Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I still hate the materia changes, and am beyond disappointed that they are going through with them. :suicide:

It's such a dumb fiddly stupid change. Secondary stats are not interesting at all and weaker than they were in 2.0. This is just dumb pointless busywork and making people run the worst content offering in the game. (Diadem.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

vOv posted:

Money wasn't super relevant in this game in terms of gearing up for combat stuff so don't worry about it. Crafting is actually a net money sink until you've got it to a fairly high level because of all the money you'll spend buying gear. It's worth trying to see if you like it, though.

Hope you like Materia :argh:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

So I haven't played either since 3.0: How's the meta between Summoner and Black Mage settled in the expansion. I had both at level 50 pre-expac and it felt (at least to me) like BLM was significantly better in any case that wasn't "You always have to move constantly". BLMs had a high damage easy rotation (albeit one you had to stand perfectly still for to do the best damage you could) whereas SUM had to keep a lot of plates spinning to do passable damage and dropping any of them really slowed you down.

It seems just looking at the new Summoner spells that they go a ways to try and juice up their damage and give them a bit more bite outside of their DoTs and pet (ruin 3, painflare, deathflare). Does that help them really get along come endgame vs BLMs?

I loving hate Enochian still, but 3.2 made blm much smoother to play, so that I can finally play it without hating the game. The fights in general are more friendly as well in addition, but the 3.2 changes are the real difference maker. Also even in lovely gear I've crit for like 11k on Void Ark bosses so :getin: and all that.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

This sounds interesting to me since I dropped BLM as my main shortly after getting it to 60 since I didn't really find it fun to play anymore. What 3.2 changes in particular make it more bearable now? Haven't touched the job in months.

I don't know if this got answered but they changed Astral Fire and Umbral Ice to last 12 seconds, and they did some changes to how buffs apply, those specifically apply after the spell casts rather than when it hits, meaning it feels very reactive. And it feels like there's a grace period on Enochian fading and you B4 going off. In general it feels more forgiving. It doesn't sound like much til you play around with it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Thundarr posted:

I have some fun memories of Befallen, Guk, and Solusek. But I also have (more) lovely memories of them and I doubt I'd willingly play that sort of game again now that other options exist.

That's basically my experience with FFXI. I have some great memories of it, I prefer the story and world (for whatever reason Eorzea feels more obviously a video in how it does things. I don't know whether this is nostalgia, looking for problems where there aren't any, or whatever), and I prefer XI's soundtrack for the world. XIV does some interesting stuff with boss fights but for general music XI was amazing.

Also weapon design. I hate how most of XIV's weapons took a page out of WoW's book for impractical, ridiculous, ugly weapons. :v: I know this is an unpopular opinion.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

Have you played any other final fantasy games?

Only XI and whatever one has Cecil in it. 4 I think? Sprites really don't show off funky weapon designs.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Jia posted:

Look at this scrub-tier second-person perspective poo poo

Clearly aren't willing to use first person and own up to their fetishes. :colbert:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

No love for midlanders? Midlanders make great anime princesses, don't hate us because we don't have extra bits stuck on our heads!

Eimi fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 25, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

a kitten posted:

Don't think so. Moon Cats have cute little fangs tho.

If you are going to be a cat be a Moon Cat because tiny fangs are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Isn't Arcanist basically Red Mage?

It also doesn't have swanky hats or swords. If we get rdm I'm imagining they are going to play up the fencing with occasional magic ala ninja.

Also I want blue mage just because of the gorgeous Arabian themed af they had in XI.

• Locked thread