Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
God I wish I knew who used my RAF code so I could find out if they subbed enough for me to get Twintania immediately.

I also wish I'd taken all of Friday off work instead of just the afternoon, those hours are going to be the slowest in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Well thats what I get for just assuming the email from Squeenix was 100% correct.

It was, it's about to turn 8:15 GMT.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
https://www.diffchecker.com/zciygvnb

Differences between preliminary and full notes. As you can see there's not exactly a wealth of new stuff in the full notes.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 19, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Holy poo poo. They made Radiant Shield an AoE party buff!

That has serious potential in phases where the tank takes a lot of hits.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
A new Odin-like Fate spawned in Dranavian Forelands on Hyperion and I had to teleport out cause actions were taking like 10 seconds to fire off (I'm going relatively slowly so new to the zone and had no idea how to get to it).

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Apparently Ysayle loses her skirt after she loses to Ravana (a little nsfw I guess?)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Is there any point to using Ruin 3 right now? 40 more potency than Ruin for 6 times the cost. I know Dreadwyrm Trance is going to lower the MP cost a ton but right now I've got a cool looking spell that would run me dry of mp so fast. Guess for solo fights in the field I can use it cause fights aren't long and I can regen between them but for boss fights it seems like a trap.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

bhsman posted:

So a friend of mine, who recently bought the game, is already at level 50 with Dragoon and still hasn't finished the ARR storyline. When I asked him why, he said that he's just going to wait until he buys Heavensward so he can just be level 56 or so (his words) by the time he starts the expansion. I keep telling him that he would be better off just doing the questline now so he doesn't have to wait, but he's being pretty stubborn about it. Is there anything I can say to convince him to at least finish the ARR storyline?

I mentioned the Hildebrand questlines, but he just said "I've already unlocked all the game mechanics I care about, I don't want to waste the EXP" like it was a junkie. It's weird b/c he's super-interested in the overall story but just straight-up refuses to touch anything until he can afford Heavensward. Admittedly he's leveling other classes with the 100% exp bonus in the meantime, but still.

Tell him the exp won't go to waste cause you don't need to have Heavensward to level past 50.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

bhsman posted:

That's what I'm saying: He refuses to progress on the 2.0 storyline (he's around the level 46 quests IIRC) before buying Heavensward, and he already has a level 50 character.

Wait what? You said he doesn't want to waste the exp and that's why he's not levelling, but he would get the exp and be able to level to 51 even before he gets heavensward.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

bhsman posted:

Let me clarify then: He doesn't have Heavensward, but does have a level 50. However, he doesn't want to do any of the 2.1-2.55 stuff because he thinks it'll give him an advantage once he gets Heavensward, even if that means putting off Castrum and Prae.

Your friend is not only wrong but literally doesn't make any sense.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I just unlocked Dreadwyrm Trance and I think I had a religious experience.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

johnny park posted:

Oh. So is there a point to using Fuma Shuriken at all, then? I figured they wouldn't just give you a straight replacement skill 5 levels later.

There were a couple of enemies in final coil who you would rather use Fuma Shuriken on and they had statuses in their buff/debuff markers that stated they took reduced magic damage. Other than that, yeah Raiton is a complete replacement for Fuma Shuriken.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Minrad posted:

So someone pointed out that there's rocks shaped like Alexander at all the spots in the barrier where his head and his other arm will probably peek out.

http://imgur.com/a/6N9jN

:psyduck:

Alexander hasn't popped his arm out for me yet and I went to take a peak. Surprising absolutely nobody both sides have the shaped rocks.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Has anyone else with a female character noticed that the characters in Ishgard randomly change from calling you Mistress to Master partway through the story?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Truga posted:

Never had this myself. Maybe it's connected to (recent?) fantasia use?

Never used a fantasia ever. /shrug

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Holy poo poo I just got to Azys Lla and I'm freaking out at everything that happens or that anyone says.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 29, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Velveteen posted:

I've unlocked the first three beast race quests now. Stupid game making me care about them with stories but can't continue unless I gain reputation. You get the cute plant people that you help and quest with for the majority of your 20's so obviously you can't abandon them. Plus they talk adorably. There are also the ixals and kobolds which are not as cool as the sylphs because they were your enemies the majority of the game. The other two are still level locked for me. You only get 3 quests a day and they reward you with 15 reputation each. Its going to take years to rank up! Outside of interesting mounts there are no reason to do them right?

The quest you get for maxing rank in all five tribes is a treasure.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Boten Anna posted:

There's a certain part of the story where you are granted the title of Master by one of the characters, if you were paying attention.

I like to think I was paying a reasonable amount of attention but I don't recall that detail, when does it happen?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Tataru what the gently caress are you doing?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

CuddlyZombie posted:

Red mage doesn't get Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, but Flame, Frost, and Fulgur. and Fcure

There problem solved.

Fsteak?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Well that final story trial was certainly an amazing beautiful thing.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Exp loss on death was very much a thing in FFXI.

There were different levels of Raise that made you lose less exp total but even with the best tier you still lost exp.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Technogeek posted:

If at any time you start to feel like you don't get how SMN works, take heart, for at least you aren't the poster of this thread:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/245755-smn-dreadwyrm-trance.-To-me-it-is-useless.-Help-me-to-understand-how-to-use-it.

quote:

The way I understand it, you have to build III stacks of aethertrail attunement. In order to build these stacks you have to use bane, fester, or energy drain. Well, according to my rotation, these skills are situational and never used abundantly.

:suicide:

Votekick this person from the game.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So the boss of the first part of Alexander is literally the last boss of Sonic 2.

Here's my video guide.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 7, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I have no idea if I did it right but Floor 2 of Alexander is the greatest fight in MMO history.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Opposing Farce posted:

It seems like it's really easy for things to become a clusterfuck without good tank coordination and any clusterfuck you can walk away from is a good time.

I wasn't paying any attention to that cause I was too busy running around on a steampunk Tachikoma dragging bombs away from everyone and shooting the big things with my cannon.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Speaking of DRK I just completed the level 50 quest. God drat that whole story was fantastic, I went in expecting Greatsword Batman and instead I got to experience my character having a psychotic break.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 12, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

vOv posted:

Curses, we've fallen right into the puppetmaster's trap!

I think I'm going to level up SMN for a while; I have it at 50 because I levelled up SCH, and once I take it to 60 I'll both be able to dragonlaser dudes and have a healer at 60.

... you know, in retrospect, the fact that Summoners get abilities from Bahamut kind of spoils the plot twist that Bahamut is actually a primal in the image of a long-dead dragon, doesn't it.

Bahamut being a primal is in no way a twist. The stuff you find out from Tiamat (and the brief mention by Hraesvelgr) about him originally being a real dragon and the primal being just a false copy is a twist but the SMN storyline in no way hints at that.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

kafziel posted:

What possible flaw could you think mars Roegadame perfection?

They all look like someone smashed their faces with a shovel until their noses were almost gone.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Krinkle posted:

This triple triad timer website says she's supposed to be in this house, but she won't play me in the house. How many hundred story quests do I need to do before she settles down? I did both sons' quests and am back with the dad.

Once she leaves Dragonhead you can't play Tataru until you complete the Heavensward main story.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

hobbesmaster posted:

You added some extra words there, I fixed it.

Reminds me, which one has the psych out with the victory music? Tam Tara hard has the crazy transition.

Wanderer's Palace hard mode has the toberry interrupt.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
My group is so loving close to getting our first A1 savage clear it's not even funny. We have the DPS and we have the mechanics but we managed to mess up in every tiny way imaginable. Two loving percent hard enrage.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
My group got our A1S clear! The loot treadmill begins.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
This anniversary event is the most amazingly ridiculous thing and I love everything about it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Eerkik posted:

I just wish I wasn't such a goofy looking motherfucker, this red dye looks awful and makes me feel like a heavy armor power ranger

Thanks for giving me an excuse to tell anyone who missed it previously that this exists. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHgznsj9Brc

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

SirPhoebos posted:

Credit for Coils/2.x Ex isn't given for unsynced runs, right?

I've been pony farming from the 2.0 EX modes unsynced on my DRK a load recently and it definitely counts.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Failboattootoot posted:

Is there a way to macro putting a macro on my hotbar? Found out how to assign abilities through the macro system but not a macro.

If you have a hotbar that you never use you can set it up on several jobs with different layouts of macros that you're going to want, then hide it and you can make a macro with something along the lines of:

/hotbar copy whm 10 blm 1

Which will copy the entire of hotbar 10's layout on WHM onto your main BLM hotbar

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

That was a lot of pony and alexander farming.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Holyshoot posted:

Does it look better then the model it steals from?

I think so. It is mostly just a reskin but it has a neat bone crest attached to its head, and the recolouring of everything else makes for a cooler look imo,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
My FC has been getting Dusk Leather for a while now, we had been using them to stock the coffers but we've decided to start distributing tabards now.

It's fantastic and I love it.

• Locked thread