Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Actually it's 50 like DKC:TF and Yoshi's Woolly World

It's showing as $59.99 on Best Buy and Amazon.
I guess it's kind of moot though since if you have Prime / GCU that brings it down to $48.

So, people who already have it and are playing it: Good purchase for $48, or should I let it wait until Black Friday and whittle down my already-overlong backlog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

XavierGenisi posted:

I'm not your dad.

:(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

McStephenson posted:

Yeah, some of the attacks near the end got too close together and somewhat aimbot-y, but alt route Corneria wasn't too bad.

Y'know what's fun? Co-op mode. I don't like the term "girlfriend mode" but my wife and I played through the levels I've played so far in coop and had tons of fun. She's not a big starfox person but after a couple of stages playing on the pad and being the gunner said "yeah I could see why people like this".

How do you do co-op? I was looking all over for the option but I never saw it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So you can only co-op on levels your already beat? Ugh.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Calihan posted:

I also miss Falco's smartass Brooklyn voice actor. The new one sounds too soft and half-hearted.

I miss when he would just say "d-d-d-dammit"
Is there a setting to put on SNES voices

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So I guess I'm retarded at the controls still because the free range mode or whatever still eludes me a bit. Is there a certain thing I'm supposed to do to kill that pig fucker on level 3? I just turned using brakes and boosters to catch him behind me and then hit him with some lasers and charge shots until he zoomed out of my view, but it felt like that took way longer than it should have and it was tedious as hell. And the one guy kept telling me to use the targeting thing but all that does is show me that he's perpetually behind me and doesn't seem to help me do anything about it.

ProTips?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

XavierGenisi posted:

Try a somersault.

No, really. If a guy is behind you all the time, use a somersault and he'll fly past you, netting you an opportunity to shoot his rear end. The targeting thing is better used in quick moments to get a lock on where he is in relation to you, then you can hold right or left on the right stick to turn a bit better to get in a better position, or if he's somewhere far away from you behind you, try using a U-Turn. And note that you have gyro aiming, so you don't need to be lined up with him exactly. get him into your forward field of view and start blasting away. Just keep firing with normal shots to rack up damage quick.

I did try somersaults and u-turns, but usually he'd be too far behind me for somersaults to be effective and when I u-turned he'd zoom past so he'd be behind me again by the animation was finished.

How do I keep using normal shots as opposed to charge shots? Just mash the shoot button instead of holding it?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

XavierGenisi posted:

And if you're really having trouble, just turn the walker and boost away. For the two-handed slap, a good way to dodge it is by just transforming and flying under him to the other side of the arena.

Edit: additionally, you have bombs. If you hit a hand with an open weakpoint with a bomb, you'll cancel him out of the attack.

You can also cancel the attack if you just shoot the weak point enough. It's easiest to do when he does the two hand clap because his hand is close and he holds it in one place for a relatively long time.

I saved my bombs for when he did the one handed tractor beam attack.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Star Fox is kinda its own thing, so it's hard to tell if someone's going to like it if they've never played it before. I'm not even sure what other game that I would compare it to.

After Burner?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is there even any indication of what gets you a "Mission Accomplished" vs. a "Mission Complete"? Or is it one of those "you'll know when you hit the secret trigger" type things? I got one on Andross for turning back to shoot him at the end I think, and I got it on another level but I have no idea how or why.

Looper posted:

The gyrocopter mission is a really slow change of pace and I get that some may not like that but I have no idea how people are having trouble controlling it

Seriously, of all the controls to complain about, that one is seriously the strangest because I felt it was the most intuitive right off the top. Have none of you guys flown a drone before? Even if you haven't it's practically one step away from standard FPS controls.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Best Buy is also doing a $30 ($24 for Prime GCU members)

I know you mean GCU, but other people might be confused :)

I kinda wish I had waited on buying some of those games, I own them all but out of the lot I've only finished Star Fox and I could have waited for that one to drop in price.

Best Buy (and apparently TRU as well) seem to have entered Fire Sale mode as far as Disney Infinity tchotchkes as well, to include the Wii U starter packs for all 3 versions, for anyone that cares about those.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 21, 2016

• Locked thread