Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
They eventually let you burn gil to teleport when you ran out of anima iirc which i thought was a kinda nice system

before that it sucked bad though yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I recall them saying that the thing with birbs is that it's something embedded really deep in the party system as a whole or something

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

How does a belt maim? That doesn't sound safe to wear at all.

imagine a goon trying to wear a belt that is just a small amount of piano wire

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

healers not doing damage have gigantic amounts of either sitting around and doing loving nothing or overhealing and generating pointless enmity for nothing

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

brb renaming myself to Somethingawful Dpsone

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I've sorta heard about lord of vermillion but I have no idea what it's like

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand how people enjoy wow's GCD with all the buttons and longass complex rotations and animations that come very close to gmod flailing

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Zereth posted:

I played a rogue which as I remember had an even shorter GCD. FF14's is downright relaxing. I have time to actually think about what I'm gonna do next!

I also played a rogue

I had a hard time doing mechanics because my gcd was so fast and i had like 12 things to keep track of that I just ended up burning a hole in my hotbars

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

what about the corsair job, was that sort of killed by machinist?

It kinda got split into MCH and AST

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

job crystals actually were in 1.0 for a good while

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Guild wars 2 is a piece of poo poo though

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

It's pod ya dingus

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Gamers are entitled shitheads

The sky is also blue

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

They will use that retextured xi model until the servers explode

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

It's gotten a lot worse recently for some reason

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

i took the opportunity to roll my 5th and 6th characters that i will never use

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I have no idea because i never use them anyways

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

T9 loving owns and the music is my favorite in the game (well, the first phase. second phase is good too)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I think the big issue is a lot of the stuff prior to 3.0 was made obsolete with Heavensward. Sure, you can run some of that stuff, but 1) the gear you get won't be very good relative to 3.0 gear, and 2) no one else is really running it. I'd love to pony farm more, but ponies can't fly :smith:

Same but with farming random gear from old content

seems like it's almost impossible to drum up any sort of interest for it

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Niton posted:

e: also give me Prime level 50 primals and savage old 4-mans. Just rescaled old content with some neat poo poo attached.

you have to wait until the 5th expansion pack once the nostalgia has set in properly and they've run out of ideas

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Technogeek posted:

So, my friend just messaged me complaining about how she had to carry the DPS in A1 normal and got upset, which is what inspired this (these) idea(s).

SE would implement a dummy in-game in an instance private zone only available to the player. It would parse the player if they're DPS and if they meet the threshold required, they would get a discount on their subscription, like a dollar or something. Anyone who fails to meet it doesn't incur a consequence. Their subscription will remain normal.

Now, the other idea I have is the same thing, except if they fail to meet the threshold required, they would get an additional 33% extra charge to their subscription fee. It'll be a learning tax. If they fail to meet it again during their second cycle, they'll get tacked again with an additional 33% tax off the base subrate. So basically, if they fail the first time, $20 monthly. If they fail again, $25 monthly and so on. This is assuming they pay $15 for their sub. fee.

I'll think of something for tanks and healers later. What do you think?

of all the poo poo that i've seen you post from the OF this is probably by far the worst idea

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

People hate AV because a lot of parties can't do the first room and the room after coincounter right

Also people screw up all the time on coincounter and it sucks

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Is protect even significant enough to warrant having at levels that low

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

It's generally cheaper to buy/get materials to make an item that you want and getting a buddy to make it for you because markups are intense

unless it's a pet or something in which case welp

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

oh welp

i can't help there, sorry, that's far more money than i've ever had or ever will

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I mean for that kinda situation it all falls on the trustworthiness of whoever is making the second half of the trade which you can't really guarantee outside of them being really obviously shifty

edit: i missed that post but yeah if it's running rampant on one server i'd have all the reason that it could be anywhere, i'd hold onto your cash for now

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

i blame myself even when it isn't my fault

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I mean it's possible, i inflicted that exact scenario on another goon because whm is like my off-off-off-off class but it sucks a lot

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Boten Anna posted:

It really is a series of poor decisions to where you decide to queue for HW dungeons in gear worse than white garbage vendor gear that is readily available, though.

it was late and i was loaded with sedatives, i mostly did it on impulse in the middle of mining

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Whizbang posted:

The trick is that Bahamut changed the Moogle's gender.

But only in the localized version. It was always female in Japanese.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

They call it the Flame Elite's Handgonne because your enemies are just gonne when you use it

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I miss having this.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Suitaru posted:

it's nice that now, in FFXI's retirement, all of us tanaka victims can simultaneously agree that the game was terrible and yet wallow in the nostalgia of the sound/etc design. immediately after having flashbacks of leveling down I started a video of Vana'diel March and it made me feel better

The world/art design and music are some of FFXI's strong points, even if the world design ended up being horrid copypaste schlock

wonder what it would have been like with actual good direction to go along with the ideas man

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Suitaru posted:

eldieme necropolis

Final Fantasy XI Online: Skeleton Holes

that game has so many holes you can fall in that are full of skeletons

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Suitaru posted:

Weren't there places with invisible holes full of beasties or am I just having a Jacob's Ladder type hallucination

Yeah, there were a couple areas with invisible holes that you had to fall through for progress

I can't remember if the Yagudo NPCs hinted at it for you during some quest or something at some point but it was there

I haven't actually played much of XI so there might be more areas

Also yes mobs in dungeons are True Something, probably True Hearing, I know I can't stealth past a lot of them as NIN

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Crafting rule of thumb: if it ain't 100% it ain't poo poo

*proceeds to miss six 80% chances in a row*

You have no luck, beautifully

UWAAAAA

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Regardless of which role a person is playing and what I'm playing this is the #1 way to cause me to become irrationally furious and cause my blood pressure to skyrocket

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Probably the unfortunate dumb idiot new to MMOs that doesn't understand the concept of a tank and just thinks they are a dude that swings a sword around and is cool

why yes, I may or may not be speaking from experience with FFXI years upon years ago with WAR

edit: also I would not be upset about a dps class that swings a sword around and is cool because I am a bad sad nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I like when people say stuff like relics should be like that but holy gently caress when a game actually has things like that it's so goddamn crushing

why yes I have mostly burned out on PSO2, why do you ask

• Locked thread