Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been watching any patch trailers since they spoiled Brute Justice, cause that was just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SirPhoebos posted:

So, if early access begins the 16th...but general release is on the 20th...and PS3 won't go offline until then...does that mean the game is going to have 2 players having significantly different gameplay interacting with each other? (and much bigger differences from ARR to HW, since just off the top of my head even a level-synced SB PLD is going to have access to spamable AOE that a non-updated PLD won't have).

My guess is they'll just scrap ps3 on 16th?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Samurai and Red Mage start at level 50. HW jobs start at 30. Original classes start at 1.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

Nah, ffxiv threat bar is garbage.

This could finally change in next patch.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

dmboogie posted:

all that i ask for in this game is a primal phase transition that can match the sheer hype factor of shiva's

Same. Shiva's suden stomp into drums into punkrock is the best. Brute Justice is also almost as good. Zurvan's is hilariously edgy, too.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

TPT has the best house and a no story spoilers in chat policy, PBC is marginally more serious about raiding, DGKK has lots of ASCII dick spam. Pick whichever one appeals to you the most.

DGKK doesn't have ascii dick spam anymore, someone said neverlose got reported over those and he doesn't do them now

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

it'd totally overwhelm me if I was a new player.

Why? If you're a new player, all the content is new to you, and there's very little content that's downright annoying (the pre titan slog, but that's like what, 15-20 short quests? other mmos have far worse fillers). Just work your way through the MSQ as you would in 2.x. Maybe visit potd some. Even totorak is just fine first time through, and if I queue low level with my newbie friend, I make sure to queue with goons and we clear dungeons in under 15 minutes by pulling big and blowing poo poo up and it owns and is fun.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, 3.0 and later MSQ is a couple levels above the 2.x story. 2.x is stretched super thin and then filled with some really bad anime filler that should by all accounts be in optional sidequests.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

You activated Windows?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jinh posted:

the thing that happens in the vault barely even registered for me, and that guy seemed pretty cool for what he did and his family was all broke up and I'm standing around making small talk while they're grieving like uh this looks like a bad time but check out this sweet helmet that dropped for me.

I think his main trait is he's very MCsexual, but it has been 2 years since I've last seen him so.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Failboattootoot posted:

2+ hours for ldr, once you get to 60 and you need to queue for specific dungeons for quest reasons those probably won't be longer than an hour. This is my guess. Although if everyone just goes to potd, ldr might not be so bad.

Queuing for dungeons you have a bonus for puts you at the front of everyone who doesn't have one, IIRC they changed that sometime during 3.x? So queuing for MSQ poo poo as dps isn't bad, but yeah. I expect hour+ ldr queues for <60 ldr.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:same:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

Ah, yeah, I'm still in the 2.x MSQ right now. To make sure I understand, did they add that 110 gear to the 2.x MSQ after Heavensward launched to smooth the transition (and therefore they'll likely do the same for the 3.x pre-SB MSQ)?

Yeah, that's exactly what they did. 2.x quests used to give only some gil, no xp or gear.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I really wish SE hired mods for the novice network. They'd need like 6 per datacenter (8 hour shifts, 3-4 days/week), surely they can afford that.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

the 3-4 hours i was in there it wasn't terrible. I even tried to get them to argue at me that alienware was a bad computer brand and they were all supportive and saying "if thats what you like then go you!".

it's not bad most of the time, but it's filled with inane mentor chat novices very much do not care about.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

HP doesn't decrease with weakness

This lends credibility to those debated patch note leaks (the ones with the weird RNG FATE thing)

Didn't those same patch notes also say you keep all your buttons when synced down to sastasha?]

also, boo, I liked people running around with half less hp and getting gibbed.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You like it because it's huge, but then you'd scale it down to make it not take up 90% of your screen and it's be unreadable.

Also, every time I see a video of 1.0, I'm forced to look at the hilariously stupid and bad hotbar system

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

I need that part to be true. I need that very badly. Please be true, unreliable leaked patch notes

My point is more that that is 10000% fake, because they'd have said something by now about a change that cool and big IMO.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

my buddy missed legacy status by like a single sub cycle and i make fun of him all the time for it

ah, the mark of shame :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

How long until servers go down?

in like 2 days?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, yeah. It appears we're getting 24h of downtime.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It tries to make 1 tonk 1 melee 1 ranged 1 heals groups. It'll however give up on the 1 melee 1 ranged if there's none of either in the queue at all.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CrashScreen posted:

Surprisingly, for some it won't be. The NA members of our FC only had their ping go up by 20, or not at all.

Not too surprising, all things considered :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo, full reimbursement for the house sounds nice, I could afford a huge loving mansion easily then.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
please calm down is really good I hope it wins

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saint Freak posted:

It's outdoors. I would never set off a flashbang in a church.

yeah, for churches you go with something with real killing power like flare.

see: vault

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jinh posted:

4man gives them an excuse to make the platform smaller again too

Not really, upheaval is already pretty tightly tuned.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You only need a sub to download the patch, but I'm not sure how it works for the expansion.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo crafting no longer requires all classes at 50+

e:
Level Actions
61 Hasty Touch II
62 Careful Synthesis III

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

dudeman posted:

What kind of casul bullshit is this?

:chloe:

The best kind.

Autoattacks are dumb and poo poo, especially in a game where every attack is supposed to be a button.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I realize that as their audience also encompasses countries that do not use a western alphabet, they couldn't go on to E or F without actually risking that someone wouldn't know what E or F was.

But it would have amused me greatly if they had gone A B X Y L R.

Jesus Christ, the QoL.

Everyone recognizes most of the latin alphabet these days, because even if they didn't have english in school (unlikely, but possible) they 100% had math.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
looks like they fixed their poo poo patch servers too, getting 20MB/s patch download.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

anyone have a clue what the Sustaining Potions do? as far as I know the only existing reference to "sustain" in FFXIV is the now-removed Arcanist pet HoT.

Wait. They removed sustain? gently caress.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jinh posted:

Thankfully halatali hard is one of the coolest and most memorable dungeons in the game though.

Gird your loins!

We got halatali hard for uldah gauntlet dungeon and hullbreaker hard for limsa.

Can't wait for Ten Billion Maws of Totorak (hard) gauntlet in SB for the Grindania version.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

EponymousMrYar posted:

with the exciting Raubahn, Merlwyb and Kan-E-Sanna fight in it.

Because the Twin Adders don't have any notable Second in Commands and Kan-E-Sanna's a WHM so they can't really carry a gauntlet dungeon by themselves :v:

It's just gonna be green slime enemies exclusively and every time you get hit you get 20s of non-removable heavy.

Also instance timer is 10 minutes and it takes 11 to run from entrance to exit with heavy.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Thundarr posted:

Now that swimming is in the game, how long until I can get a swimming pool as an outdoor furniture item? Make this happen yoship.

Even if it has to be some goober raised swimming pool instead of an inset pool. And if they can do an inset pool then add outdoor aquariums where I can keep nepto dragons. What I'm saying is I want to turn my house into a water park and I won't rest until my dream is fulfilled.

I still want aquarium walls for my house. Tier 4 just doesn't cut it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

jalapeno_dude posted:

No more having only 400 GP when you switch to a gathering class, so you don't have to waste 2-3 minutes waiting for your GP to tick to full after switching. The GP recovery buff at level 70 is nice too but honestly I think this is more important.

Usually if I do gathering, I'm going to be doing it for an hour or two and set up something to watch on the side and don't really care too much about that tbh.

Definitely a nice change when you're hunting something and you notice the window is up *now* though. Gonna save a couple watered cordials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't mind umbrite at all, but I played very slowly through that step. I'm definitely going to be pissed if there's gonna be some exclusively random drop bullshit like atmas I can't skip though. I'm super super glad I had the relic to skip that one, even if the drop rate wasn't bad, because RNG always fucks me hard when it matters even remotely.

• Locked thread