Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

psymonkey posted:

In anticipation of all the garbage first time tank DRKs, I've looked up what you need to know to help them out. If you're in such a group, here is the phrase you need to use:

"spam Unleash more please :^)"

the gently caress you tell me to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

good news, launch is cancelled go to bed

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Forward_Bee posted:

That drat cinematic spoiled everything for me. That's what I get for walking away in defeat and coming back with renewed hope.

ABANDON YOUR FALSE GODS AND GO TO BED.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

BEEAARR!! posted:

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties preventing players from accessing certain Worlds. The issue is currently under investigation, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing, and we thank you for your understanding."

[Affected Worlds]
・Balmung
・Behemoth
・Chocobo
・Excalibur
・Hyperion
・Mandragora

Huh. Weird I'm playing just fine.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Gishin posted:

Progress.

oh my

god

becky

look at her armor

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

cat doter posted:

Seems square enix under estimated how many pre-orders they'd be getting.

gb2 the gb thread

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fount of knowledge posted:

Some of y'all have been sitting here refreshing a page for an hour and 15 minutes straight.

youve been posting on an internet forum since 2007

which is worse here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm`????????????????????????????????

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Keraraydran posted:

Back in on Excalibur!

YOU KNOW, HOPE IS A MISTAKE

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

The RoI on FATES seems really bad. They take forever and only give 8-16k xp for a gold as far as I can tell.

Also, Deliverance owns and Wrath doesn't give Parry even though the tooltip on the buff says it should.

EDIT: Actually it looks like Abandon isn't giving a crit bonus either, unless that sort of thing wouldn't show up on the stat screen for some reason.

Considering that's a lot more than what they gave I'm not sure why this seems bad to you?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

Are you sure about that? I remember FATEs contributing way more, but I guess that was with Armory Buff.

Either way it's a waste of time. You can skip story cutscenes and get ~50k every 5-10 minutes, or you can do a Templeleve and get ~60k slightly slower.

Armory buff gives 100% which means more now, please shut the gently caress up.

fadam posted:

Because my friends play this game.

You don't have friends don't tell stories.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

You know you don't get the armory bonus unless you have a character above the one you're leveling right? Why would I be getting the armory bonus?

You were the one who brought up the armory buff you idiot.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

Yeah, to explain why I remembered the % per level a FATE gave being higher when I was leveling other classes. Why are you so upset? Did you design the FATES for Western Coerthas?

:getout:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

posting again to say (what someone else pointed out to me) that dragon girls have an incredible resting bitch face

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mazed posted:

What's the most overused Lizardgirl tail and hair so far?

Neither used inthe picture are overused.

we are unique and amazing

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Minrad posted:

(Igual Mente) one sec please
(Minera Radisky) more like uno moMENTE am i right

:golfclap:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Boogaleeboo posted:

I can not stress enough how amazingly great the Dark Knight quest up to 50 is. They sell the description as some rogue knight that helps the helpless, but that could not be farther from what the quest-line is actually about. What Dark Knight *really* is is you having a massive psychotic break over how unfairly bullshit your life is. It is the best!

This was a thing I liked a bunch for the DRK quests and probably make it my favorite class quest line.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Furnaceface posted:

Maybe the poor timing is the leading cause of this, but this game is terrible. Literally every server is greyed out for making new characters right now. Bang up job there Squenix, launch an expansion to draw in new players but prevent them from actually loving playing. :thumbsup:

Yep you nailed it, now gently caress off.

Stormgale posted:

DRK Quest Question It's fight club right, where the other knight is a figment of your imagination/manifestation of your darkness right? only done the first

you're not very far off in a sense. It's PRETTY GREAT

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

HelloPlatypus posted:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but my friend just pointed it out to me and this totally has to be a bug or something because it's just too good to be intentional.

Turns out WAR's Raw Intuiton skill (20s guaranteed parry from front, guaranteed crits from attacks in the flank/back) also guarantees critical heals from the back and flank as well for the duration. It's essentially a 20 second hallowed ground with a SCH adlo bombing you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbOkyU7_YTI

There's no way this is legit, right?

I can't think why it would be, but then again, it does say guaranteed crits from the back and flank. Technically accurate if a healer is healing from that spot. :v:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Tsurupettan posted:

Can't take you seriously, when you talk about SS the party is now much better, when it pretty much does not stop any damage anymore. Stoneskin is good in exactly one situation: When someone got 10k health and you know there will be a hit for 10,1k. Else it would be just dumb to cast it, because it is expensive like poo poo.

End Game Raiding is by the way not the "bigger picture". Endgame Raiding is the little Freak Show for ~1% of the players. And it was never the point, that Whm can't heal anymore. There was no nerf. But every healer class can do that (and shield much better, too, now even more than before).

That Raw Intuition thing is obviously a ridiculous bug.

What you miss is a comparison. Throwing in single numbers is worthless.

What?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

sword_man.gif posted:

expansion hot takes on class balance by people who have no idea wtf they're talking about

like the guy who leveled dark to 54 then wrote an essay about how dark would never be used for anything

every new class is bad, and all the old classes are rendered worthless by the new classes

link

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

This post loving sucks.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Cat on a Cold Stone Roof is now the best quest name theyve ever used and I hope there are more Tennessee Williams references.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mr. Vile posted:

He's kinda right about a lot of it as far as I can see, though. I'm enjoying DRK and all but a lot of the abilities have WAR or PLD equivilants that are just flat-out better. Like, Shadow Wall is 30% damage reduction for 10 seconds in a 180 second cooldown. Compare that to Vengenace, which is 30% damage reduction for 15 seconds on a 120 second cooldown, plus free counterattacks. Reprisal is a counter that can only be used after parrying, and lowers enemy damage by 10% for 20 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown.Meanwhile, Storm's Path is a standard combo attack with no cooldown that lowers enemy damage by 10% and can be kept up all the time. I don't even know what Dark Passenger is supposed to be for, it's a conal attack on a 30 second cooldown with a hefty MP cost and...nothing else. No enmity bonus, just a 150 potency attack.

I'm hoping it'll change at higher levels with more abilities, but for now it just seems kind of mediocre in a game where the other tank classes are really, really good.

Dark Arts adds to abilities, like

• A 15 second blind to Dark Passenger
  • Adds 20% evasion to Dark Arts 30% parry
  • More enmity to power slash
  • More potency to soul eater
  • More magic vuln reduction to Dark Mind

There probably shouldn't be 100% parity to tank skills, but Reprisals uptime does suck.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Boten Anna posted:

I did, actually.

I'm 90%+ certain that the new relic quest is going to, probably in the first step, involve statting it with materia. The advantage that previous relichavers will have over people making a new one is that they can use what they already have, and have to add just rank 5 materia or something, rather than ALL of them.

A few hundred k as a bet that this will be the case (I was already almost done with this, I might add, I didn't JUST redo it) seems wise. If I'm wrong, oh well, if I'm right, I saved myself millions of gil later.

The market will probably crash more, so maybe I spent more than I really had to, but I wouldn't have even been out nearly as much if I wasn't totally hosed by RNG and had to use 7 of the loving det materias to get the last one to stick.

The only other real risk is if crit/det ends up not being perfect but even with the adjustments to determination, I somehow doubt it.

Gonna be real dumb if you were somehow wrong. :v:

Mr. Vile posted:

I just this minute got Dark Arts and yeah, it really beefs up a lot of abilities. I'm still not sold on Dark Passenger even with the power boost and blind though, unless that blind effect is incredibly potent that's a massive chunk of MP for questionable benefit. I'll experiment with it a bit and find out, I guess.

100% parity would be pretty dull and make the tanks very same-y, yeah. But one tank having an ability that is flat-out superior in every way (ie, Vengeance vs Shadow Wall) is kinda bad too. Dark Arts definitely makes things a whole lot more interesting though, I'm looking forwards to trying the new skill buffs out.

It is a shitton of mana, I agree. Having Dark Dance on a 60 second cooldown is nice though, and Dark Arts buffs it up nicely so I dunno. Take it where you can get it I guess.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Tsurupettan posted:

i hope that the 20% dodge works against bosses in alexander.

Well the blind won't. :v:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Tsurupettan posted:

yeah that was just my subtle call back to featherfoot and coil.

I understood.

e: thank you for clarifying even further because for a while I thought you were talking about monks tanking

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

That's great. This is a great expansion. :allears:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

biopanda posted:

Anyone? Please?

Go to Main Menu>System>Character Config>Log Window Settings>Log Filters maybe? I think?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Countblanc posted:

if you dislike a thing, you're probably autistic.

:agreed:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Ciaphas posted:

We talked about it for a while in PBC FC yesterday, but let's talk about { Dark Arts }. What do you all tend to use it on, and when do you not use it? I'm finding it sort of unsafe to use at below 50% mana; and unless you're at full mana using it with Dark Passenger is practically a death sentence.

Early on I'll pop it for Power Slash (or if I feel like I need the extra enmity), but generally I use it to buff up Dark Dance or Dark Passenger for blind on trash.

I don't use it and dark passenger unless I've got over 50% mana either, generally.

e: I'll also Dark Arts a Soul Eater if I've got high mp and high threat and don't have to worry about either in the immediate future.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 22, 2015

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Game continues to be super loving gorgeous and the music as always owns.

Ciaphas posted:

I only just noticed that it buffs Dark Dance. Oops :downs:. 30% evasion sounds like a pretty loving good tank cooldown to me, assuming it's additive to your base evasion rate.

DRK threat is odd. It seems at times that others cannot possibly catch up to my threat levels so I can freely DA Souleater and ignore Power Slash entirely, other times the DPS manage to sneak up on me threat-wise while I'm too low on MP to bullet back ahead.

It seems like screwing up as DRK gets them hosed a lot harder than the other two tanks. Run out of MP and Darkside drops, some of your biggest threat tools are unavailable and whoops that add just peeled off but you can't get it back and regen mana at the same time because not enough's attacking you for pact to regen your MP and :suicide:

Yeah it's nice for dungeon stuff. I'm kind of wondering how threats going to be at 60 but as of right now a couple Dark Arts'd Power Slashes handle the job for the most part. Right now having the mana for future things isn't too hard once you've got a good threat lead because gently caress it, spam the combo for mana. Unless something happens that makes you blow all that mana. :v:

The whole mana thing feels super uneven right now.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 22, 2015

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

full pie drk new meta

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thumbtacks posted:

I don't play casters so I can't REALLY answer this question. My friend wants to play something that feels like Fire Mages felt in wow, but I never played one of those. Any ideas/comparisons?

Black Mage?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

:allears:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mazed posted:

So I've barely scratched the surface of the MSQ because I've been having a grand time with the new jobs, and though this probably isn't the first time it's been mentioned here, I wanted to pop in and say :lol: HOLY loving poo poo THE DARK KNIGHT QUESTS. :lol:

Your edgy teenage angst? Nope, that's played. Your secret desire for destruction and bloodshed? Naw, that ain't even a secret. :v: (plus WAR's gotcha covered there) That which fuels your ~inner darkness~ is your irritation with the usual bullshit of being an RPG protagonist. Fetch quests, ungrateful comrades, annoying NPCs, filler after filler, and not even a single good line of dialogue? It added up, and you are your own Fight Club-esque trainer. :allears: It's the finest demonstration of medium-awareness that this game has exhibited yet, and it's wonderful. Jesus gently caress I love the way this game embraces itself.

Also it has given me my newest favorite screenshot of sort-of my character.

Aside from the self-parody, there's a genuine poignant side as well. The climactic turn at the level 50 quest takes place where the local NPCs absolutely hated your guts at first, but openly come out to help you fix yourself. Just, drat, Square-Enix. Well played. :golfclap:

The 30-50 DRK quests are probably my favorite bit of class story content. The 50-60 stuff is pretty good, too.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Dude doesn't use guildwork. He calls it 'voldemort'.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Boten Anna posted:

Koji apparently introduced Yoshi-P and a bunch of the jp dev team to GoT and they're all REALLY into it, and I'm still on the fence about whether that's a good thing after like, 2.4. But at least it's more interesting because you're never sure if your favorite character is safe. RIP Moenbryda.

Wait, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did you really think the absurd amount of ASOIAF references in ARR were all purely coincidence? Hell in 3.0 you have Dusk Vigil full of Castle Black and Night's Watch (oh and don't forget the ice zombie enemies) references specifically. In 2.0 you had things like Sppokycroft's boss using Red Wedding as an attack which was kinda neat, but the aforementioned area and its references are on a whole new level.

Though the use of Tactics Ogre gearsets just makes me want an Ogre Battle event/dungeon/raid even more. You could even give each class an outfit from a major character. PLD can use either Destin or Lans, BLM is Warren, NIN is Vice, DRK is Lans Tartare...etc.

Oh I noticed a ton, no doubt. DV especially but I just attributed that to the localization more than anything. I was expecting some article about Yoshi-P being into GoT after Koji introduced it something which is why I asked. It's great though, it's all been great.

:allears:

• Locked thread