Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Remember to switch from DX9 to DX11 if your system supports it in the launcher config.

If you're not sure, run the benchmark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zanael posted:

You liar.

If you're getting 5006 errors, try connecting to a Japan Data Center, back out, and then connect to Primal.

Of course now I'm waiting a queue 240 deep.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kcer posted:

Is Excalibur just on lock down 24/7? Any tips on what times to try? Not having much luck trying at even 6-9am PDT.

The only other thing I can think of is to try right after maintenance windows. Excalibur is going to be stuffed for a while as people work through 3.0 content.

Or pay the $18 for a transfer (not sure if you can on a "full" world)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jia posted:

Monk is actually the most fun class by far, gently caress the people who just want to stand still and hit three buttons

Agreed. If you mouse move (not just mouse turn, but hold both L/R buttons to move), it becomes stupid easy and fun.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

I'll be disappointed if this isn't the case.

Nah. PGL/MNK, because if I recall Wakka's attacks were all kicks and punches to the ball. Pugilist/Monk is just a soccer ball away from that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Used to play in Excalibur as Cal Averon. Aer the FCs purged regularly for inactive users? I kinda forgot which goon FC company I use but I liked the people there.

ffgoons.com has the details, but yes. Just go through the procedure to join as if you were a new player as outlined at ffgoons forum to get back in (or join a different one this time). Can't speak for the others, but DGKK is pretty chill.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Minrad posted:

I too search for the Heaven Sword. Will it ever be found...?

Sward. It's a patch of grass that's really well maintained.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Newbie question: What can I get with the Player Commendations, and where do I spend them?

Same for the poetic tokens.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Commendation_Achievement

Poetics are for Ironworks stuff in Mor Dhona. You won't be using them long as you rocket your way to 60. I don't know how it is now, but you could buy HQ crafted items from the Market Board with a higher ilvl for around 150K-200K gil for every slot a couple weeks ago.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

nuru posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. The map will show the location either way, and you can zoom out to see relative position. Do you mean it's difficult to figure out how to get to that point from where you are? In that case, as you attempt to move toward it your map will uncover and it becomes more clear. The only place I think this is annoying is probably sea of clouds due to there being multiple levels overlapping.

Not only that, the minimap will have an arrow on the border indicating which direction it's in.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bonewitch posted:

You want to replace one of those Snap Punches with a Demolish and re-up it when its at less than 5 seconds or so. Do the same with Touch of Death. At 50 you get Dragon Kick which replaces one of your Bootshines, and your full rotation becomes essentially DK->TS->Demo->BS->TS->SP (you'll need to change up the timing of demo as the fight progresses or else you'll end up clipping it too much)

Yeah that's pretty much mine, except my opening rotation is Touch of Death->BS->TS->SP->DK->Twin Snakes->Demo. I then switch to BS->TS->SP->BS->TS->SP->DK->Twin Snakes->Demo and work in Touch of Death just before it runs out.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Why are you so angry all the time? :(

Just ignore him, most everyone else does.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

He also only played against other fat white guys because we're a country founded by racists.

lol

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

I'm leveling my first alt class, a DRK, and just had a healer ragequit on me during Stone Vigil because I was "vastly undergeared," which was annoying. I was definitely squishy but outside of a trash pull gone bad it was fine. We then got another healer and I warned him I was a bit undergeared and the rest was fine :colbert:

Game should probably do a better job listing item level for early dungeons though, I dunno. Is there a way to get DRK accessories from vendors or something? He was all mad cause I just have random low-level INT gear on my accessories side, since that's the stuff I got from leveling my BLM, and otherwise those slots would just be empty.

You can get lvl and job appropriate gear from vendors, but a better bet is ask around your FC for HQ crafted gear. It will last much longer before you have to swap to better gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Farg posted:

but wait do you guys believe in me too

Eh....

• Locked thread