Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

My body is ready, but it's 3am and how do I sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

fadam posted:

Working perfectly for me on Goblin server, but I just jinxed it I bet :(
it's only servers that have an actual population on them that are dying

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

gently caress we just figured all the S ranks would give ilevel 180 upgrades too, then server dies and RIP all the timers

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

So is the hunt TS starting back up or are people just using guildworks because everyone uses it now?
guildwork guy isn't doing jack poo poo to update and hasn't since patch 2.3, so have fun on the hunt ts once people stop leveling

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/185390-Let-s-talk-about-Hunts-a-detailed-rundown-of-their-assumed-mechanics/ read all about the new hunts

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Doublestep posted:

Paging Vandes

Do I save all cooldowns on DRG and use them together or just pop them on CD?

I know you at least used to save Ls for B4B

E: sorry, LS not PS
HT -> BL+BFB -> ID -> StrPot -> Dis -> IR+BotD -> CT -> PS+GK -> 4th -> Jump -> Phleb -> DFD/SSD -> TT -> DFD/SSD -> VT -> LegS+LS -> FT -> 4th

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Doublestep posted:

Yeah I know the opener im just trying to figure out if I should be holding IR until B4B is back up later in the fight

use them on CD, no reason not to

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Spoz posted:

re: hunts

you what meight

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Goons, I need to source someone who's a level 60 miner or level 60 botanist on Excalibur and has unlocked the legendary gathering nodes using scrips in The Churning Mists. It is required for spawning one of the S ranks. Please contact me ingame

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'm beginning to think people are treating ffgoons as the new elitistjerks and refusing to go there

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Man Alexander (YouTube mode) was easy

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

The little noise when the missles get sucked into the puddles you drop by killing adds in Alex 1 is so good.
It's almost as good as the sound of a coblyn dying

ALMOST

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Bland posted:

Self Destruct in A1 is an enrage. If your DPS is complete rear end and you get to like 10 cycles they'll come down and start channeling Self Destruct together.
:stare:

We almost beat it after only a single cycle last night, how do you even go to four?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Meldonox posted:

I did DF with a partial Goon party last night and had enrage twice (the two times we even got that far). When I had to start tanking the second one suddenly nothing got done. We had a SMN who kept dying and having keyboard problems (if you're reading this I love you anyway and don't blame you for any of it) and a couple of our pubbie DPS were STILL lower on the meter.
Self-destruct is a mechanic that begins once one of the two things are dead, you've gotta bring them down almost at the same time like in Coil turn 1. You sure this isn't what you were seeing?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's mentioned on the previous page, but if you take too long both of them just start Self Destructing yes.
I'm just trying to regain faith in the players of this game, man

but all is lost

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Clicking teleports has been in since June 5th, 2014

you guys :sigh:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Buffs>(2x fire4>fire1) repeat intill oom or 10s on enochain > bliz 3 > bliz 4 > repeat

Enochain about to wear off and its not off cd> use all your mana in fire 2.0 dps mode > bliz 2.0 dps mode > repeat or go back to enochain rotation

this is how you do 800 dps

now try a rotation with 1300

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Reminder that live letter is going live in 28 minutes http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

quote:

Q21. It’s often difficult to find the NPCs and quest points for the quests in Churning Mists. Are there plans to adjust this?

A21. I definitely think we kind of over did it with the Moogle-related quests, so we will be careful in the future not to have these kind of quests. It seems like there is a high amount of hatred towards the Moogles who keep getting lost.
pray return motherfucker

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

there better be a fuckin vanu dance line always in the goblet

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Silvergun1000 posted:

Nope, they were not up at the same time, and at any rate, that's not how the game reports damage.
At this point you're either full of poo poo, misremembering or in denial. Record it or something

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

psymonkey posted:

There were about 5 people standing around watching it happen just like he describes it and all were equally puzzled. But other people on reddit are saying 500 is impossible in i180 so I dunno maybe it's a visual bug or something
it is fully possible if there is more than one DoT on the target. Maybe you're hiding other people's detrimental effects and thus did not see there already was another effect on the target?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

After the dragoon discussion last night I sat down when I got home so I could parse out some numbers. I currently 549 SS with a 2.42 second GCD.

I tried a number of runs where I alternate CT and FT combos and ones where I still typically would go CT FT FT CT. I had BoD up all of the time and did not use any other cooldowns or abilities. I made sure to hit my combo finishers in the right spot.

The ultimate conclusion I came to is it's a slight dps loss to step on CT and disembowel. The difference is pretty much negligible, though. When they had the exact same crit rate I saw about a 10 DPS drop by simply alternating my combos.

BoD and the combo finishers add about 50 DPS. Without BoD up, alternating cost me another 20 dps vs the 2.x rotation.

So really, it's situational. Do you have another dragoon in the party? Don't alternate as you will lose more because their disembowel helps you. If you have a machinist or bard in the party and no other dragoon, alternate because you'll be hurting their DPS with disembowel off for 2-3 GCDs. If you're the only piercing damage type, it's slightly better to not alternate combos.

source your quotes

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

because it's not Excalibur. what did you think the reason was?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Dubious posted:

this game is far more fun when you dont parse and just push buttons as best you can and have fun. Not being easily parsable is my favorite thing about this game, and I can be as casual as I want and see the content.
I, too, enjoy being carried through content that I feel entitled to experience without having to put in an effort

:patriot:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

sword_man.gif posted:

that's basically the problem. there's zero feedback that you're doing a rotation poorly and doing bad dps. it's very easy to tell when a tank or healer is loving up, and very hard to tell when a dps is without using a parser.
yes there is!

people are failing the solo instances and getting echo. that should be an indicator, but instead people are calling those solo instances too hard

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

bonewitch posted:

Solo instances don't tell you anything. The game doesn't say "You failed because your dps was literally worse than someone rolling a baby over a keyboard" and certainly doesn't give you tips on how to improve
it is the closest thing to ANY kind of feedback you're getting

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

I just unlocked the library, time to go read a guide so I cant disappoint 3 strangers on the internet! Or even talk to them.

nobody gives a poo poo if you know the dungeon

just know how to play your own job properly

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Chyea posted:

Hello, what does the Steam Gasket do?
it goes gobbieboom on flatlander backside

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Rafzakael posted:

But...its been doing that for a while, I have shitloads of clusters from doing nothing from mining for the past week. I don't think that's it.
I will be very surprised if it is intended to be able to get the full amount from the lowest tier collectability

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I wish the localization team had an "off" button for their fluff translations where precision is wanted.

such as ability names and/or descriptions

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Vermain posted:

I've got it fully enabled (everything checked aside from Alliance members). I'm just still having trouble believing that it's parsing correctly when the top DPS in A3 is a Warrior.
no, people are just _that_ bad

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

Look at all these goons calling the vit lover an idiot without reading his follow up post. You all can full str tank Alex solo queue all you want but I like to be safe then sorry like the op. If that means going fill vit or a mix then so be it.
It's a fight where any bonus DPS you can get out is going to help the group, a fight where having poo poo DPS is punishing you by giving you DOUBLE the HP to take down based on how much you failed to shave off in time. You do not need more HP, healers just need to actually heal you and no try excuse their own failures on others

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Pierson posted:

What about A3? Specifically the hand phase with the stacking vulns? Not intending to be an rear end in a top hat, I have no investment in this argument I'm just curious. Because that phase has seen me on sub-1000 health more than any other phase of any other fight in Heavensward so far.
you're supposed to share the damage with the other tank until it splits, then you tank them in opposite directions so both tanks don't get hit by the stacks

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

ghostinmyshell posted:

After getting introduced to ACT and improving my DPS from poo poo to okay, I see that it also does functions like notifications for boss timers and abilities like Windower and DBM from WoW. Problem is all the information and configuration I can dig up is in moon language and there isn't a premade boss trigger config yet in english that I would have to figure all this out myself... unless someone else has!

https://github.com/anoyetta/act_timeline
of course there isn't a premade set of DBM things for it

they aren't necessary

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Leal posted:

The tank has all str accessories so the healer needs to keep on top of keeping his glass jawed rear end up.
vitality does not grant more defense

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

meet your new best friend

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Faust wasn't too bad

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Holidae posted:

My static had a lot of trouble getting past Faust last night. I'm our Scholar and since everyone else's DPS is rock solid,
Define rock solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Rei_ posted:

Every time I see an update on A3 Savage it's just a lot of screaming and emojis

I'm sitting here quietly hoping you walk in there and Living Liquid just sets himself on loving fire or something and it's like surprise motherfucker
there are jails in this fight on savage

• Locked thread