Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazed posted:

Post your glamour(s) while we wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I was just in this area yesterday and the npcs there say something about it being a closed gate housing community or whatever, so maybe they found some way to increase capacity and are making a bunch of houses for poor people in this patch and planning some more expensive houses that are actually in the cities for the future expansions

Lemon-Lime posted:

Also, I really need to get some glamours going on, the 50 WAR set looks horrible: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/13098825/

just get the dyeable version, monster hunter is rad :colbert:

Kwyndig posted:

Oh, are we sharing entry to Ishgard screens?

Here's mine:

I don't have any recent pictures though.

spoilers that alphinaud finally puts on a coat and most spoilers that the best scion with the least annoying voice actor goes w you :colbert:

Sentient Data posted:

Heads up to anyone on ps4, newegg released promo codes that make download versions of hw :10bux: and arr+hw :20bux:

Hw: EMCEKEK26
Arr+hw: EMCEKEK27

:eng99:

Prism posted:

Well OK.

And a bonus, because I don't know what's up with the Steps of Faith lighting that makes it so different than anywhere else. Also, no hat.

the real tech is the lighting in bowl of embers
it makes basically every item in the game look rad
bowl of embers run just for glamor screenshots right

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Smart Car posted:

That's because the servers are down right now for a patch.

Technically it's because the Mog Station is also down during this maintenance. Usually you can log in during maintenance and it will show you a grayed out "Play" button, possibly patching first if the patch is available. Which is what has people confused: getting error messages during maintenance isn't normal.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Not enough rings and chains.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I'm not a catgirl as depicted anymore, but nonetheless I found a great Monk glamour the hidden Dancer job.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Before that I had the High Mythrite Fending chest with Creed pieces and the Midan legs. Nice contrast to the usual long coat. It's metallic gold because Setalla dyed the chest and I had to match. (Photobombed by a fellow DGKK Roegadame)

I wasn't expecting to pop up in any of these pictures, but for the curious since I don't have a picture of it handy my PLD glamour is now the 58 tanking set dyed hunter green. I enjoy the bulky armor look without being the tin cans of lower levels and some of the metallic armors look pretty good in plainer colors.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Not even remotely recent, but this was my monk glamour for a long while.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nipponophile posted:

Not enough rings and chains.

I agree, we need more jewelry slots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where are the new item sets from the patch notes from?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They don't specify, but my money is on crafted being from Master V books, probably bought with cups/dice

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I forgot to take a screenshot but I decided to use goth punchman glamour for a bit since I recently fell in love with Monk.

This shot from the Hildy quest is the best I've got:

Edit: Even though I totally forgot about it through most of this patch cycle I really shouldn't have. The new(but old?) Hildy quest has some really nice camerawork in it.

Zweihander01 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 7, 2016

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I only have this

And only the hat is glamours

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
not spooky

kinda spooky

really spooky

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The texture on my dress failed to load once.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Xenoveritas posted:

Technically it's because the Mog Station is also down during this maintenance. Usually you can log in during maintenance and it will show you a grayed out "Play" button, possibly patching first if the patch is available. Which is what has people confused: getting error messages during maintenance isn't normal.

Maybe I'm not understanding something, but I can still log in to Mogstation, but I can't even get the launcher to load.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I get that we can check out the world status through http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/ , but is there a page to watch aside from this thread and reddit to see when the patcher will work?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Sentient Data posted:

I get that we can check out the world status through http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/ , but is there a page to watch aside from this thread and reddit to see when the patcher will work?

https://arrstatus.com

Also I will post some glamour pictures once I get lunch-dinner.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Lobsterman posted:

Maybe I'm not understanding something, but I can still log in to Mogstation, but I can't even get the launcher to load.

Uh, can you not even get to the part where you log in? Because you should still see the login part, you just can't log in.

I have no idea how Square Enix has their backend set up but I'm assuming that the login portion of the launcher being down is related to the Mog Station maintenance because usually you can log in without any errors and I don't recall them explicitly mentioning Mog Station maintenance with a patch before. This is new for this patch cycle.

Although it may instead be tied in with their Lodestone maintenance that's happening at the same time and won't end until 8PM PDT. So maybe try logging in after that and seeing if it magically starts working?

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Xenoveritas posted:

Uh, can you not even get to the part where you log in? Because you should still see the login part, you just can't log in.

I have no idea how Square Enix has their backend set up but I'm assuming that the login portion of the launcher being down is related to the Mog Station maintenance because usually you can log in without any errors and I don't recall them explicitly mentioning Mog Station maintenance with a patch before. This is new for this patch cycle.

Although it may instead be tied in with their Lodestone maintenance that's happening at the same time and won't end until 8PM PDT. So maybe try logging in after that and seeing if it magically starts working?

I was managing to get the launcher to open earlier, with the version check error if I tried to actually log in, but now I get the same error just opening the launcher. I'll check again at 8 PDT I guess.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Xenoveritas posted:

No. That's why I posted earlier. Apparently this is correct. I'll worry about it tomorrow.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
The launcher also needs to be updated before it'll open, and you can't do that yet. It should be up for download a few hours before the servers are up.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

Hated all the 3.2 NIN glamour options so I had to go back to good 'ol adders set. Hopefully there's lots of good stuff this time around...!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't have good photos, so these will have to do. Here's my healing set:

Top two parts are the WoD chest and hat. Legs and boots are hailstorm healer (I kind of need to find something better).

My tank gear:

That's the i180 PvP Behemoth King set, dyed blue, plus the mask from the ARR beast tribe final quest. I also just got my 2nd anima because I have no life.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Hivac posted:

I think it was a Linen Sarouel, Dhalmelskin Shoes, Initiate's Gloves(? one of those models), Flat Cap, and some low level MCH gun that i don't remember because they all look the same in my head, maybe Steel-barreled Musketoon for the first outfit. I pretty much went off of the Flat Cap for the entire thing but I wasn't entirely happy about it

The second one is the sky pirate aiming torso which was what I derived from, Dhalmelskin Halfgloves of Crafting, I think Orthodox Trousers of Aiming, Sharlayan Conservator's Boots (I kinda wanted something else but it's the one that kinda worked the most for me), and an Adamantite Revolver (I switched between that and a Ferdinand depending on my mood).

Thanks a lot! I'll have to keep these in mind.

Anyway, in keeping with the spirit of the discussion, I guess I'll share my glamorous catgirl:

I wish I could drop the scarf on this piece, because I have a black leather choker that would really complete my gay biker catgirl look.

I really loved this glamour and I want to bring it back at some point, but part of the fun was everyone dressing up in their kimono.

I went with this glamour for a little while because it's basically summer and I thought it'd be fun to go with a summer outfit, but I couldn't get used to the new hairstyle and I dropped the glamour yesterday because I want to go with something a little more serious for the 3.3 story stuff. I don't know if I'll revisit it but it was fun!

I was using this healer glamour before the summer outfit and it's what I've switched back to for 3.3. It's basically a Japanese high school boy's uniform (with heels, because I have a hard time not using Archaeoskin boots in all of my glamours). You can die the tabard pure black and it'll all be the same color, but if you use soot black, it looks a little like the Persona 4 outfit, so I stuck with that!

My cowboy Machinist outfit. I'm actually on the unglamoured Hallowed Ramie Aiming set right now, but I think I'm going to go back to this for a while because I got really into it.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

jellycat posted:

I was using this healer glamour before the summer outfit and it's what I've switched back to for 3.3. It's basically a Japanese high school boy's uniform (with heels, because I have a hard time not using Archaeoskin boots in all of my glamours). You can die the tabard pure black and it'll all be the same color, but if you use soot black, it looks a little like the Persona 4 outfit, so I stuck with that!

I like this one!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I like this one a lot and keep going back to it.

But not as much as i keep defaulting back to this one.

with or without the fancy hat

Bonus MNK leveling outfit with a different hairstyle.

I gotta take some more dynamic shots, have to remind myself to just mash that prntscrn button a lot more.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

LibrarianCroaker posted:

The texture on my dress failed to load once.

People would pay insane amounts of gil and real money for that dye, the blackest of black.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jinh posted:

People would pay insane amounts of gil and real money for that dye, the blackest of black.

Hell yeah, i'd pay for a vantablack or fuligin dye.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

GloomMouse posted:

I like this one!

Aww, thank you! I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, lol.
It's just the Company Tabard, Best Man's Slacks, Archaeoskin Halfboots (which you could also swap out for Best Man's Gaiters), and Oval Reading Glasses (of course), so it should be very easy to replicate!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh god i need it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zye-ZUiMMU

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

I need dis real bad.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

jellycat posted:

Thanks a lot! I'll have to keep these in mind.

Lodestone's up so here's the 2nd one close up

Turns out it was trousers of the lost thief instead

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I love this stupid game.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

There is a disturbing lack of highlander dudes in these glamour shots.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

King, King, King Gainer

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

a kitten posted:

FFXIV Cosplay is good.

I'm currently glamoured to look like Cobra Commander but I don't have a screenshot of it :effort:

You have to use the fro or some other hairstyle died blue for the 'helmet' though when using the A6S mask so it's kinda iffy.

Alder posted:

i liked TLR :sigh:

I like bad games too, don't worry. Just not TLR, because holy gently caress that game was poorly made. I heard the PC version unfucks a lot but I doubt it's enough. The 360 version was such a goddamn trainwreck complete with characters asking if they should train a thing and doing so may make them really powerful or loving ruin their usefulness. Like the 4 armed cat guy learning magic.

vOv posted:

Rumor has it that you need to have done most/all of the moogle quests to do the moogle beast tribe quests.

All of the MSQ quests, sure. All of those god awful side quests(which I did when leveling because kill me)? That'd be unprecedented for Beast Tribes wouldn't it?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Vil posted:

Now where do you get these jeans?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Vil posted:

Now that I know I've been slacking on taking screenshots of my fashioning I've got like, 3 glamours that need to be exposed to the internet. Once the servers come up.

I like those jeans. That looks like a great crafter glamour.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mazed posted:

Now where do you get these jeans?

IIRC they're the Zidane pants from veteran's reward.

• Locked thread