Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

Tell me I'm pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but my friend just pointed it out to me and this totally has to be a bug or something because it's just too good to be intentional.

Turns out WAR's Raw Intuiton skill (20s guaranteed parry from front, guaranteed crits from attacks in the flank/back) also guarantees critical heals from the back and flank as well for the duration. It's essentially a 20 second hallowed ground with a SCH adlo bombing you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbOkyU7_YTI

There's no way this is legit, right?

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

I did it.

...now to bite the bullet and finish FSH. :negative:

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Stormgale posted:

How much of it was rowena turn in vs leves, did you have an order?

I just finished today with 19 leves left over... I did burn a lot of leves just on vendor gear to get through levels.

GSM and CUL I did a lot of collectables, but otherwise they were usually too expensive or not worth it to bother with. If you can HQ leves it's like 280-400k per and is super fast.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Failboattootoot posted:

Fish is really easy now. The early collectables are so easy to spam.

That's what I hear, but still FSH has always been blah to me. Hopefully I can just spend a week on it and be done.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Leal posted:

How many stacks of titanium, rainbow cotton and 3.0 linen would you recommend for leveling classes?

A metric shitton of Titanium.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

There. Done with everything important. Fisher was surprisingly quick (50 > 60 in like 2 days).

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Arrgytehpirate posted:

That's crazy! I'm only 60 Culinarian and 59 fishing (I'll finish tonight) but I only started like 2 weeks before HW. I'm gonna do Weaver and Carpenter when I get the leves for it. I'm hoping I can turn a tidy profit selling food for tomorrow./

EDIT: Alchemy has good skills too right? Ugggh omnicrafting is gonna take me forever.

ALC gets Comfort Zone at 50 and that's pretty key, but other than that ALC really just owns because so many different classes use compenents from it.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

It works.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
I started on Friday night with ~3 folklore books worth of scrip tokens done, and told myself that I wanted to get 5 by the end of the weekend.

I may have gone overboard. :(

Just 3 to go for FSH!

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Boten Anna posted:

It really sounds like the airship explorations are purpose-designed as content for these people who won't shut the gently caress up about XIV not being XI Reborn or otherwise that there's no bullshit open world content for assholes to piss all over each other and ruin each other's lives constantly, ever. Please look forward to a massive, massive timesink.

I'm so ready.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Suitaru posted:

whoa whoa hold the phone

that's a loving ghrah in pharos sirius

awww poo poo' we're goin back to sea, baby!

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
People votekick in Seal Rock for the most ridiculous poo poo. I got kicked once for saying, "we're going to lose if we go there", and I've seen people get kicked for "AFK" because they were at the spawn when someone checked the map... Because they had just died. Basically it's scary to PVP if you aren't in a party who's able to block you getting kicked... Otherwise it's usually best to just not say anything.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

I love MCH in PVP god drat.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Fister Roboto posted:

You wouldn't have had that one death if you hadn't been cackling like a madman.

I HAD TO KILL THE SUMMONER. KILL #9.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Martman posted:

Pretty sure I've been in at least one match with you going 12/0. Battle fever gets pretty ridiculous...

Real talk I never get kills with ranged LB I am bad.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
ninja is fuckin wonderful now.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

All that hard work... wasted :negative:

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Nipponophile posted:

That's not wasted. You're 1/4 of the way towards your penguin!

I just wanted to be a winner like my mom always tells me I am.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
You get 30 games per tourney and the match making is through the DF so unless you and a friend are the only people queueing there's no real way to farm them besides playing. You only need... 4? tourneys with 10+ wins to get the Penguin.

...but you should be playing anyways because Lord of Verminion owns bones.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Elentor posted:

Are you guys queuing with a friend? I haven't had a single tournament queue pop. Or any pvp queue for that matter.

Nope, I did half on the weekend and the rest last night with random (unfortunately low-ranked) people.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
Had a really good NIN in my EXDR today:

500DPS. :negative:

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Hated all the 3.2 NIN glamour options so I had to go back to good 'ol adders set. Hopefully there's lots of good stuff this time around...!

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

I need dis real bad.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
Weeping City of Mhach is going to be hell on earth with pubs, but is nonetheless glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
See you all in Vegas!!

• Locked thread