Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

LOBBBBBY ERRORRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

People who have done DRK quest what armor does Fury have and can I have it?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Ravana with pubs is a nightmare, jesus

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

I'm at 57 currently should I just do the MSQ till it's red then pound out side quests? Also either I am blind but I haven't found one quest that rewards bracers

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Doing every side quest and lldr once per day will get you to 58 and two thirds or so when the msq wants you to be 59, with no gaps at lower levels. This will happen again for level 60. If you're earlier than that, just do lldr or quests, if you're there, run dungeons.

Also remember the new personal hunts unlocked at 53, 56, and 59 give a good chunk of exp and a head start on getting the carbontwine/carboncoat equivalent.

I never really did hunts in vanilla can I solo these or do I need a group?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Someone spoil something are there beast tribe rep grinds somewhere in HW?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So end game spoiler question

What "Primal" is at the end of the game crawling out of the lake? Also Was the game and the pope implying you yourself the PC is becoming a primal?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So what is the best way to get from 50-60 as a Weaver, is leve spamming still the best or is there an easier way?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Should I save raging strikes for Dreadwyrm trance

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So for Collectibles in DoH classes, should that be my primary way of leveling now?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My strategy is:

Use vendor-bought turnins to get a single class (weaver is best for this) up to 55, at which point you can buy crafting gear from moghome. If you chose weaver for this, make a set of HQ level 53 gear, and only use leves on classes below 53 until they're all 53. For classes above 53, use some combination of making a billion high-demand items like leathers or nuggets, and collectibles. Note that the collectibles change every day, so if the current batch are expensive to craft, just don't work on that class until it's cheaper.

By Vendor bought turn ins you mean just spamming leves till 55 correct?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Do any vendors sell level 55 Crafters Rings/Neck/etc?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So does this game have a WoW esque lockout system? Like only able to get loot once a week?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

When do Collectibles start giving scribs 56?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

I missed a 99% gathering attempt 3 times in a row. :shepicide:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

seiferguy posted:

That's literally a one and a million chance. The probability of getting something with a 1% chance happening three times in a row is 1 / 100^3, which is 1 / 1,000,000.

Congrats on your unlucky failure!

But my Flax :negative:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Don't lose your craaaaaaaaaaaft

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

How the heck does this game expect me to make Collectible armor as weaver for scrips? I only have the level 55 armor + some high level 50 right pieces on my level 60 weaver. I feel like i should just buy the level 60 HQ pieces from the MB

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Make level 55 hq leftside if you haven't already. If you don't intend on leveling all crafts, just do the level 56 collectibles for scrips. If you are, get scrips on gsm or cul when their cheap options pop up.

Alright thanks that'll work.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So I'm leveling up my Culinary now, but I am having so much trouble actually making items to level. Like I need to hit Masters mend at least once on 40 durability crafts, and I can't even finish a 80 craft. I have the level 55 HQ Job Armor. My Weaver with the 55 Weaver HQ set never had this problem which is why it is so weird to me.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't understand. You're saying this like it's a problem. Are you under the impression that restoring durability is a bad thing?

I'm just not used to doing it when making NQ leveling up items.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So is the preferred method of making HQ 50-59 items any different than I have been doing it? Mostly I do Inner Quiet > Steady Hand II > Hasty Touch > Manipulation when my Durability is low while throwing in Tricks of the Trade when it procs.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Use master's mend 2 instead if it's a high durability craft. Use comfort zone for a free 16 CP. Keep track of your CP and make sure you have enough to do steady hand->great strides->innovation->byregot's blessing at the end. Use steady hand 2 for progress.

e: I assume you knew some or all of this but I just wanted to make sure you weren't missing something basic.

Maybe I should get a goldsmith and Alchemist to 50 for those cross class then. Is Byregot's Blessing better than Byregot's brow at 51 since I Don't have a level 50 Carpenter.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So to make peak amounts of gil/easy collectible crafts should I finish my Culinarian or give Goldsmith a shot?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Anyone got vendor list for Crafter items 50-60?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

I got my Cullinarian to 60 to get easy scrips but every single day the 59 turn in is Liver Sandwich and not Marron's Grace :negative:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Silly question, but do you only get new scrip items if you complete the day before?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So I just resubbed after leaving in 3.0. The best way to gear back up would be to just run Nevereap/Other Dungeon that drop the updated tokens right or is there a quicker way to get the tokens?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Leveling my professions with levequests makes me want to die. Just got Alchemist done, now i need armorer, blacksmith, and goldsmith to round them out to 50.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

BLITZ BALL INCOMING

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

If there isnt a anime emote to flick the blood off your sword I am not sure i can play SAM.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

I am trying to get in on crafting for deliverys + moogle quest. I have a full i190 set I bought, and I have been looking at Materia. I was watching a "NQ to HQ" guide that uses a macro that requires 468 CP. I melded my entire right side with +4 CP + HQ food I get like, 440 CP. Should I just put CP everywhere on my crafter since I do not plan on doing 4 star crafts?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Well I just wanted to HQ the delivery collectables for more rep points with her. Thanks for the tips!

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

The 100% increase in EXP gain granted by the Armoury bonus now applies to all jobs below level 60.

gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Can someone with good coordinates tell me WHERE in Ul'dah the Quest NPCs are? I wanna grab that, do the quest and get the hell out.

• Locked thread