walk mode and stroll right up to the plant without aggroing it. This works on all monsters that can aggro even when you're behind them- they're actually aggroing based on sound, so it's the act of running anywhere within their aggro radius that causes them to activate.

• Locked thread