Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You guys look too hard at the high end, and not enough at the entire market. I tell you the truth, I've made 2 mil since Tuesday morning. I haven't been able to keep my glamour crystals in stock, because they keep selling out, with people wanting to reglamour their old stuff over their new Diadem poo poo, or their new Bloodborne gear over their existing crap.

You can't *always* be making money at the high end with the one-shot-3-million sale. You gotta come down now and then for the bulk sales. Now, maybe that's too "workaday" for you guys, and I guess I understand that. But if you hustle and undercut, sell singles at a premium, and bulk at a discount, you can still make money when your expensive crap isn't selling.

Or don't, and just let me keep cleaning house. =P

drat it took almost 2 years but we've finally uncovered the fact that you're brooklynn master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
they've nerfed nexus multiple times and have never changed the 2000 cap. they only increase light values because reducing the cap would gently caress up existing novuses

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i feel like a catgirl mmo having a vigil for a terrorist attack is on par with poo poo like spongebob crying at an image of the twin towers

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
reminder that mordiceius bought gil to buy his house and now he cant afford to furnish it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mordiceius posted:

That's an odd accusation. But cool, thanks?

I'm sitting on about 10mil Gil right now, so I guess I just suck at decorating?

It's more that I was waiting for 3.1 house sharing so I could have my wife decorate it. But in the time leading up to 3.1, I decided I'd much rather have a house in the goblet.

Dang dude 10m did you make that by manipulating the glamour prism market

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
dang, im raking in the money, spending hours crafting glamour prisms and listing them in singles across 8 retainers. i am the market master. i need to list in ishgard because of my 2% tax reduction on items that sell for 3k.

i am the market master, brooklyn master

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Fister Roboto posted:

Can you even quick synth glamour crystals? Or do you have to sit there constantly pressing the button.

you have to manually synth each one

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i'll appreciate how ugly it looks

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I did ifrit normal for about 600 light to finish my ninja nexus, 13 to 15 second clears at 8 light each or whatever feeble is now

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

KaneTW posted:

void ark is cool

except that you must df it and df is literal gutter trash

well you don't have to df it

but the alternative of getting 24 goons is just as bad if not worse

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
good. good.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Niton posted:

I went 25 seconds in between heals from a Scholar in Void Ark the other day. After we wiped, the Scholar insisted my strength accessories were why I died, rather than the complete lack of healing.

My first Void Ark this week was a scholar screaming at another scholar in broken english for "pretending to be a summoner"

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Stufoo posted:

With a 210 Gordian Shield, it makes you go from blocking 29% of damage 17% of the time, to blocking 29% of damage 77% of the time. This raises your average shield mitigation from 4.93% to 22.33%, about +17%.

With a 210 Prytwen, it makes you go from blocking 22% of damage 22% of the time, to blocking 22% of damage 82% of the time. This raises your average shield mitigation from 4.84% to 18.04%, about +13%.

Towers are now much, much better, due to no STR increases from block (this was the primary reason that bucklers and kites were best in ARR), and the effects of Bulwark and Sheltron.

Should also be noted that the 205 Thordan shield is a tower as well, blocks 29%

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Chyea posted:

Just so people don't go spouting about how Diadem is too new content to be recycled for relic chains - the datamined icons for relic chain items include two new atma icons, one being a black crystal and the other being a white crystal. Sounds familiar, no?

considering they were originally slotted for 3.1 and the entire theme is light and darkness i'd say anything is likely

attach the relics to pvp yoshi do it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
https://my.mixtape.moe/qnfdos.mp3

i just saved you 12 bucks, play this while riding the one of the two magitek mounts that are free

or listen to their theme because its better

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Hivac posted:

From what I understand it incorporated a lot of EQ poo poo which kinda was -the- mmo at the time

i've never actually played EQ myself so that could just have been bullshit that i heard somewhere at some point so :shrug:

i picked up XI because of the 10 dollar sale and hosed a bit with it, and i've played an ungodly amount of EQ

a lot of the features seem backwards from EQ design which seems odd considering it came out later

like it has good quality of life features like healing mode (i dont know if this was in FFXI at launch or a new feature, EQ added something like it a few years ago) and purchasable maps (eq didn't even really have maps at all for a really long time and you were better served buying a strategy guide for expansions)

trusts are strictly better than EQ's mercenary system in every way, XI has a really hosed up version of EQ's teleport around the world book system, job/merit points seem a lot more convoluted than Alternate Advancement (the thing you do with exp once you're capped in EQ)

and then it has weird stupid poo poo like its horrendous inventory system and a somehow dumber spell system and finding a way to make melee combat even worse

there's a lot of similarities and then just weird "this is better" or "this is a lot worse holy poo poo" designs

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kwyndig posted:

Oh boy a free login campaign for a whole month. Expect the return of the server queue.

you only get 4 days after your first login, of real world time, not playtime

probably no server queues past the first day

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Hivac posted:

Trusts got added only a few years ago (launch of Seekers), there's also a really clunky adventuring partner system where an npc follows you and autoattacks

this got added way way way later on, during the so-called ~glory days~ the only real big teleports were the WHM crag ports

edit: oops tags

Yeah both of those also got added way late in EQ so I thought it'd be fair to compare them

Back before Planes of Power EQ only had teleports to Druid Circles or Wizard Spires

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nessin posted:

Pre-50 it can actually be more efficient to pick dungeons rather than doing the roulette at all, depending on your luck. Post-50 the roulette always wins though.

this is wrong if you have even a slight bit of rested experience

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
paladins a cute

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
gee, bet you wish you were a paladin now

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ambaire posted:

Why is the starting machinist quest so retarded? I killed the first two sets of mobs fine but I couldn't find the goddamn docile tigers. I killed every goddamn mob in the entire duty zone and nothing. So I just deleted the weapon and abandoned the quest. gently caress machinist. And yes I tried googling docile tigers. Nothing.

:eyepop:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I really want to like Paladin because I dig their aesthetic but they're just...poo poo, they're garbage, I can't enjoy playing them after playing DRK and WAR.

I'm sure they'll do something about it eventually

lol

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
*sheltrons heavenly heel, takes a bladedance in sword oath* gently caress why is this class so garbage

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Moldy Taxes posted:

:shrug:
The other Warrior had main tanked before my healers suggested that we try a PLD main tank, and my PLD just barely makes the cut at 190 compared to both of our 203+ warriors, so I guess it was just gear + not feeling comfortable in the main tank role.

I've tanked Thordan in its entirety in Sword at ilvl 195. it isnt your gear

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

ilifinicus posted:

:cripes:

this is terrible advice

i skipped like 16000 posts in this thread but i'm gonna assume they're all incredibly bad posts by vandes like this one

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ineptitude posted:

Spoiler tag added by me.

I did not know this, and would have preferred to find out myself through playing the story.
In guild chat it is not allowed to spoil 3.0+ story so why is that fair game here?

thancred is evil

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Gizmo Chicken posted:

I forget, was Revenant's Toll completed in 2.5 or was it 2.55? I'm interested to see Idyllshire finished.
2.5 if i remember correctly

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Gyr Abania would have been subjected to a bloodbath of proportions unseen in history if the Garleans hadn't destroyed their culture first.

Examples I point to are as follows -

The Highlander nation was happily destroying not only all of it's neighbors, but many of their own people as the leadership happened to be certifiably insane. Illberd for example had a small penis (actually historically accurate) and killed thousands of people because of it. The Highlander empire was actually not the bad one as the Miqo'te under U'odh Nunh after his loss to the Highlanders, took his tribe and conducted a scorched earth campaign across the lower section of gyr arbania destroying all in his path.

Lets not forget the laughable Ala Mhigan girl Yda who said she saw visions that if everybody killed off their cattle and burned their fields the dead spirits of their ancestors would grant not only tenfold cattle in return, but destruction of the new Garlean civilization in the southern cape. Needless to say after they slaughtered and burned everything no ancestors were forthcoming and 25 thousand of the Ala Mhigan tribe died.

The tribes of gyr abania were largely barbaric and vicious groups of people who really only understood killing for the most part. There were exceptions to the rule as there always are, the lalafell, and various smaller tribes, but for the most part ala mhigan culture was set up to destroy other cultures to begin with.

I'm not going to say that they are better off having been colonized by the garleans, but the alternative was pretty vicious as well.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Verranicus posted:

hunts are dumb and people who do them are dumber

i see you must lead a hunt linkshell my goon sire

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
wildstar

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i sit at desks like riker irl

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
the n quit bit ch

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
larae barrett did nothing wrong

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
http://www.strawpoll.me/4913274/r

(poll before Heavensward)

BLM never is strong in any of these

and I guarantee you 90% of SAM/RDM are going to quit a month in

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

yeah that's probably more accurate

Ninja's falloff was hilarious and it didn't have an expansion's worth of content to compete with

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Zaphod42 posted:

I hope RDM and SAM do fall off fast, because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna play one of em and I don't want eeeeeverybody to be doing the same

We'll see how it goes

i wouldnt give a poo poo what other people are playing but that's just me

Asimo posted:

"Whelp, servers are on the west coast now, I ain't playing NIN in Stormblood!" :v:

i meant when they were added in 2.4. there were ninjas everywhere until about costa del sol and everyone quit

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
drks will not be used at all in 4.0 and they'll either give them the pld or whm treatment in 5.0 please look forward to it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mister Olympus posted:

Already said. DRK gets DPS out of MTing because of Blackest Night, PLD going full DPS mode doesn't really have any notable difference between MT and OT. WAR actively needs to be OT to pump out all it can. The choice is clear.

yeah so you make the pld go mt, war go ot, and you tell the drk applying to your static to gently caress off back to bravely default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
mr happy is a good example of someone who takes 20 minutes to explain a 3 minute video without any of it having to do with advertising himself

some people are just dumb and like to hear themselves talk

• Locked thread