Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yo I just bought Heavensward on Steam how do I download it/get my codes because the site explaining it is down with the maintenance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nevermind I immediately figured it out on my own

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"world data could not be obtained"

that's a new one on me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yep, this is an MMO expansion launch

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mymla posted:

In 10 years we'll be playing World of Poopsock Online 5 on the first day of release with no downtime or error messages. And we'll look back to the MMO launches of yesteryear and laugh.

No you won't, because the exact reason this is a problem is never ever going to go away!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gently caress I want to level DRK but tanking is scary and I think after machinist I won't want to level much of anything for a while

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ciaphas posted:

Wow, Bard and Machinist really ARE kind of similar, that's basically Gauss Cannon to a T, isn't it?

I think bard has more abilities dependent on WM than Machinist does on Gauss Barrel

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm gettin the shakes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
while the server is down let's appreciate how rad ishgardian chocobo barding is

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
don't use GCD actions on anything but the combo while you have ammo up. It's pretty simple.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
looking at drks and wars poo poo damage and actually survive taking hits makes me question my choice of playing DPS

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
okay it's not just me apparently machinist is the worst parsing dps in the game right now

sure am glad I blew all my leves and the first levels worth of MSQ xp on it!!

time to level dark knight and cry

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Happy Blue Cow posted:

I wouldn't worry at all about them falling short in terms of pure numbers. If they really are below the norm, buffing the potency of some of their abilities is a very simple fix and should happen relatively quickly. The only thing you should care about is whether you find their play style enjoyable or not, because that's the thing that is least likely to change in the short-term.

I think fun is the real problem, though

it's not fun to hammer 1 over and over because you can't get a proc

it's not fun to die over and over in instanced story content while other DPS breeze on through

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah at least you're still doing something

it doesn't help that the sound effect for everything but clean shot is super underwhelming so you literally feel like you're just shooting a pop gun while dragoons do rising spear uppercuts and ninjas do crazy flip slashes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Since I don't have the leves to level drk up I think I'll pick up dragoon again. Seems appropriate for the expansion and they look like they have really cool post-50 abilities.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As a DPS it just feels really nice to suddenly get an astrologian card thrown on you. It makes you thankful in a way healing doesn't if that makes any sense

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Whizbang posted:

The butt window is the source of her power.

the butt echo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kuvo posted:

chairman please do the needful

on one hand I regret being the catalyst for this on the other hand it was hilarious

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fister Roboto posted:

Mountain Dew is a perfectly lore-friendly Hellsguard name.

much like my original attempt at a character, notorious big

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thumbtacks posted:

So how exactly IS machinist? I don't see many people taling about it, most people seem to just complain about bards.

I foolishly took it from 30 to 51 blowing rested xp and like 90 leves and god knows what else

it's not great and needs some kind of major mechanical overhaul

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thumbtacks posted:

Is it just wonky or is it BROKEN? I'm thinking about what to level after my DRK and shooting things seems pretty fun.

Broken? No it actually functions

Just what you get from it functioning isn't worth what you put in

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
and that's your big showpiece post-50 new mechanic

it's junk

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh no, you can still hit 2 and 3

there's just zero reason to unless you have the proc or ammo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
in conclusion, play dark knight you'll be doing better damage anyway

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
parser or not, it feels like the damage you're doing is garbage, and dying repeatedly in the Halatali story instance because I felt like I wasn't doing the damage the game expected me to be able to do was the nail in the coffin for me.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
so bards are still poo poo out of luck then

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SpaceDrake posted:

BRD and MCH balance changes probably won't come until at least 3.0.1, or 3.0.5. I sorta suspect it'll be sooner than 3.1 because holy gently caress is MCH not in a good spot right now, but it was unrealistic to expect those sort of changes this soon.

no I mean the bard glitch where sometimes they'll just stop attacking

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
should I level summoner

I think I should level summoner

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sendo posted:

Tam Tara Hard Mode.

:getin:

(seriously make sure you watch all the cutscenes)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

yooooooo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheHeadSage posted:

What is the best class for soloing stuff at the moment? I want to run through some dungeons solo go get the mapping achievements that I've missed.

probably warrior, big damage and self heals

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Holy poo poo, Coeurlregina? That's a loving pull.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
does anyone else really hope that mystery airship people keep posting pictures of is the Warship from FFII

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
u r mr. gay

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gearhead posted:

I'm fairly sure the only thing BLM 50-60 lacked to be The Blues Brothers was a Chocobo case scene through vendor stalls in Ul'dah.

well I know what class I'm taking to 60 after dragoon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Obligatum VII posted:

They taunted me with the idea of a Ramuh Egi and then immediately crushed my dreams of the beardiest summon. I cannot forgive the post-50 SMN questline.

Yoshi-p said egi glamours are coming soon. You'll get your little beard dad.

My guess for first batch is Leviathan/Melee, Shiva/Tank, and Ramuh/Ranged

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boy oh boy time to sit down and play some FF-

oh

In like four hours I guess

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the abyssal drain thing seems to be an actual bug, at least

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So I dunno if this is a spoiler but the Japanese track has a reference the dub didn't carry over

when talking to Aymeric after the Vault in the english version when he says he has to stop the archbishop, in the Japanese dub he says 'we must stop my father...no, we must stop the Primal "Knights of Round"

kind of a huge shift there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mordiceius posted:

The Japanese writing sucks.

at least in main story quests there's like no difference 99% of the time they just ran the japanese script through Game of Thrones filters

• Locked thread