Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Espilae posted:

Trying to find any difference, haven't found any so far but I'll keep looking...

They added stuff to it that could have had an impact on the markets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't seen that around anywhere. FC has said it's gated somewhere behind the MSQ; is it far past the point where you first enter the Dravinian Forelands?

I believe it requires a side quest in Dravanian Forelands before it will show up.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

How do you gain access to the weekly b rank hunt for 3.0 ?

People are saying it's at the bar and I've unlocked both the level 1 and 2 dailies but can't find anywhere that has a weekly.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Vermain posted:

The old lady (can't remember her name) in Idyllshire will give you a quest that will unlock it.

Thank you, holy poo poo this has been driving me crazy as everyone else has just said it's in the forgotten knight.

Edit: Okay technically it seems they were right, but I needed to unlock the level 3 daily hunt bills first.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Zerilan posted:

My enthusiasm for Monk's stuff's dropped off a good bit after playing it in dungeons.

I'm starting to come down after spending more time with them, can't really complain though as they all only add to the class and don't really gently caress anything up. The changes to shoulder tackle and demolish alone along side form shift + exilir field alone are huge.

My main problems are that meditating is really loving annoying to do all the time all for a single attack and tornado kick is so rarely worth it when form shift allows you to essentially maintain your stacks over a disengagement of 11 seconds, even when the break is long enough that you can't maintain stacks tornado kick only being 330 potency doesn't really contribute much to dps lossed in rebuilding your stacks.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

rock2much posted:

Hey what am I missing?

Tam Tara Hard Mode.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

Apparently during "Hyper Electricity" weather in Azys La, coil bosses are spawning as unmarked boss FATEs. So far people have spotted The Avatar, Raff, and Melusine, youtube video is coming shortly.

I have no idea how to react to this.

I really hope this is true but this is the first I've heard of this and would have thought this would be all over the place if it's true.

Edit: ^^ well poo poo.

Sendo fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 25, 2015

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Slightly disappointed that it doesn't seem to include any of the mechanics but I guess it would be too easy to troll everyone if it did.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

The Library and Fractal both have amazing music and it creates this really weird thing where I'm actually bummed out when I hit a boss 'cause the standard boss music isn't nearly as good. (This is a recurring problem going all the way back to T1. Other notable offenders: World of Darkness.)

The new actual dungeon boss music is really good also though.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Jia posted:

The Monk 50-60 storyline was great if only for the final battle where you become Goku.

This was so loving great. It was hilarious just completely destroying everyone, I had ACT running at the time and finished the battle at like 4k DPS.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

ilvl requirement for those dungeons is 145 not 142.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Zerilan posted:

On that note, how much DPS should a monk in 180 gear be doing, at least on a striking dummy?

I do around 1050 at i177 with 180 weapon without food, party or potions.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Does MNK settle down into a fairly clear rotation at 60, the way DRG sort of does (HT, CT combo, phleb, FT combo, repeat forever with oGCDs woven), or is it a bit hand-wavy with which ability you're using for a given stance?

Monk is pretty much the same as it was in 2.0 rotation wise the only real change is you can start fights with 1 stack of GL and your opener is a little different, other than that it plays exactly the same way (with an additional ogcd skill).

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Verranicus posted:

I'm sad that Alexander is going to be the expansion version of Coil. It looks so cool but I've never had the patience for "progression raiding". Hopefully the CT equivalent comes out soon.

This is the whole reason they are splitting Alexander into two different difficulty levels of normal mode and savage mode.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Spent way too long on the last Alexander fight due to over thinking one mechanic with the judgement debuffs, turns out just ignoring it is the solution :shrug:

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I got to 54 on Monk today. I know it shouldn't be hard but I am having a gently caress of a time dividing my combat-free (either in a boss or between packs) GCDs between putting myself in a form to keep up buffs/GL and actually getting to bloody use Forbidden Chakra. Is this just a practice thing or does anyone have any advice?

No, the new monk skills were just poorly thought out and form shift makes the rest of them redundant for almost all current content outside of Ravana Ex.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

bonewitch posted:

EDIT: Actually monk might still, idk poo poo about monk at 60. Where's Belzac when we need him

It's still a DPS increase if it's used correctly, literally every fight so far has enough downtime to make TP issues non existent. I don't think I've ran out of TP yet since 3.0 except for A2 but purification goes a long way there.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

This whole recruitment thing is so confusing, how much is it going to cost me for the fist bump emote?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Is monk or dragoon better dps? I'm trying to decide between those two.

They are both fairly equal in a full up time fight but Dragoon generally edges out Monk in post 3.0 due to them not suffering as much from downtime as Monk does (even with the 3.0) changes, Dragoon also has much better raid utility right now which has led to every group running one and the second melee spot seems to alternate between Ninja/Monk (Ninja preferred more often due to utility).

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Oh they are finally adding a jukebox for housing, I always thought that would have been the first thing they would have added with the music being drops from the specific dungeon/trial it plays in.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Does anyone know if Patience II has any effect on 2.0-2.55 legendary fish ?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

All fisher abilities work on all old fish. Why wouldn't they?

Well I more specifically meant if the "increases the chance of catching a larger fish" applied to 2.0 legendary fish, as with how much of a nightmare fishing has always been it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. I only have about 10 big fish left of the 2.0-2.55 so I figured I might make an attempt at them if Patience II would make it easier.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Maus posted:

Has anyone seen any aetherial healing gear with accuracy on it? Please say something if you have :v

Nope, I've got 4 pieces so far and see 7 total drop none with accuracy. I got this though which I'm pretty happy with for whm:

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Spell speed, piety, determination AND crit? :getin:

Yeah this poo poo is pretty good, who needs any other content for gear now.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Show us what it looks like.

I wanna see how silly you look with it on.

So it's really weird, they start out being a glamour of low level armour but if you remove the glamour on them they turn into a different set. I think they are 3.0 crafted armour ?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Diadem is such a poo poo show when you don't queue with a full party, jumped in with some friends and didn't bother to fill out the party. Had the two people from DF just as gatherers the whole time which makes it really hard to get credit fighting against 3-4 other full parties and on top of that they can still roll on everything that drops without contributing at all.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Griz posted:

it'd be a lot less mindless if the mobs weren't so loving boring

why does everything have so much HP and so little damage/mechanics? the worm doesn't even do anything, it's just a giant sack of HP and the buffalo is only dangerous because the hysteria will probably result in people aggroing everything nearby.

loving pelicans man.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Also Void Ark queues are just slow in general because what's the point of doing that over Diadem other than glamour.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Also looks like you can skip the Atmas if you have a zeta.

After the Atma phase you need to run the following dungeons it looks like:

Snowcloak
Qarn HM
Keeper of the lake
Wanderer's Palace HM
AK HM
Dusk Vigil
Sohm Al
The Aery
The Vault

Then you need to aquire 4 items that can either be crafted, dropped from dungeon or from beast tribe quests.

Sendo fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Dec 16, 2015

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

It also seems to be just looking for any completed Zodiac weapon to skip the atma's, so it seems like if you can use a different classes Zodiac to still skip them.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Ouhei posted:

Just to make sure my quest isn't bugged and I'm going to waste hours here...my quest log has the green checkmark to turn in the items in Azys Lla, but I don't have them and trying to turn it in just has the guy asking if I got the items they need. Is my poo poo bugged or is that just how it is?

You need the cystals from Syndone in Mor Dhona which you can get by either exchanging a zeta or all the new atmas with them.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Was not expecting any Monk buffs but drat :getin:

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Oh they're gonna patch that one out.

E: Won't stop me from using it until they do though.

Challenge log scales with level, it only works out to like giving you 10% exp a week. Not a huge deal that they are going to rush to patch if they do.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I really wish you could replay job quests, I want to replay the Monk level 60 quest.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I just saw a8 enrage while still having 70% health left with no dps dying during the fight.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Espilae posted:

Four bards?

Double BLM, Bard, Monk.

Eopia posted:

...It has an enrage?

I was just as surprised when it started counting down from 10 then killed everyone at 0.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, honestly, I don't think SMN dot potency contributes to too many KOs. The main thing dots are used for is to add to the burst damage of fester. The Ruin 3 buff is what made SMN super OP in PVP. First time I tried it, I snagged 7 KOs with 260k damage :stare: It's almost too easy too: Tri-disaster > Fester > Painflare > Energy Drain > DWT > Ruin 3 till Deathflare.

It's funny that their burst is so good in PvP because their burst in PvE is somewhat lacking.

They absolutely do, taking the offensive buff and raging strikes > tri disaster > contagion > bane and getting those buffed dots on everyone is an absurd amount of damage that puts an unbelievable strain on the healer.

That said though it's also super easy to make a summoner useless in the opening if you purify the tri disaster but I rarely see this and they never target me as melee during the initial bout.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Anyone know if One Ilm Punch removes the offensive/defensive buff in the feast ?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Eopia posted:

Yes, fortunately there's a pvp only attack you can do that removes positional requirements. It's also ogcd.

This skill is loving awesome btw, when maxed out it's like 20 seconds of no positionals and 30% crit chance increased. When paired with Battle Litany and capped sync'd crit it's like nothing but crits for 15-20 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Why wouldn't it run fast enough? The ps4 itself already renders at 1080p, which is what their virtual goggles will essentially render at, just with 2 perspectives on the same scene

It's no where near this simple not to mention the framerates it needs to hit in order to achieve the 90hz/120hz the headset requires.

• Locked thread