Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

donmt think theres any danger of that this time. :-)

it's going to be extremely win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I beat MGS4 earlier this year, im playing Snake Eater right now cause I never beat it personally, and afterwards im gonna play peace walker for the first time and beat 2 after that and then the new one will be out.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The conversation between para medic and naked snake about snake being afraid of vampires is so funny, hell all of the codec convos in this game are amazing.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

The conversation between para medic and naked snake about snake being afraid of vampires is so funny, hell all of the codec convos in this game are amazing.

this pisses me the gently caress off because on ps2 later in the game youd get a character action game dream where you had to slice up a bunch of monsters then they fuckin removed it for the hd collection!!!!!!!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SM64Guy posted:

this pisses me the gently caress off because on ps2 later in the game youd get a character action game dream where you had to slice up a bunch of monsters then they fuckin removed it for the hd collection!!!!!!!!

thats gonna piss me off forever

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i spent a lot of time making sure id get snake crying about vampires so i could do the dream then i got there and nothing happened so i had to google it to see that i removed it, gently caress you bluepoint studios or whatever!

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The real question is at what point should you play the MSX games?

I played the MGS games in order of release (mostly) and played the MSX ones somewhere in the middle.

Almost wish I played them in order of release starting with the MSX ones.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

metricchip posted:

The real question is at what point should you play the MSX games?

I played the MGS games in order of release (mostly) and played the MSX ones somewhere in the middle.

Almost wish I played them in order of release starting with the MSX ones.

Once you have beaten all the games, I like to play them chronologically (gonna do this in July) just to see how crazy the story ties in

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

whenever I fire once while aiming in first person my gun lowers. how do I stop it from doing that? im playing on 360

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Playing the PS2 subsistence versions on an emulator with everything upscaled looks pretty much the same as the HD versions

i aways heard they were buggy

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

do pressure sensitive buttons work in it yet?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
ive never played this games, but i think i wanna play them now that im done witcher 3. that or antoher bloodborne run or dark souls 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Once you have beaten all the games, I like to play them chronologically (gonna do this in July) just to see how crazy the story ties in

I'm going to do this as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a three day weekend to kick off July an I'm going to spend all of it doing nothing but playing MGS3 with a fan pointed directly at my nutsack.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I have a three day weekend to kick off July an I'm going to spend all of it doing nothing but playing MGS3 with a fan pointed directly at my nutsack.

I also have a 3 day weekend. Hell, I could probably get through 3 and peace walker in those days.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
3 day weekend: that's what the gently caress I'm talking about!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I also have a 3 day weekend. Hell, I could probably get through 3 and peace walker in those days.

I'm looking forward to actually playing PW, since hopefully the simulplay will make it possible for people to do a coop run with me

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
July is gonna kick so much rear end

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm living the summer of George since my new job doesn't start for awhile

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lucky...

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

July is gonna kick so much rear end

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like this job ends July 2nd and then my new job starts in September and then I have like 6 months of training so it's basically like not working.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Like this job ends July 2nd and then my new job starts in September and then I have like 6 months of training so it's basically like not working.

Good lord. You'll be done with Metal Gear July by the end of week 1.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

You could use that time to let The End die of natural causes and upload the whole thing to the LP forum

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eye of Widesauron posted:

You could use that time to let The End die of natural causes and upload the whole thing to the LP forum

The LP forum hates me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Whelp, this needs to be in the july OP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to post the Metal Gear July Simulplay Thread (MGJST) this weekend, so that those who will be participating can plan their schedule accordingly and pick up copies of games they don't have. Just a little heads up

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's my test schedule post:

My twitch is black_baby_goku

The order I will be playing the games is chronological, so that means

Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Portable Ops (and +)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

If I have time I will play the non canon games

metal gear (nes)
Snakes revenge
Metal gear solid: Ghost babel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The rough draft of the OP clocked in at a little over 1200 words :grin:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

gently caress yeah

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh hells to the mother-flippin' yes!

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Is the PC version of Substance awful or should I just play that

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

yeah, i've tried getting mgs 1 to run on my pc but i didn't have the right version of direct x or something

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm ready and excited

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFcz55I0HM Metal Gear July

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Skip peace walker. Peace walker is great, but Phantom Pain is going to be a much much MUCH superior version and I'd be concerned about burning yourself out before playing because pw has a shitload of content.

I would just do 1 2 3 4 and watch PW cutscenes on youtube then GZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

dont ksip peace walker its sick

• Locked thread