Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

nuru posted:

What's the estimated completion time?

11 PM PST

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

We did a T9 for shits and grins. Shamefully got one meteor, but about half of us weren't level 60.

What kind of DPS are other melee players getting on Alex 4?

I'm pulling around 850 as monk usually, without food or potions. I'm a bad though, so those numbers could probably be higher.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

Huh, why on earth is Ultimate Ballad required for Savage? I haven't done it before. I guess maybe I'll be able to get a sub-hour DF queue for it if other people are doing it but I'm not holding my breath.

Wasn't really going to do Savage anyways because I don't have a static, so I guess it doesn't matter :smith:

Savage Alex is a wanderering minstrel retelling like savage second coil isn't it? Pretty sure you had to do ultima hard for that too.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Minrad posted:

Esoterics can indeed be traded for ilvl 200 weapons. They cost 990, or just under two weeks' worth.

It's just over two weeks actually, since the weekly cap is 450.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Frog Act posted:

So I just reactivated my subscription, it was actually super easy and SE support recovered my info for me in less than ten minutes. Is there any room left in the alt guild since I'm sure I've been purged from PBC for inactivity

There's plenty of space in TPT, look for the <EULA> tag to apply.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there a way to respec my chocobo companion? And is it possible to have more than one chocobo (or have one with multiple specs)?

You can buy reagan peppers to respec from the hunt guy at the grand company hq for like 20 allied seals or also for 48k gc seals from that vendor.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Do I have to do fracture as a drg? Please say no.

Last I checked it was a dps loss.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Whizbang posted:

Do you want to be Kain or Yang Zell?

Who wouldn't?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Any of you goons out there interested in this game but don't want to spend the money to try it out? Since I want the twintania mount and don't have enough friends who play MMOs to refer I purchased 2 extra copies to register for the mount. I figure why not give those codes to some goons who might be interested, all you would need to do is use my recruit a friend code when you set up an account. If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

So currently my monk has the esoterics weapon, chest, and ring and alex normal gear in the rest of the slots. Is there an optimal order to buy the other esoterics gear in, or am I fine with any order?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Sirbloody posted:

Also what is a good server to play on? I am going to buy a Heavensward key and start over and she can join me if she wants. I used to play on Ultros (and Gilgamesh wish her).

The main server that goons play on is Excalibur. It's a pain in the rear end to make a character on Excal, but it's worth it if you don't mind getting up early/staying up late to do it.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Are there any good crafting sites where I can list out multiple items I want to craft and it breaks down all the items I need for them? That way I don't have to go one by one through the list and write down all the mats I need. I could make one trip to the market board instead of having to keep returning.

https://ffxivcrafting.com

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

So do we know when the EU servers are being moved to the EU? Sorry if it has already happened, all the info from a quick Google search was from pre-HW.

I think they said some time in October.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Eerkik posted:

Finally got around to buying ARR and Heavensward to upgrade my trial account, now I'm stoked to getm y potion of fantasia because I made a catboy and I Regret. Do I get that at the end of the free month / beginning of first paid month or do I have to wait for my first paid month to end? I can't decide between lalafel and the new race anyway so this gives me time to decide but being a catboy for another a month is hard

You should get it as soon as you pay for your first month.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Velveteen posted:

Now that I have a Scholar at lv 60, I'm thinking of the next job to play. Probably a melee DPS or tank. I got my thaumaturge to 26 to get swiftcast and it was the most boring thing ever as all I did was spam fire 1 until my fingers broke off. So goons, whats a fun melee class that has a lot of buttons I can push to give the illusion of difficulty?

Monk

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Vil posted:

Can we have a bunch of roegadyn pictures please?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

eggrolled posted:

... Is that a moogle pom sticking out of that afro?

I think that's just the tip the finger holding the sheet up.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Bmac32 posted:

Will the afro have a chocobo chick hiding in it?

If YoshiP has any sense at all it will.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Rowena and the scrip vendors

Don't kid yourself, they'll find some way to escape.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

jyrque posted:

Question about PC licenses of the game: if you have already bought ARR on Steam, created an account and played the game, can you buy non-Steam box of both ARR and HW and keep your progress? Or is an account restricted to a single PC license, be it Steam or off-Steam, meaning you'd have to in this case create a new account for your non-Steam game license?

You'd have to make a new account for the non Steam version.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Can we recruit you to PBC? I want a level 20 chicken.

Shoulda stayed bro.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

a kitten posted:

Oh, that reminds me: I just started the MNK heavenward quests and I'm curious if the outfits of those two Miqo'te NPC's are something I can get in-game.

Aren't those just dyed AF sets? If so you can buy augments to make it dyeable.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Do any of the new MSQs have trials? I saw in the preview that Ravana was back.

Also, what happens to Fractal / Neverreap? It's not being added to HLDR, and isn't in the EXDR rotation. RIP those dungeons, I guess.

Aren't they making a new lvl 60 roulette?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Velthice posted:

worht it. also servers are up

Does it come with the blasters?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Thundarr posted:

I foresee a lot of unsynched AK Hard speedruns for poetics in my future.

I'm pretty sure you don't get poetics for unsynced runs.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

rio posted:

I subbed so that I can join the guild, registered on the forum etc. and looks like now I just need to get in one in game. Any difference between the three guilds? I'm closest to Mist so the third one looks like it will be the most straightforward of the three.

They're all pretty comparable, but TPT has the best house so you should go with them.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Guyz, can I get an invite? (Excalibur, Iam Craig)

http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27222

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, so long as it isn't a goon FC.

That same person tried getting into at least one of the goon FCs today.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Didn't even know about this. Well I bought the game and that gave me 30 days. I'm on PS4. To be honest I'm not even positive on how the subscription works. I think I gotta buy one of those gift card type things. Is it too late?

You can apply a recruitment code as long as you have not purchased any sub time past the 30 days that comes with the game.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Samba De Amigo posted:

Is the FFXIV monk artwork a Hyur or a Roe.

Hyur, lorewise monks are from Ala Mhigo and Ala Mhigans are Hyur. Also that's a Hyur hairstyle.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

What does Second Wind do? Reraise?

It's a self heal.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Archyduke posted:

I believe you also get a pretty nice unicorn for getting Conjurer to 30.

The unicorn mount is ugly and terrible.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

kaempfer0080 posted:

I own ARR on PC. If I buy ARR + Heavensward on my PS4, can I play it on PC as well? If not, then I commend SE for their witchcraft.

Need a copy of Heavensward for both PC and PS4.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Pierson posted:

Is there any kind of market for re-selling housing plots? I don't play enough to justify re-subbing solely to stop demolition but that's a lot of gil to lose.

You get 80% back if you're house gets demolished. Although you do have to claim it within 35 days.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Kibner posted:

I remember there being bitching on the oforums that there was no bust slider for lalafell.

There is a bust slider for lalafell, it just does nothing.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/39b281ab7ceec4e29728603154cb41e03aaf394e

Looks like we might not need to beat story mode for savage this time.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Patch Trailer's up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZET2yYZLN8

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

So if this translation is accurate it looks like the lb changes they shoving through won't be quite as lovely as what they were originally planning for 3.1

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/45exa9/32_limit_break_changes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

You should spend them on unidentified things because I guarantee that they will not cost 1/4 of what they currently do in esoterics.

If previous patches are any indication they'll cost half as many esos as they did law, so at an exchange rate of 4:1 they'll essentially cost double.

• Locked thread