Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bland posted:

It was correct. The servers are live at 9:00 GMT. It is currently 8:13 GMT.

24hr maintenance is difficult for people to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

Is it just wonky or is it BROKEN? I'm thinking about what to level after my DRK and shooting things seems pretty fun.

It isn't broken, just subpar. Early on it feels like ARC, to me.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Who Dat posted:

Anyone else have to reset passwords today because of "suspected suspicious activity"? Really odd because I'm extra meticulous about online passwords and computer security, and I resubbed just last week after having to go through an ordeal to get my email changed and password reset to even access my account.

Oh well. DLing the 3gb release patch now. Who knows..

Do you use the authenticator?

Edit: if you're more meticulous than "actually changes your passwords" you can cause false positives, like if you're using VPN often or changing IPs frequently.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 24, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I am destined to be stuck on Ravana, I guess. This expansion has been a serious letdown between the ridiculous barrier to flight and somehow being completely unable to get seven people decent at this game together for an unchallenging boss fight.

And don't tell me to ask the guild, I've been completely ignored four loving times.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I'm not Smash Ko, nor have I trolled the guild. I just think it's crazy that I've been asking for help since early access and ignored so often, even when I was persistently annoying. But yeah, that attitude doesn't help, I'll PUG it and suffer. Thanks.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

FrancoFish posted:

You annoy the poo poo out of people and then cry about it when people don't want to deal with you? You aren't making anybody here feel bad about themselves.

onesixtwo posted:

DGKK or PBC? And is this four times of 'hey come help me do this trial' during FC rambling at whatever stupid bullshit, or did you actively annoy them until a group filled? It takes more than asking a single time for people to pay attention and or notice. Whenever I offer to help newbies on doing stuff, I usually take over asking in /fc for them since they are afraid to ask more than once every hour it seems. We don't mind spam, half of FC chat is white noise.

Annoy them until a group fills up. It can be, and does get done multiple times a day. Rage posting on the forums isn't really gonna get you much response other than 'ask the fc' because thats what literally everyone else does.

Really, there's no winning.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Technogeek posted:

SE seriosely if you make a story like heavensward .... you really should let us choice which path to follow

I for one would love to help the dragons slaughter every man woman and child in isgard after that story

its in their blood to commit the same sins over and over again thats why the dragons need to do a purg to end it once and for all its not psychotic

and again dragon wants revenge he should be allowed to get it..... Forgiveness is for the weak ,pathic and stupid

Was this a repost or are you drinking? Your heart's in the right place. With XIV's heavy usage of in-game cutscenes, branching stories are easier to pull off, especially if they kept the general area progression similar.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Veev posted:

Maybe they will turn into good memories one day.

Yoshida: No, I don't think so.

He kneeeeeew!

What beautiful trolls.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
That full interview mentions Yoshi-P and Matsuno talking while drinking and planning new content.

Could this expand to FFXIV: Ivaliceward? :fap:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

a kitten posted:

I've playing this game for a year and still am learning more and more about how messed up 1.0 apparently was.

Once I heard details about FFXIV I resubscribed to XI.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jia posted:

They're really boring.

They fill the time between queues for dps and healers, hard to take offense to that.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Copperbell HM is fun though, especially when your tank pulls the entire bridge???

Like, I'm sick of it now, but I remember not hating the dungeon.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

The problem isn't with the content itself, it is with how good the general player base is at handling it. And they're very bad at Copperbell HM

This is true. First drat boss even.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
You can craft if you want to... You can let your friends grind.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Eerkik posted:

Is most of the population doing HW / done leveling or am I just unlucky? At best I see one or two people doing low level fates, usually I just end up soloing them if I do them. I've spent most of my time in la noscea fwiw, though when I did the anniversary quest (which was loving rad) there were quite a few people doing it

e: also thanks for the dye knowledge manyorcas!

Most of the population that got HW were playing it two weeks before release. Not only are they done leveling, most of them are done with the 60 dungeons, The Fractal Continuum and Neverreap.

Maybe once a day for EXDR but no more, and like anything else tanks are in short supply.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No true in tera, but Im sure thats the one outlier.

Tera lets you play as a pug.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Olesh posted:

Free companies are capped at 512 members. There are three goon free companies.

Linkshells are capped at 128 members.

What you're asking for cannot exist in the game currently.

Edit: Also, let's be honest, you probably don't actually want to have 1500 goons in a single chat channel.

I wonder how many SA goons are actually in each guild? Since we can invite friends/family. I'd be shocked if we fit into a single LS, but two? Wouldn't surprise me.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

[9:15]You obtain Gestahl.

He rolls over when you /pet him.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I want that puppy!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Needs a level 55 fishing retainer with 312 gathering to do waterside ex 18. I just got really loving lucky. They are available on the MB on excal for about 2.6 million gil.

I don't have either of those things, just a good home to adopt a cute lil puppy into!!

Note: character is actually homeless.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Wonder Turbine posted:

I've never seen anybody screw up in Sastasha.

You live in a strange world, but your advice is solid.

I regularly end up the tank in Sastasha on my WHM.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Obligatum VII posted:

Sometimes I mess up clicking off cleric stance and proceed to feel really dumb after wondering why my heals did absolutely nothing. I think that's a fundamental FF14 healer experience.

Happened too often on WHM :negative:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
And if you reset or replace your phone you need to unlink it first.

That's an argument for the physical token, they last forever. Mine's probably ten years old.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

KaneTW posted:

Sufficiently dumb emptyquoting is indistinguishable from the real thing.

Oh right, Poetic's Law.

Also, healer DPS is practically mandatory as long as people aren't dying.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Look up Coil of Bahamut lore on YouTube, there's a fantastic recap video.

I cleared turn 5 before Heavensward came out! :unsmith:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

good news friends i bought a lot of whiskey now i can drink yay

i have a 52 warrior and a 24 ACN, my goal is both a 60 war and a 60 smn

make me a drinking game that will help me level but won't kill me

Pour a drink, run a dungeon.

They take 45-60 minutes, that gives your body time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

what does the life of a crafter look like? you craft poo poo forever and then die?

You start going through the HW story after everyone's tired of Alexander, if my girlfriend is any indication. :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

They need more long hairstyles for women. Too many short hair or ponytail looks. I just want some with long hair that goes half way down the back.

That will clip through every robe you own.

Lots of us don't mind, but that's their reasoning.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

KaneTW posted:

Except, you know, their proportions are completely surreal. I don't think you can find a real person with that thigh to rest-of-body ratio.

It's okay guys, they're ANIME children

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr E posted:

Probably gonna resub to the game now that I'm done with school and stuff. Are Mechanists better than they were at expac release?

Machinists are cool and fun and stylish. Plus you get to be like Mustadio.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

I knew I should have bought a goatse mug when I had the chance.

Those mugs were actually nice.

Making every one of my roommates distinctly uncomfortable was a hilarious fringe benefit.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Martman posted:

RNG just means random number generator, I don't understand how so much more can be attached to it?

Computers are more predictable than random, especially using an old computer and tricks to make it MORE random.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Daniel posted:

I guess it's really about how much FATE grinding you can stomach, because doing FATEs in that time is going to be a lot better for you in terms of experience but it's certainly a lot more tedious and I wouldn't begrudge someone going down a questing rabbithole for a while instead

It's pretty easy to go through the game doing quests, dungeons as you unlock them, and nearly never doing FATEs unless Lightning happens to be hanging out.

Why ever FATE grind?? If you don't have to grind.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I've played endgame on WHM since 2.0 without it, I'm inclined to agree. :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Colgate posted:

If the Chairman wanted you to roll an Elin in TERA, would you?

gently caress no.

Tera lets you play as a pug. Not what you're thinking, a goddamn huge pug dog.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ntan1 posted:

So, I will explain comprehension to the forums daily, every last week, every week, with every passion.

This thread replicates my non-raiding frustrations as others know what player base will raid. Myself wanting to keep you from getting our performance intermediate portion of the loyal players. it's EVEN MORE CHALLENGING to find the insightful, a shiver have to be had.

Are you guys running forums posts through Google Translate a few times or something? :psyduck:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Eej posted:

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with capturing Cthulhu and using him as a power source tbh considering he'd just liquify all our brains if we left him alone.

This is really excellent logic.

Boten Anna posted:

Until infrastructure falls out of political favor and is the first thing cut and the lax safety standards cause him to break out and flay all of our minds. And we thought we were so clever with our mglw'nafh burgers and naTsathoggua fries, too.

This shows... a complete understanding of America and our miserable politics :negative:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

megalodong posted:

(they let RMT lock down an entire endgame region of 11 for over half a year because they didn't want to admit their game was able to be botted).

Was that Sky, Tanaka's tenth circle of hell?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Near the end of 2.X. Oh, well, you know. These days, he's less of a man than he used to be. :v:

He's all right.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

On3moresoul posted:

Who the hell renames all of the characters in FFVI like that?

Most people who play RPGs rename the characters to their friends/family, it's super common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

jigokuman posted:

Obtained during the Final Fantasy XI / Dragon Quest X / Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration Event (January - February 2014).

:(

They're doing another FFXI event soon, and Dragon Quest XI is coming out too! Don't despair. :)

• Locked thread