Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

As though a million voices cried out in pain and betrayal.

And were slowly and painfully silenced.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Update Time!

EDIT: Also for those who may be confused that I'm ignoring their advice, this is the last video that we recorded before the thread went up so if that's the kind of thing that super bugs you, that's why!

Alternate text: For those of you confused that Fae is ignoring your advice, boy are you in for a bad time :D

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Geostomp posted:

Now we just need 97 more and a crochet bulborb to cruelly devour them while you desperately whistle to recreate the Pikmin experience.

a pool of water would suffice

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Several Pikmin were lost in battle against the UI

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Speaking of things that are horrible if you think about them too long.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also, Olimar is totally the sort of person who'd buy a gimmicky power throwing arm cybernetic power assist for his arm.

His exploration rocket has a weapon that can destroy stars and KEEP GOING.
That, or it's a neutrino beam that doesn't do anything but can pass through stars.

Either is possible with Olimar.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

gnome7 posted:

Pikmin actually unflower if left in the ground too long. It's a full cycle, not just a linear upgrade. After a set amount of time in the ground (I think its 3 or 4 minutes or so), they advance one stage. If they are still in the ground as flowers when it is time for them to advance again, they become leafs.

Night time advances everything in the ground by 1 stage no matter what, so all those leafs were probably already flowers.

IMO the best strategy is to not have them carry anything back until everything in the area is dead, but both Fae and myself have very short attention spans and I'm not gonna get all up in arms about MY OPTIMAL STRATERGIES in the middle of the videos. Carrying early is fine too, and there wouldn't have been a problem if she'd handled the second frog as well as she handled the first. She didn't, but past me didn't expect that.

Carrying things is fine. Unless it's the end of the day it only needs the listed number though. Unless it's a "gotta run back to get more pikmin anyhow" moment. Because Hauler Pikmin generally don;t get too badly lost.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Bomb Rock Safety...is not demonstrated in this video.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I was going to mention WW2 computers for the analogue era. Whether it's Enigma, or heavy ship fire control, they were a thing.

Bomb safety: how long will it last?

There's a part in here!

This was not the water safety episode.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 8, 2015

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Valgaav posted:

After marathonning all this, I can honestly say that you two have a very Pikmin - Olimar relationship. Fae's pathfinding is horrible, her combat skill is generally lacking, but all Gnome has the capability to do is vaguely order her in different directions and give commands she may or may not actually execute as expected.

This is a glorious comment.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Mistakes were made.

Nothing of value was lost.

Except Fae's humanity.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

This update was so much fun to record! Especially the part where I murdered 13 blues carrying a 20 red pellet back to the onion!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also getting Fae to pull pikmin away from Bulborb/bear mouths and throw them. Olimar doesnot do as much damage as throwing a dozen pikmin to safety.

Gnome is the real danger to Pikmin health.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It's a Snagret. Half Snake, Half Egret. Half your active Pikmin.

I meanwhile am partial to Tim Tams for snacks

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 28, 2015

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes you can and that's what you're supposed to do if you want these fights to go fast at all. Most fights go significantly faster when you use an army of reds instead of anything else in this game.

The exception being the Beady Long Legs where yellows had their only useful moment.
Unfortunately, for the Snagret, the casualties from the deathwater would exceed the benefits from more damage significantly.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

FoolyCharged posted:

Have you seen her aim? It would take a whole video to get them.

That said,taking a full day for a snitchbug/other flying things hunt could be a fun bonus video if it was run at double speed.

Heck, look how much trouble she had with that one blowhog last video.

Fae is not able to take down skyborne foes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

FeralWraith posted:

Watching how Fae's skills have developed from the start until now, it reminded me of this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lxu8nbARYQ.

Also, I really wish I had even an inkling of artistic skill, because for a while now I've had an idea for a picture: A bunch of Pikmin fighting/being eaten by a giant bulborb while Olimar looks on frightened out of his wits, with a single Pikmin standing behind him holding a sign that has "RUDE!!!" scrawled on it. But, alas, all I can do is watch and cheer you two on. Keep going, you can 100% it! We believe in you!

I decided to make your request in psuedo-comic format. Art skill is just handy, not essential!

• Locked thread