Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Szmitten posted:

Favourite game ever I should say. Maybe slip a Rogue Squadron in there somewhere.

Slip me a rogue squadron remake on the wii u :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apparently you can unlock the black and retro arwings without the amiibos so that's cool.

how so ? spoilers if need be, i dont want to buy amiibo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

So I guess I'm retarded at the controls still because the free range mode or whatever still eludes me a bit. Is there a certain thing I'm supposed to do to kill that pig fucker on level 3? I just turned using brakes and boosters to catch him behind me and then hit him with some lasers and charge shots until he zoomed out of my view, but it felt like that took way longer than it should have and it was tedious as hell. And the one guy kept telling me to use the targeting thing but all that does is show me that he's perpetually behind me and doesn't seem to help me do anything about it.

ProTips?

Use your Arwing to fly behind him so you can shoot him and he dies.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

sharrrk posted:

i want to kiss wolf, on the mouth

Please control yourself

E: I need a girlfriend

bef fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 24, 2016

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TechnoSyndrome posted:

lmao are you kidding me. what percentage of the game actually resembles star fox instead of gimmicky bullshit.

This game is starfox to hell. What are you smoking

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I don't understand the gamepad complaint since you can switch to cockpit view by pressing - thereby effectively removing any effort on your eyes and head to look down

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I didn't even know this, so maybe the game should had said that during one of the twelve million times it had the characters yell at me to use the cockpit view.

Even video game masters play beginning tutorials

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I did all of the tutorial stuff. If they mentioned it they said it once and I quickly forgot. I tried this in the Andross fight to get inside his glass tube but found it way more confusing than looking up and down from the GamePad anyway.

I beat Andross by the way. Still a bad fight.

The real way to play the game is by pressing the Minus button as often as you recalibrate. You should be switching between Cockpit and regular view every 5 seconds. My brain is constantly being wacked visually and handfully. Your cockpit views and angles are probably completely borked but drat if you aren't get those far-reaching shots in. I haven't beat Andross yet, i went to bed after i died 3 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goon job!

• Locked thread