Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Nien posted:

I play mgsv for a week or so and this is the archeage thread? Also, its the EYES you morons. Disproportioned eyes indicate that a character is a child, which is why the jrpg genre is disturbing (no matter the quality of the particular game) and freaks who dig the character models are probably on that FBI watch list.

ok.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Nien posted:

I play mgsv for a week or so and this is the archeage thread? Also, its the EYES you morons. Disproportioned eyes indicate that a character is a child, which is why the jrpg genre is disturbing (no matter the quality of the particular game) and freaks who dig the character models are probably on that FBI watch list.

you played the best game of all time for a week and it inspired you to have worse opinions than the loli enthusiast? men really do become demons

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
How do I get better starting cards for the card game. Every NPC kicks my rear end with their nicer cards.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

PaganGoatPants posted:

How do I get better starting cards for the card game. Every NPC kicks my rear end with their nicer cards.

Beat up the crappy dudes, take their slightly less crappy cards, continue into infinity. What I did back when TT came out was that I looked up a guide for beating Elmer with some basic cards and then went and got those cards and then beat Elmer for some god tier card, bahamut I think. After that it became a lot more manageable. If you don't want to play TT, you can always grind dungeon cards. Most primal fights have them.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

It is slightly annoying that you can only play one non poo poo card against NPCs while they can use as many as they like.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Not all cards come from NPCs; you may want to bookmark this site and give it a scan. You can get cards from a variety of trials, 4man, and 24man dungeons.

You want to get your hands on a 4 or 5 star card and use that as your hammer to clear the easy NPCs to amass 30 cards, unlock 2-star cards for regular use, then start on harder people. I farmed primals until I got Leviathan, myself. Levi, Shiva, Ramuh, and Odin are all really good cards that'll work fine.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

EvilTaytoMan posted:

It is slightly annoying that you can only play one non poo poo card against NPCs while they can use as many as they like.

This changes once you get 30 and then 60 cards; the restrictions aren't removed entirely, but they're dramatically loosened

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Jia posted:

This changes once you get 30 and then 60 cards; the restrictions aren't removed entirely, but they're dramatically loosened

of course by that point, every npc you fight has the random rule so you get hosed into a hand of 1-2 star cards while they have a static deck of 4-5 star cards to wreck you with

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't enjoy TT in this game very much. I think Tetra Master had more MMO potential, even though I enjoyed it less in FFIX than TT in FFVIII. I also don't think they implemented it very well, the difficulty curve was very strange. Chocobo Racing on the other hand was exactly what I expected it to be, down to the netcode.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Did anyone ever play the online version of Tetra Master that came bundled with XI? I never tried it, didn't like it in IX,certainly not enough to pay an extra € a month on top of my FFXI sub.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Meiteron posted:

Not all cards come from NPCs; you may want to bookmark this site and give it a scan. You can get cards from a variety of trials, 4man, and 24man dungeons.

You want to get your hands on a 4 or 5 star card and use that as your hammer to clear the easy NPCs to amass 30 cards, unlock 2-star cards for regular use, then start on harder people. I farmed primals until I got Leviathan, myself. Levi, Shiva, Ramuh, and Odin are all really good cards that'll work fine.

Grind the guy at costa del sol until you get a Y'Shtola/Minfilia card. Should be easy to win against him thanks to his swap + sudden death ruleset. Then use that card to bulldoze your way to victory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2xmutr/triple_triad_npc_conquest_the_road_to_squall/

This guide is good doit get squall.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://imgur.com/a/bRNl0 loving hell that's a lot of money

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

One of the billionaires I'd imagine

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is a lot of money and time or both.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

sword_man.gif posted:

this kind of thing should make it totally okay to commit someone to involuntary care

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Can someone explain it to those of us who aren't familiar with the madness that is HW crafting?

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

vOv posted:

Can someone explain it to those of us who aren't familiar with the madness that is HW crafting?

Each piece of each set is several million gil in materials/ on the MB

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

vOv posted:

I can only speak to Sargatanas market prices, so bear with me on that.

The biggest thing standing in the way of getting the i170 crafting gear is time. Every craft requires materials that cost Red Scrip Tokens to get, and you can only get 9 Red Scrip Tokens per week - if you've been capping them out every week since they hit, you'd have 90, since this is the tenth week since red scrips could be had. You can, however, buy the materials off of someone else, so money can substitute for time. A crafted scrip mat tends to run about 2,000,000 gil. This person has a full set of HQ i170 crafting accessories, and then full HQ i170 AF, mainhand, and offhand items for every crafting class. Even if they nailed every craft on the first try, a mainhand takes 4 mats, an offhand takes 3, body and pants are 4 each, and hat, gloves, and boots are 3 each. So this person has used at least 202 Red Scrip Tokens worth of materials - easily 400,000,000 gil worth.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's also worth noting that none of that gear is currently required to make anything in the game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you're in TPT, have a bird in the stable, and haven't checked on them in a while you should. More than half of the birds in the TPT box are capped and need to be taken for a walk.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

We're begging you to take out your bird and kill thing. Any thing. Just one thing. Then we can make your bird fat on carrots some more.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Here's an unpleasant truth: To want, motivates efforts to gain. To have, inspires no action.

I see an ominous parallel between Cataclysm and Heavensward. WoW Cata is generally regarded as the first moment WoW slipped up badly enough to precipitate a mass exodus - everybody knows that bit, already. Have you asked yourself why?

Plenty of players will tell you "oh, yeah, I quit at Cata, it sucked", but they'll seldom have concrete reasons behind it. They know it sucked, but lack the words to describe how the game ceased to be compelling for them. This isn't because they don't know a good game from a bad one - it's because Cataclysm did right when it should have done wrong.

Cataclysm streamlined the raid environments to an extreme degree, and ensured that absolutely everyone could experience everything the game had to offer without great investment in one's character or the server's raiding community. It gave players everything it had on a silver platter, and they didn't need to work for what they got. This was met with satisfaction, on the surface. It seemed good, at first.

And then, having been carried up the mountain, the player base found itself with nothing to motivate them to climb. Higher numbers is a meaningless and shallow motivator - real excitement from getting a piece of equipment comes from knowing that it can help you on your journey to see and do greater things. So, having seen all there is to see, players quit en masse, confused and disenfranchised by the hollowness of their journey.

Cataclysm gave players what they thought they wanted, and that was how it dealt the first mortal wound to WoW.

Now, let's talk about Heavensward - having outlined the above, I can keep this part of my post brief. Heavensward has undergone an uncannily similar metamorphosis - developers, concerned that the majority of the player base hasn't scaled the mountains that were set before them, gave the players the opportunity to have a ride up.

Look at this story, and look at the forums. Now look back at the story, and again, back at the forums. Look at the confusion on the forums. Look at the disagreement. Why is it there, now that this game caters to all play-styles? Ask yourself, does this look like a group of people who know what they want, collectively?

Does this look right to you? I never cleared 40-man Naxx, and that fact never pushed me from vanilla WoW. It was always hanging overhead: the promise of further adventure.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Technogeek posted:

Here's an unpleasant truth: To want, motivates efforts to gain. To have, inspires no action.

I see an ominous parallel between Cataclysm and Heavensward. WoW Cata is generally regarded as the first moment WoW slipped up badly enough to precipitate a mass exodus - everybody knows that bit, already. Have you asked yourself why?

Plenty of players will tell you "oh, yeah, I quit at Cata, it sucked", but they'll seldom have concrete reasons behind it. They know it sucked, but lack the words to describe how the game ceased to be compelling for them. This isn't because they don't know a good game from a bad one - it's because Cataclysm did right when it should have done wrong.

Cataclysm streamlined the raid environments to an extreme degree, and ensured that absolutely everyone could experience everything the game had to offer without great investment in one's character or the server's raiding community. It gave players everything it had on a silver platter, and they didn't need to work for what they got. This was met with satisfaction, on the surface. It seemed good, at first.

And then, having been carried up the mountain, the player base found itself with nothing to motivate them to climb. Higher numbers is a meaningless and shallow motivator - real excitement from getting a piece of equipment comes from knowing that it can help you on your journey to see and do greater things. So, having seen all there is to see, players quit en masse, confused and disenfranchised by the hollowness of their journey.

Cataclysm gave players what they thought they wanted, and that was how it dealt the first mortal wound to WoW.

Now, let's talk about Heavensward - having outlined the above, I can keep this part of my post brief. Heavensward has undergone an uncannily similar metamorphosis - developers, concerned that the majority of the player base hasn't scaled the mountains that were set before them, gave the players the opportunity to have a ride up.

Look at this story, and look at the forums. Now look back at the story, and again, back at the forums. Look at the confusion on the forums. Look at the disagreement. Why is it there, now that this game caters to all play-styles? Ask yourself, does this look like a group of people who know what they want, collectively?

Does this look right to you? I never cleared 40-man Naxx, and that fact never pushed me from vanilla WoW. It was always hanging overhead: the promise of further adventure.

Unironically agreed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Technogeek posted:

put this in the op

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Unironically agreed.

Cataclysm was a massive difficulty jump from WotLK, though? Part of the reason it lost so many subscribers was because WotLK attracted a much more casual playerbase, and then Cataclysm came out and basically made it near-impossible for them to raid (until raid finder came out, but that was near the end of the expansion).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Technogeek posted:

Everyone being able to do dungeons and accessibility is good actually

Inaccessible raids is dumb poo poo for idiot shutin grognards

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anything is accessible if you're willing to put in the effort.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Anything is accessible if you're willing to put in the effort.

Your grognard is showing

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's bad, actually

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh no!

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
They want FFXIV to actually regress into vanilla wow. That's funny.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you like attunements and 40 man raids and "working for something" in your mmo then lol

poo poo sucks, the only reason "hardcore raiding" and poo poo has a community at all is because there are plenty of kids in school and jobless adults with nothing to do

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I play an anime catgirl MMO for thousands of hours but I don't want to put any effort into playing because only nerds do that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

I play an anime catgirl MMO for thousands of hours but I don't want to put any effort into playing because only nerds do that.

i dont play anime catgirl MMOs for thousands of hours, im sorry you put yourself through that though

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I play an anime dragongirl mmo for thousands of hours thank you very much

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but if I theoretically had played an anime catgirl mmo for thousands of hours id want to have fun doing it instead of grognardy poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

I play an anime dragongirl mmo for thousands of hours thank you very much

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I hear wildstar's going free to play. That might be more up your alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Fister Roboto posted:

nerd

• Locked thread