Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

souls are one when entangled in the battlefield of pure friendship

A DOKI WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT

Long long ago, in an era known as 1996, the mighty Hudson Soft released a Japan-Only SNES platformer named ドレミファンタジー, or DoReMi Fantasy, to massive acclaim, quickly becoming one of the most successful platformers of all time.

Just kidding, it was ignored and almost immediately forgotten by the public at large. In a sea of platformers, DoReMi didn't do much to stand out.

Although it seemed as though it had faded into the aether of time, it has gained some popularity since being ported to the Wii's Virtual Console. While it isn't a terribly innovative or original game, it is relatively well-made. The controls and camera are above-par for your average SNES platformer, the presentation's cute, and there are cute little quirks here and there. It's a nice little diversion.

DOKI DOKI

I'm going to be playing blind through the game, along with some longtime pals of mine. Unlike other Let's Plays, editing is involved heavily. For me, these videos are meant to be more entertaining than informative. Different people will be joining me from episode to episode, depending on who's available. This series shouldn't last too long, as each video condenses the game footage to a couple of minutes.

MAXIMUM DOKI LIST

AdamSandlerRobocop fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
1. day one poster

2. long-rear end (and incredibly annoying) intro

3. giant interlacing artifacts for some reason that make the video horrible to look at

I don't know how you expect anyone to watch this.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Your friend is super hard to hear compared to your commentary, the game audio sounds super distorted (like it's being recorded via a tin can), and your edits are ummmmmm a bit random? Like you go from 'Jeez, how about these overalls' (which seems like the setup for a joke but without punchline) to immediately falling on spikes for no discernible reason. Is the platforming slippery in the game? What's the point of the overalls?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My rule is that if you have the title of your channel as part of the intros for your LP videos, it ain't worth watching.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It can use more editing. No game after five seconds, no watch.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That border is really obnoxious and the commentary could definitely use improvement. It sounds like a cliché but I'd suggest lurking more and starting again.
Unless you're in for a quick youtube superstardom, obviously.

AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

Your feedback is much appreciated. This is my first real attempt at a Let's Play and quite a few things are experimental; I want to see how people feel about them before moving forward.

anilEhilated posted:

That border is really obnoxious and the commentary could definitely use improvement. It sounds like a cliché but I'd suggest lurking more and starting again.
Unless you're in for a quick youtube superstardom, obviously.

I want to keep the borders somehow, but you're right that they clash with the rest of the footage. It looks weird, I'm going to try desaturating it. I like to learn as I go, so I don't want to start again, but I will implement in the feedback you guys have given me. I want to make something I can be proud of.

Cheez posted:

1. day one poster

2. long-rear end (and incredibly annoying) intro

3. giant interlacing artifacts for some reason that make the video horrible to look at

I don't know how you expect anyone to watch this.

The intro is way too long. I'm going to shorten it ASAP. As for the artifacts, I'm still figuring out the technical side of this. My understanding is that mp4 is pretty good, but I'm going to research more before I do the next video. There's a wealth of information I need to digest. As for day one posting, it is what it is man. Sorry I guess.

Niggurath posted:

Your friend is super hard to hear compared to your commentary, the game audio sounds super distorted (like it's being recorded via a tin can), and your edits are ummmmmm a bit random? Like you go from 'Jeez, how about these overalls' (which seems like the setup for a joke but without punchline) to immediately falling on spikes for no discernible reason. Is the platforming slippery in the game? What's the point of the overalls?

Yeah, some of the jokes land and some don't. The overalls setup and then immediate jump to falling on the spikes is a problem with editing, I didn't show the context of what was going on before the clip started so I can see how that'd be confusing. Things should be more focused. The point of the overalls is that they give you health.

I'm working on fixing the technical problems with audio. It's the biggest issue. In the end, it's simply a matter of getting newer hardware.

Anyways thank you all for your feedback. I'm going to work on improving the quality so that the next video is less grating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

Part 2

AdamSandlerRobocop fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 6, 2015

• Locked thread