Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SirPhoebos posted:

I understand the nostalgia, but I was approaching the question from the POV of tanking.

The one use I could conceive was an alternative way of pulling hate off the main tank if Provoke is on cooldown or something.

You can use it, to heal people who have taken damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

Does it matter which floor you get them from? (Other than THIS IS THE ONLY EFFICIENT MODEL OF GEARING UP?)

it's the most efficient model of gearing up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It might not be them being idiots in terms of pulling bad or whatever, but sometimes people just have really, really lovely gear. A friend of mine was healing a level 36 DK the other day who had two rings (+CP and one of the starting rings, respectively) and no other accessories, and was primarily wearing level 15-20 DoW gear other than that. Unsurprisingly he needed healed from the first hit every single pull.

As a fun note it was pointed out that he needed to upgrade his gear in the future and it'd make things go faster (since healers could DPS) and smoother, and the response was "meh, never had issues before".

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Volt Catfish posted:

Paladin's combat animations are pretty lame although I have not seen the animations for 50-60 skills

The 50-60 skills look cool as gently caress

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

It certainly isn't the first final fantasy game to go there. Frankly it's so stupid that it's great.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

kafziel posted:

I feel like they could easily fix the entire class by making Fire IV and Blizzard IV instant-casts, or like 1 second cast bars maybe.

Uhhh but I like Fire and Blizzard 4 having actual casts??

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you find the conversations in PBC "serious" by any metric other than "people sometimes reference a game mechanic" then I'm not really sure what you consider laid back

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Merlwyb's new voice is especially annoying to me. She sounds like a completely different person and not nearly as cool as before.

She was never cool

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Moldy Taxes posted:

Weapon damage is a pretty big deal, but if a pub pops into my Ravana party tonight with his Eso body I'm not gonna flip out on him.

I will. Die pubbie scum.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sword_man.gif posted:

i think we need a bunch more stupid arguments where people defend bad choices with the colbert emoticon and/or replying to posts you disagree with with the ever hilarious "source your quotes" meme

My bloodlust cannot be sated once I see someone post something I disagree with followed by the shobon or shrugging guy emote.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

Because I dare not venture into the WoW subforum, I'll say here that the new WoW expansion looks yawn-worthy.

10 levels. Burning Legion returned. Legendary customizable weapons.

Im not even saying this as a hater or anything because I'm not. I just find myself incredibly apathetic toward it.

Ok.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't really want to go into the army subforum, but anyone else in the FFXIV thread really want to kill all cops?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Wonder Turbine posted:

Think I found your problem.

Male characters are cool.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tenzarin posted:

It is literally the easiest mechanic to learn, Fire3>fire4x3>Bliz3>Bliz4>repeat. OmG 4 buttons!

Is this actually better than F4x2 F1 repeat?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eimi posted:

Yeah the fancy 6 f4 opener is fun and you can do it no matter what. I feel like the 3x F4 is easier to pull despite the requirement to sit there for 9s. For whatever reason, I can pull it off better and it feels better than the 2x F4 F1 2x F4. Also going with the 2xF4 I have a much harder time slipping in Thunder casts or responding to casts due to how it takes longer to pull off and thus requires more Enochian on the clock.

I mean either way Enochian is a dumb anti-fun mechanic, but at least Tenzarin's way lets me play blm without actively hating every second of it.

I like Enochian.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my loving God I'm so sorry for asking about BLM

Why? People just discussed mechanics.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you really think blm is just ranged monk now then idk what to say to you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nuru posted:

Posts like that make me sad because it probably means that person is having a not great life outside the game.

Hell, same.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fister Roboto posted:

I've had several tanks who throw a tantrum when I ask for a full clear and threaten to bail or go AFK for wasting their precious tank time.
Rightfully so.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Doublestep posted:

There's nothing more goony than intentionally being an idiot to make not-idiots mad

Wow sounds like you have care and/or are mad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dukka posted:

the false and utterly worthless ideal of ~raiders' honor~

drat those funhaters!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vil posted:

Correction: Pipin is Shulk (Adam Howden). Alphinaud is played by Colin Ryan.

Other Xenoblade VAs:

Aymeric is Alvis (Blake Ritson).
Urianger is Mumkhar (Tim Watson).
Lahabrea is Vangarre/Square-tache (Alec Newman).
Raubahn and Zephirin are Gadolt (Nick Boulton).

e: Removed spoiler tags.

Is Illberd not Tim Watson too? It seriously sounds just like his Mumkhar voice.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Boten Anna posted:

A cool reason to do Mystic Knight in XIV would be that they would finally have a Mystic Knight in an FF game worth playing because they can't do poorly balanced, unfun throwaway poo poo jobs in a theme park MMO like they can single player ones/XI, which is the category Mystic Knight has historically been in.

Uhhhh MK was super good in 5

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

vOv posted:

Wait what do you mean the lyrics are canon?

They were talking about the two opening songs and how there's a lot of lore baked into the lyrics and then Koji said something about most of the songs being canon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So is PVP in FFXIV actually good now?

I guess that depends on what you didn't like about it before

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kuvo posted:

WAR quests lv 52-60 are muscular roegadyns getting sweaty and slapping each other.

what's there not to like?

I appreciate that the warrior questline gives a canonical explanation for being a tank; Your character has done all these amazing feats that basically no other warrior has, and it turns out the reason you can is because protecting others unleashes the TRUE inner beast.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

vOv posted:

I don't recognize what it's a picture of, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4phUCJlomPo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fishious posted:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/276033-Next-Relic-make-use-of-Extreme-trails?p=3491166&viewfull=1#post3491166

I think I found why hellgrinds are considered casual content: chronically unemployed lunatics on the OF think playing 8-15 hours a day is casual because they don't raid.

Casual usually just means easy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ciaphas posted:

This right here is why people always said 'source your quotes' before someone got pissy about that becoming a meme :cripes:

It was me and I stand by it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I've been off this game for about a year, basically played a week of 3.1 and stopped, do people still use WTFast? I remember hearing it isn't free anymore but the game definitely felt sluggish without it. I saw that mudras are client-side now which was one of the biggest offenders, but the game in general just felt less responsive than something like WoW without WTFast. Is there a different free option people use?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont think you should use the power of the kelly edits for thread slapfights. imho.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

seiferguy posted:

If Fister Roboto really cared, he would have told me a few days ago when I showed it to him :)

thank you for being a respectful gamer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Saigyouji posted:

There's a kid in the Gold Saucer who looks like a Hyur whose father is a Roe, although maybe Roe kids just look like Hyur.
Maybe they're adopted

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

Also - what the gently caress. I have so far received FOUR male au ra recruits. No female au ra. No highladies. One catgirl. No roegadames.

Lucky.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The stereotype for all race players is "Wow! This person plays a cool race, nice!"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Could someone link a guide for gathering? I don't have the insane capital necessary to fully meld my gear optimally but I'd like to make some light cash with botany. Since I really haven't touched it since 3.0 I'm not sure where I should get started. Also I want that sick rear end gathering cap I saw someone wearing the other day.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Every single quest ends with someone being like "Guess it's time to turn myself in to the cops."

It's more like "Pray, guess it be time I be turnin' meself and me own into th'cops."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It sorta blows me away that there's no Icy Veins equivalent for FFXIV considering how massively popular it is, even something as simple as a collection of the jobs' various rotations/priorities. From what I can tell there's just hushed rumors, dated guides, and sometimes excel documents of questionable usefulness spread around a dozen different sources.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Farg posted:

bluegartr is a bad site because not only is it next to useless for endgame info, its chock full of tanaka apologists

Are there any good sites?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"Market bored" doesn't make any gosh danged sense and doesn't relate to the joke!! It's just a random pun!! Argh!!!

• Locked thread