Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
cats are gross

in case anyone is not already playing this game, know that it looks amazing, here is Bahamut's Teraflare going off:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Despite all the doom and gloom in this thread, I still strongly recommend giving FFXIV a chance if you have never played an MMO or are otherwise sick of WoW. It's in a rough patch of late but I would still vouch for it over any MMO on the market right now if only for the unusual amount of effort put into its presentation and writing.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Rotoru posted:

Speaking of WHM, does anyone have any suggestions for hotbar layout? I'm at the point where I really need to figure out a decent layout and would really appreciate some input.

I am a WHM that has beaten everything in the game. This is what I have used for the last two years:

(It's hard to see, but cleric stance is mapped to tilda; also the screenshot is a little old, I keep Stone II on 5 for 50 synced stuff and Stone I on 6 for A3S)

Note that this layout assumes you're using ESDF to control movement instead of WASD; I forced myself to learn to use ESDF for movement early on in this game, this makes it easier to access a bunch of keys and I was able to map all important instant-cast skills to buttons or modifier combinations I can easily press while still moving in nearly any direction.

Another upside to this setup is it uses no special mouse buttons. All the keys are standard on any keyboard, even ones without a numpad, such that I feel right at home on whatever laptop or desktop I play the game on. I'm even able to play somewhat competently using a laptop nub or touchpad as a mouse since I only use the mouse for camera control.

The big downside, of course, is learning to use ESDF. It took me roughly a month to get used to it, and during that time I was functionally useless in most fights that involved movement. I'm glad I did in the end, though.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

The Brown Mage was an NPC in FFXI who's sole purpose was to remove your current active food buff.

I, for one, am hyped to wield these terrible brown magicks.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I think most of us who are floating at i270 right now are still on one of the earlier steps (Umbrite) waiting for them to get nerfed (Umbrite) because they are terrible (UMBRITE)

We'll populate those light grind party finders someday, please be patient!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

This is pretty cool. Turns out a number of the unique enemies in Palace of the Dead are deceased characters from job/class/story quests:
http://gamerescape.com/2016/07/21/the-lore-train-identifying-the-dead/
http://gamerescape.com/2016/11/01/the-lore-train-identifying-the-dead-part-2/

• Locked thread