Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
if it doesn't have a muscle slider it's a trash race not worth playing. exception to midlander males, who are a trash race with a muscle slider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Thumbtacks posted:

Honestly there are going to be enough DRKs that even DPS queues won't be a problem.

you should get a tank friend anyway because 99% of those drks are going to be garbage

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
speaking of ranged deeps, my static is looking for any non black mage ranged dps to fill out our roster. anyone interested should be prepared to tackle alexander savage and generally be pretty good about slamming your dick/tits/all of the above in a door repeatedly without getting mad.

make some noise in our thread: http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27369
and/or bug Holli Would or Mara Driss in game

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Etrips posted:

Is the FC on Excalibur have any active members during the night? Specifically around 7pm-7am EST.

no, of the 1000+ goons that are spead across 3 FC's because they hit the member limit on two of them, it is incredibly quiet and inactive during that time period

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
today I am cosplaying a character in a bad game

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Just play a highlady. You can look tough and/or cute, look good in all the gear and have the most expressive emotes of all of the race choices.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lookit all these white people

also I've spent what must be close to literally 100 million gil on clothes, and god dammit I'm gonna wear em whether you slut shame me or not

but seriously, playing dress up is probably far and away my favorite thing to do in this game

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

dreffen posted:

No smug look while having your sword in the ground no sale.

Hey, face 4 guy, I saw you, in idlyshire, past the group of yous by the stairs that 5 of you were standing on. I think you were standing on the rock next to yourself. I asked another you if it was you, but they said it wasn't so I just went to ishgard to craft while 20 more of you walked by

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Velthice I just bought a yukata today, I would appreciate it if you would stop selling highlander girls so well, or at least ease up until I've had a few days to enjoy it.

I took this just now. for you.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Begemot posted:

Then how are there all these Garlean soldiers using thaumaturge/conjurer skills?

Most garlean soldiers consist of the people that they've conquered. that's not to say that there aren't pure bred garleans in there, but the empire is pretty diverse now because of it.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my group is looking for a dps sub this weekend for A1S. caster preferred but we can probably make anything work. running saturday and sunday at 8:30pst to 10:30 pst. pretty low pressure stuff as long as you can pull your weight, be super chill and not be a goony goon sperg (i know that's asking a lot but please, just this once, keep that poo poo in check). if you're interested, make some noise in our thread http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27369 or bug me in game and send a tell to Holli Would

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

stop having a meltdown about bullshit

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Boten Anna posted:

Who knows what happens when I max my punchflow stacks???

you might make your first ever good post but i doubt it

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Boten Anna posted:

still waiting on yours

ah the classic "no u" *breaths in deeply*

vintage

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

did i beat the game? i think i beat the game

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Eimi posted:

Sorry to distract from Elinchat, but has there been any new info on 3.1? Either when it's coming, or ideally what changes it will actually bring?

I mean I doubt it will 'fix' what I want, but I've all but quit after the expansion as I feel that it made every dps job too complex for me to enjoy, so I'm kind of holding on 3.1 for I guess any changes. So has there been any noise on that front?

they're supposed to talk about 3.1 at tokyo game show soon, but they're probably never gonna make any dps classes simpler than they already are. if you want something simple, play monk because its basic rotation didn't change at all in 3.0, it just got a couple more off globals and a button you can press when bosses go invincible, which is all the time

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

...how long have you been waiting to make this triumphant "gotcha" post?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

Three minutes, pedophile.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
do you support fishing pacts?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Pews posted:

Should Paladins use it? They seem not very good right now.

there was a time where it was unironically okay to use fracture on a paladin, but goring blade changed that. you might as well still cross class it because what else are you gonna take, skull sunder?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i only have one shiva that i remember

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

If that's the case, how hard would it be to program the game so that it queues the group for the highest possible dungeon level? I'd rather play Aurum Vale over another Tam-Tara (I may regret these words).

Sounds like remnants of 1.0.

you silly goose, there was no duty finder in 1.0

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yo neeeerds, my static is looking for a dps sub this weekend for A2S learning/beating. a permanent spot is available if you don't suck and are a cool person. getting made fun of by seven other people is available otherwise.

interested peeps should check out our thread here for details and times http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27369

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Jia posted:

This changes once you get 30 and then 60 cards; the restrictions aren't removed entirely, but they're dramatically loosened

of course by that point, every npc you fight has the random rule so you get hosed into a hand of 1-2 star cards while they have a static deck of 4-5 star cards to wreck you with

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ignimbrite posted:

Every time I get Pharos Sirius in my HLDR I try to convince the party to kill all the eggs under the guise of skipping a mechanic

Then I sit back and laugh as the tank gets body slammed repeatedly

i liked to kill the eggs as a black mage pre mana wall nerf and would just chase people around and make the Zu splat them

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you know, i've tried to deny it since 2.0, but I just can't anymore. playing warrior is so much more fun, even at 50, hell even at 30, than paladin. it breaks my heart because I raided on it from first through final coil but i just never want to pick up paladin again even though i love the sword and board asthetic

thank you for listening

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

phosdex posted:

how can you even be a 50 whm without getting arc to 15?

pretty easily because arc doesn't stand for arcanist

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
if it doesn't have a muscle slider it's not worth playing as. exception to midlander males who are so terrible they're not worth playing as with a muscle slider either

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Dang. Wonder if I can look that good as a highlady.

please, highladies look the best in every glamour

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Just saw a pubbie beg for a raise AFTER finishing Ravana story. Dude got knocked off the platform, are pubbies really this fucling dumb?

e:typo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIwBDNDO4M

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ess-vid posted:

Oh I remember, that wasn't even one of the longer ones, as before they adjusted them there were a few that had six or even eight hour spawn cooldowns. Hours that you had to sit there doing absolutely nothing, mind, because the roving bands of Atma farmers and the people also doing Animus meant doing things like crafting was a nonstarter, since the FATE would be burned down before your skills even came off cooldown from switching classes.

Funnily enough, Animus was the OF's least hated step because Trackable Progress... lauded, of course, by people that weren't actually doing it (they were still busy whining about Atma because they didn't get the drop by the third FATE in the zone). Everyone actually doing it loving despised it for all of the forced downtime with the FATEs and world mobs.

i'll never forget the time i delayed raid by an hour because a taste of fear took six hours to spawn. yay fates

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm still the prettiest highlander character in the entire game

all other races are not as good

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

3. A Mage Tank would be awesome.

Drk is already in the game

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
event is lame but the rewards are cool

ilifinicus posted:

I'm wondering what they are thinking in terms of item level requirements for these new things. Void Ark is i175, dungeons at i170. Getting to i170 is no meager task right now, so hopefully they make that easier than mashing your head against fractal and neverreap and hunts forever

yoshida slowly choking the casual players

yea it's a pretty big jump from 145 (current experts) to 170+. hell i know some people (like me!) didn't even have the ilvl to do the last story dungeon when they get there because the msq like doesn't give out accessories at all. it's kinda bs, especially because things like void ark are specifically meant to catch people up

i also wonder if that means they're gonna dump neverfracal and the fractal continuingtonotgetthisinroulette out of the expert roulette. that'd be pretty lame so it's probably exactly what se will do

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
only having 2 dungeons in expert roulette is never going to not be lame

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ilifinicus posted:

two dungeons is not the problem, it is the poo poo they put in your way to gate you away from speedrunning that is the problem

#bringbackamdaporkeep

hahaha c'mon man that's never happening again. i know the game's called final fantasy and all but seriously at least try and be a little realistic

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I lost my bestfriend... I think
I sort of got into an argument between me and some new members of the FC, new members that my friend quickly became close with. It was obvious that he sided more with them, than with me. And while that to me is not the problem, its the fact that he didn't even ask me how I felt during that moment. I was hurt too, I too was called bad names, I too was having personal issues. Eventually, the new people left the FC. I also left, feeling responsible for the drama, but eventually came back after a long heart-to-heart talk with the FC leader and his wife.
He decided that we should spend some time apart. So I respected that, even though it was difficult for me at first. Sadly, all those thoughts in my head of being abandoned by someone who I thought had my back, grew into hate. I hated him so much, the very sight of him in the game annoyed me. Eventually, I got over that and moved on. But the sad thing is, I'm finding it difficult to care about him now.
We got to talking again a few weeks ago, but its just not the same. I feel like I don't know who he is anymore. And I don't want to blame ERP, but ever since he got into that, its not the same guy I became friends with years ago. I can't even find it in myself to say hi to him when he logs in, even though I say hi to everyone.
There have been moments when I just wanted to quit the game, or transfer to another server. If not for the other FC members that I became friends with, I would have. Tbh, I still don't know what to do. I really miss him, but its not the same "him". :(

"what? no i can't talk to them irl. my best friend and i have never actually met"

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my endgame is glamours so this patch looks like it'll be ok. not great but a solid ok

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Assizing adds on bosses in neverreap is super satisfying. Also all the bosses in fractal are basically target dummies and super boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i love wanderer's minuet and also the tears of all the terrible bards it has broken on it's muscular, rippling body. thank you SE for finally taking the baseball bat to the spastic bard's knees that i had always wanted to do myself

• Locked thread