Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tolth posted:

Can someone explain to me, as a relative newbie, why Fracture is a thing?

It exists to trigger Belzac.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I believe in 2.0 fracture was worth it on dragoon, though the first round of buffs in 2.1 ended that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Was gonna post this

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All the level 60 content is super rad, I have no regrets about skipping all the cutscenes. I'll probably go back and watch them in the inn eventually, gotta get fisher to 60 so I can play the real endgame.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fat_Cow posted:

I'm at 57 currently should I just do the MSQ till it's red then pound out side quests? Also either I am blind but I haven't found one quest that rewards bracers

Doing every side quest and lldr once per day will get you to 58 and two thirds or so when the msq wants you to be 59, with no gaps at lower levels. This will happen again for level 60. If you're earlier than that, just do lldr or quests, if you're there, run dungeons.

Also remember the new personal hunts unlocked at 53, 56, and 59 give a good chunk of exp and a head start on getting the carbontwine/carboncoat equivalent.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can Wanderer's Requiem be used alongside other songs? If not, is it even a bigger buff than Foe's Requiem if you have a BLM/SMN in the party?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All Bards should just switch to Summoner and Dragoon, Geiskogul and Deathflare are basically the coolest.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

fadam posted:

What level are the EX Primal weapons?

Bismarck is 175, Ravana is 190. For comparison, unupgrade tomestone weapons are 170, and they upgrade to 180.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also, there's an amazing bug right now where fishers treat maps like normal--you can get any number of them and they can be hq. I fished up like 15 wyvernskin maps in two hours today.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Seems like the square-enix store has sent out its expansion codes. Check your promotional tab if you use gmail.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
And of note re: the smn situation, it was in a really weird situation where it had like 3 actually useful moves that scholar didn't have, and scholar probably spent the entirety of 2.x being a little bit too good. There wasn't really a good way to buff summoner without also buffing scholar.

Heavensward fixed that, obviously, by giving them five more moves to distinguish them from scholar, and making them all loving baller as hell.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

quote:

・An issue wherein fishing in Heavensward areas would allow obtaining timeworn maps over the allowed limit.

gently caress. It was good while it lasted.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Has anyone found any vendors that sell crafting/gathering gear past the level 55 stuff in Churning Mists?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mikeraskol posted:

I decided to try this game out but apparently every single NA server except one is full right now? I'm assuming you can't transfer later either? Is there any way to get on Exodus?

Also the process to buy this game and get an account set up is labyrinthian and loving impossible.

You can transfer later for $18. Trying again in the middle of the night (like 4 am est) might be able to get you onto a medium population server, but the high pop ones will be locked for a while because of the expansion.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hit 60 in fsh last night, all ready for the next Dragon's Deep. As far as I can tell, it's currently impossible to get a fishing rod better than a Lucis without crafting, so that plus rightside are gonna have to wait until crafters and gatherers get their act together. Scrips handle leftside of course.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Blockhouse posted:

should I level summoner

I think I should level summoner

Summoner is definitely the raddest class now, though whether that's also the most fun to play depends on personal preferences.

e:

rock2much posted:

Was this with 18 hr days or was it pretty chill to grind up?
What needs to be crafted?

The grind was pretty chill. Fly around till you find a fishing hole where all the fish are 0-2 levels below you, then fish there for 1-3 hours till you level up.

Leftside excluding belt can be bought with scrips. Everything else has to be crafted, though there might be red scrip versions when that debuts.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

rock2much posted:

Can I collect tomes of law before I finish the MSQ?

You can start collecting them as soon as you're level 60 I believe. Though there's only like two MSQs left by that point.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jia posted:

Monkchat: is there ever a reason I'd want to use Purification while Invigorate exists?

In long fights with high uptime (T8, T11), invigorate isn't enough by itself, and you might not have a bard/ninja to give you more TP.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

Apparently during "Hyper Electricity" weather in Azys La, coil bosses are spawning as unmarked boss FATEs. So far people have spotted The Avatar, Raff, and Melusine, youtube video is coming shortly.

I have no idea how to react to this.

Does Melusine have shriek, this is important

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Personally, I'm gonna go back and rewatch the cutscenes in the inn once things have died down and I don't have much to do. I don't really have any regrets about skipping through everything, though--for me, the max-level stuff is the game, and all the low-level poo poo is the tax I have to pay to get the game I actually want.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Minrad posted:

I can't run out of rested exp. :psyduck:

SCH to 52 and two new jobs to 33, the rested exp don't stop.

Level fisher, it'll be gone in no time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

wfwon posted:

Is Heavensword a new expansion you need to buy? If so, and if my character is no where near max pre-expansion, should I just wait til I reach the max before getting the new one (unless it is mandatory). Slowly browsing through all the threads here while waiting for live chat so I can try to retrieve my old account back (my old email was deactivated).

Don't buy Heavensward until you hit the end of the story available without it, unless you absolutely cannot live without being a lizardgirl.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Annath posted:

I resubbed after being informed that despite being free, Rift is now steaming garbage.

My highest level character is level 22, on Excalibur. I was planning on going for Dragoon, but if thats actually lame/not fun I guess I can switch it up.

DRG is cool, be a DRG. It's one of the classes (along with like black mage) where it's easier to do first because the rotation is kinda boring early on, so you should deal with that while you're still starry-eyed with other parts of the game.

quote:

Tell me who to talk to/what to do/what things are cool and new and awesome since like patch 2.3 or something (the last time I played).
Off the top of my head, the new stuff that affects low-level players in 2.4-2.55 is the addition of the ninja class and the gold saucer. Maybe some other stuff but I can't remember.

quote:

Also, what things to do get from patch 3.0 just for owning the game, and what requires Heavensward to get?

Practically nothing at level 50 or lower. Basically the ability to create Au Ra is it. Don't buy Heavensward until you finish the 2.55 story.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Annath posted:

OK, a followup question:

Is there any leveling content locked behind Heavensward, or would I be perfectly fine with the base game until I get to the endgame content of ARR?

E: answered beautifully above. Thanks y'all!

Game is installing now. Once I get in, who do I stalk to get into the/a Goon Guild?

Read the OP.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's annoying as a fisher because like 90% of NQ fish don't have enough collectability, but the remaining 10% do so I can't just release them back. HQ always has enough, though I assume that might be different as a crafter.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

It seems like it takes a long time to raise the beast tribe reps if you can only get 15 rep a day. Is there something I'm missing?

Beast tribes are designed to take 30 days to max out with 6 allowances. Sorry.

They upped the allowances recently, so you can do four tribes at once now. That should get four tribes in ~50 days instead of ~100 or whatever if you did them individually.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

Are there at least cool rewards at the ends (like that mount the one girl was riding with the desert-lizards-I'm-too-:effort:-to-look-up-their-name?)

You get a mount and a minion from each one, and a kinda neat I guess glamour hat if you do all of them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

KoB posted:

The Professional
Gentle(wo)man
Z
The Post(wo)man

If you don't have Of Dragon's Deep you're a casual.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope goldsmiths and miners get their act together soon on Ultros, it's a pain in the rear end not being able to buy goblin jigs or (especially) bladed steel jigs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rincewind posted:

The only time anybody ever mentioned me being badly geared in this game was a healer apologizing for not realizing I was still at a low ilevel after after asking for bigger pulss and then letting me die. :shobon:

Even though sometimes full PUGs bungle mechanics or fail to beat bosses or wipe a bunch of times, I've hardly ever seen anybody get nasty about it.

Anyway! What cross-class abilities should I be using as MCH? I'm only like 34 or so, but I want to get into good habits.

I don't play the class, but looking at the options, it should be:

Invigorate, Blood for Blood, Hawk's Eye, Raging Strikes, Quelling Strikes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

abraham linksys posted:

Do you get any significant XP rewards from doing various patched-in/hard mode 2.x dungeons for the first time? I have like 20 I'd need to to do to unlock the High Level Duty Roulette, but I figure I'll just save them until I hit level 60 and need more content to mess with unless there's a decent XP reward for me at level 57

You get no exp from them. You'll want to have them unlocked though, because high level roulette is a significant chunk of your tomestones at level 60. If you're a DPS, just queue for one while leveling up.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you run out the timer on three separate groups on easy content everyone else one-shots, have you considered that the problem might be you?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Riftling posted:

I like how I have zero incentive to do the DRG 58 or 60 quests for the abilities. Why, yes, I would like a weird AoE I can use once in a blue moon and an ability that's only purpose is to add randomization to my rotation. Seriously.

Counterpoint: geirskogul is loving rad.
You use it a bit more often than every 25 seconds on a training dummy, more like every 40 seconds in a real fight.
Stop being a baby and go save your fangirl.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If my crafters are all wearing AF and one-star gear without melds, will I be able to start leveling them up? I've heard level 51 crafts are brutal.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Eej posted:

Man if I can sit down and grind out some Bismarck EX to get glamours for friends and get myself a 175 weapon so I can spam hunts just a little less to have a decent weapon for when it's time to grind Ravanna EX I'll take it.

Doing your rank 3 daily hunts and your weekly B-rank gets you the weapon upgrade item in 4 days.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you're a fresh 50 on your first class, just keep doing the MSQ. It'll reward you with gear as you go along.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I did the quest to get my Magitek armor and now I'm making perfume and moving the scions.

When do I get to do the new content?

In about 4 patches. 2.1 is probably the lowest of the low (ending in the Mog fight) and then the rest is much more bearable.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

Are Neverreap and Fractal Continuum doable in the minimum ilvl gear to finish the story (142 IIRC) as a tank?

Also I asked earlier but never saw an answer, are tanks at 60 (especially DRKs) still wearing STR rightsides/putting their bonus stats in STR, or should I shift to VIT stuff?

They have an ilvl requirement of i142, and are perfectly doable in that for all classes. You'll have some trouble holding hate against a geared-out DPS but gently caress 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm just waiting for the FFX class sets. Well, specifically the Yuna set for summoners.

• Locked thread