Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuai
May 25, 2004
BLM is kill. Time to play SMN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuai
May 25, 2004
tbh SE has been pretty good with their patches/maintenance :shrug:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
IM IN WORLD FIRST

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So is Excalibur hosed or just the old non instanced zones :negative:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Its times like this where I regret having the authenticator.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
The "queue" is a joke and you simply can cancel it out and re-enter the world and it will just let you skip to the front half the time.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Are there no 50-60 hunting logs?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Does it seem like loading zones is insanely fast now?

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Boten Anna posted:

Thank you, crashed materia market, my Ragnraok is now ready for 3.1

It took me 7 loving Savage Might IVs to get the last one to stick, at 50% chance :argh: At least they all cost less than 50k each.

You really didn't think this out did you.....

Kuai
May 25, 2004
DRK is really fun and all the cutscenes look cool with a giant loving sword on your back

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Benson Cunningham posted:

So I've been playing this for two days now, just hit lvl 18. I had a few questions.

1. Are there any sidequest lines it would behoove me to get started on now that I will regret not doing later? I started as a Conjurer, if it matters. I just completed the emissary quest and visited the other 2 capitals.

dont waste your time on "le epig meme hildibrand" until you get to 60.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Does HW include a DX11 installer?

Kuai
May 25, 2004

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Is it just me or are dps queue times for HLDR utterly hosed? 30-45+ minutes this week, even with in-queue selected. Average wait to 5-8 minutes too, you dicks.

HLDR sucks dick cause it gives no xp from kills.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
The lvl 60 DRK quest owns bones.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So what is going to be the fastest way to level alt jobs to 60? Doing the highest lvl dungeons and Nthan fates while in queue?

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Minrad posted:

You can no longer get platinum packs from playing against NPCs in the TT Tournament, apparently. Not enough points.

Literally what is the point of the TT tournament now. They nerfed it for the people who only play NPCs get jack poo poo while the same people who win every time are still winning.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I finished leveling my BLM to 60 and now sit in DPS queues instead of using my DRK for instant queues because of how terrible DPS has been in general in the 60 dungeons.

And I play soccer spirits on my phone while waiting :colbert:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Looks like the culinarian quest didn't even need spoilers. Perhaps Yoshi knows more about future content than we do?!?!!?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is Alexander this tuesday? I thought it was 4 weeks after launch.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Got to the enrage in A1 and the tank used the lvl 3 lb.

A1 has an enrage? :chanpop:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
The "good" Alex gear will probably be drops in Savage anyways or a pure token for one piece. Normal mode seems to just give casual players a goal each week to get the token they want. It's as if SE wants people to keep playing the game for a long period of time.....

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I got kicked out of an Aery for AOEing on SMN and "not following target marks"

Why are tanks such big cucks?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I find it funny that I'm using my verizon wireless tethering to play the game and have no problems with it yet a friend with fios keeps bitching about it.

Also I had fios in socal and it was great, i miss it dearly.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
My Razer Gaming Keyboard doesn't have F13-24 therefore it is not standard :colbert:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
They named them Paladins because Japan literally thinks Americans are idiots and would wonder why a Knight could cast healing spells.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Thyrork posted:

Wow. :magical:

... Surely the American localization team would have made that choice? :raise: Admittedly I'm pretty ignorant regarding Final Fantasy's roots and how it was translated originally.

I doubt the FF14 team had anything to do with calling them Paladins since there was no way they would call them Knight since FFXI called them Paladins.

The FFXI localization team thought Americans wouldn't like a "Holy Warrior" being called a simple Knight.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
no 5ilvl increase for the A4 savage wep? Thats uhhh weird.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So what parser should I be using? I never really bothered with one this whole time but since switching to SMN and always forgetting to use shadow flare my friend told me his parser has cooldown timers for abilities .

Kuai
May 25, 2004
The relic weapon won't actually be a weapon and instead be a helm that makes your eyes glow according to your job stone :unsmigghh:

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Moldy Taxes posted:

From what I remember, the Lightning event happened when Lightning Returns came out in Japan and North America, then again as part of the anniversary celebration. It might come back again next month with the Shantotto and Dragon Quest events.

If they ran the event again, I wonder if there'll be new weapons for NIN/DRK/AST/MCH.

you just posted the reason why it will never come back.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Let F4/B4 give 1 second extension to astral/umbral or something. wouldnt be able to spam it and you would have more room to gently caress up. as it stands now playing BLM isnt really fun anymore.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

All of your blm gear works just fine with summoner.

until you start buying AF2

Kuai
May 25, 2004

First person to design an afro for females will win

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Miley Virus posted:

Christ, why would Square do that? I kind of interpreted it as a weird way of wording that you couldn't activate the codes in Steam itself, but that's kind of an insane way of dealing with things.

e: I imagine that I could yell at customer support a bunch to get the key exchanged for one that'd work on my account but I get the feeling that Square-Enix customer support isn't great to deal with.

I'm pretty sure they will not exchange a code for a steam one. I have never heard of it happening.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Fluegel posted:

So I just finished the 2.0 story by getting dragged through the Praetorium. Now there's a whole bunch of content and I'm not sure where to start. Should I just continue with the story quests? Any important things to unlock? Should I even bother with lvl50 dungeons? There's so much to do!

Just do the story quests and be sure not to waste time on the meme Hildibrand quests that goons will try to make you waste your time on.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Meiteron posted:

Frankly, I don't think they will put Echo into Alex Savage. Why would they? Echo was there because there was actual plot and cutscenes of merit in Coil, so that people who couldn't put in Raid-level hours or weren't at Raid-level skill could at least see the content. Maybe pick up gear for glamours. Later they added some materials for desynth or crafting in the older content.

There is nothing in that paragraph which is not already covered or could be covered by Alex Normal. You don't need to make Alex Savage Easy Mode because that already exists.

They can call it Y'shtola's blessing or something if you are such a lore nerd.

They will always nerf outdated content just so people can experience it. Why waste it on the top 5% of players once its been outdated? Just slap echo and nerf some abilities and call it a day.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
You guys do realize what game your playing right? Don't act so surprised the anime hair won.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Xenoveritas posted:

The queue implementation is really dumb: it basically polls the server every 10 seconds or so to see if you're at the front of the queue. So if the queue is like five people and you'd be let in almost instantly, you can just cancel out and try again without losing your place in queue (for some reason) and thereby getting in faster than waiting for it to check again.

You can do that at any queue number :ssh:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
What happened to our companion from 1.0? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So does Yoshi have a fetish for people losing eyes?

• Locked thread