Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Abu Dave posted:

can i be a officer

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey atleast i didnt ask for gm

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ZIGfried posted:

Google "wow 2.4.3 client"

:downs:, but still. There's a little up-arrow-down-arrow button on Corecraft's site, and it's doing nothing for me.

Between the IRC thing and it not working, it wouldn't surprise me if Corecraft was just being obtuse and needed their own version of the client or whatever.

Tanman can I be an officer?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Serperoth posted:

Tanman can I be an officer?

NOBODY GETS TO BE AN OFFICER. I will rule whatever lovely guild i make with an iron fist.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Serperoth posted:

I'm feeling like an absolute dumb, I can't find a way to download the client on Corecraft's site. :downs:

Can someone lend a hand?

I snagged a 2.4.3 client when Feenix switched their vanilla realms. Just had to adjust the realmlist to connect to corecraft test.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

mewse posted:

I snagged a 2.4.3 client when Feenix switched their vanilla realms. Just had to adjust the realmlist to connect to corecraft test.

I used to have that, actually, from playing on Archangel for a week or so, thanks. No idea how I had gotten it, but oh well, if the Feenix one works, might as well just hit up that one torrent.

Not like I want to a lot, just fix some addons and get hyped, but might as well be ready.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Is this TBC server a real thing? Is there a website or something? I realise that I told the scrot I would never level another wow character, but the allure of an actual good TBC server is causing me to temp fate. More importantly, will Youngbouhl be joining us?

edit: Seeing all these poster names in this thread is making me nostalgic as heck. :3:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Speaking of scrot chat, does anyone want to organize somewhere? Mumble, Discord, IRC, even Skype? Just a general place to talk poo poo about WoW or something rather than seriousposting.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tanners posted:

NOBODY GETS TO BE AN OFFICER. I will rule whatever lovely guild i make with an iron fist.

and then ull quit 3 months later

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Is this TBC server a real thing? Is there a website or something? I realise that I told the scrot I would never level another wow character, but the allure of an actual good TBC server is causing me to temp fate. More importantly, will Youngbouhl be joining us?

edit: Seeing all these poster names in this thread is making me nostalgic as heck. :3:

Youngbouhl will be guild leader and all loot will be done via 1 person loot council of ESV.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

tower time posted:

Youngbouhl will be guild leader and all loot will be done via 1 person loot council of ESV.

Sold

Also re: scrot chat. Chunjee actually wrote a standalone program that links to an irc channel we're all congregating in. The program runs Anna tts lol. He's working on moving it to web based thing one day. I don't remember where to get it though he can post a link.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 17, 2016

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

There's no launch date set for PlayTBC right? Just that it's in CB and should be Soon™? I'm actually enjoying Nostalrius right now and want to stick with it through Naxx, but a bit of TBC could be fun if the server isn't poo poo.

I should probably try something new like Shadow Priest or Elemental Shaman, but deep down I think I know I'm making another fury warrior.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

kaempfer0080 posted:

There's no launch date set for PlayTBC right? Just that it's in CB and should be Soon™? I'm actually enjoying Nostalrius right now and want to stick with it through Naxx, but a bit of TBC could be fun if the server isn't poo poo.

I should probably try something new like Shadow Priest or Elemental Shaman, but deep down I think I know I'm making another fury warrior.

It's release date is April 14th 2016.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Abu Dave posted:

and then ull quit 3 months later

Well yeah of course.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Thinking about trying this out in a couple of days. I have a couple questions though;

I have a compulsive need to be a special flower snowflake, so what classes/specs are the rarest/needed in B&T?

Is it really unfeasible to tank/dps in hybrid classes?

How are hybrid classes in PvP?

E: what's the most mechanically 'fun' class.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Every spec that isn't one of the 3 tried and true specs for each class are terrible and you should just quit while you're ahead. By ahead I mean not playing wow.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nobody logs in on B&T anymore. Play whatever you find fun, find a guild to have fun with.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Ocrassus posted:

Thinking about trying this out in a couple of days. I have a couple questions though;

I have a compulsive need to be a special flower snowflake, so what classes/specs are the rarest/needed in B&T?

Is it really unfeasible to tank/dps in hybrid classes?

How are hybrid classes in PvP?

E: what's the most mechanically 'fun' class.

The specialest snowflake class you could feasibly play in Vanilla is Shadow Priest or Enhancement Shaman. Generally there is 1 of each per raid.

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

All I got for Christmas was this shitty custom title.
Is the PvP server poo poo to play on now with the population, or am I better off rerolling on PvE? I want to play this lovely game again but I don't know where to go (PvP/PvE | Horde/Alliance). I really don't care much for open world PvP, I just don't want to play on a dead server.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I'm not sure what you mean by population, if you mean it's to high then oh god yes even at odd hours you're going to get murdered constantly no matter which faction you pick.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Lant posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by population, if you mean it's to high then oh god yes even at odd hours you're going to get murdered constantly no matter which faction you pick.

I can confirm, the game is nigh unplayable in some zones at times on the PvP server. Last time I tried to play was a week and a half or so ago and i got ganked/spawncamped in Tanaris. It's happened several times before in Tanaris alone.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
I'm not starting a goon movement or anything, but thought I'd throw up a PSA for those still interested in Vanilla. Kronos is starting their limited xp boost month (up to x7) tomorrow at 1 EST. I've started there with a couple friends and my brother (2 of which who have never played wow) in hopes I can convert them to a BC server when an acceptable one is released. Anyways, for people who are looking for vanilla wow and hate leveling, try out kronos.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Can you even like Vanilla WoW and not like leveling? I mean 80% of the game is leveling. I mean obviously there's an endgame and raiding and all that, but Vanilla was specifically designed to be about the journey to 60 as much as the time spent there.

Though I suppose everyone in that thread has probably taken that journey more than once with every class in the game, so perhaps it's grown a little tiresome.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I got kicked out of all the Polish guilds on the Cata private server for making too many jokes about the Polish Army D:

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Cheers for the advice guys. Any goon guilds still kicking around? I don't think I could stomach this without goons.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Maybe I missed something, but is there any reason to believe PlayTBC will be the Nost of TBC servers (not poo poo, healthy pop)? Otherwise I see no reason to get excited.

McSpankWich posted:

Can you even like Vanilla WoW and not like leveling? I mean 80% of the game is leveling. I mean obviously there's an endgame and raiding and all that, but Vanilla was specifically designed to be about the journey to 60 as much as the time spent there.

I've been watching Rottix's twitch stream and he says Kronos is better for PvP as it's more responsive overall.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 21, 2016

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
It's the first TBC progression server in a while to come up and not have some sort of pay for gear option. We don't actually know how buggy it will be and personally I'm expecting a poo poo show, but if it's even slightly better than Feenix or HellGround than I'll play the hell out of it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ofecks posted:

Maybe I missed something, but is there any reason to believe PlayTBC will be the Nost of TBC servers (not poo poo, healthy pop)? Otherwise I see no reason to get excited.

I've been watching Rottix's twitch stream and he says Kronos is better for PvP as it's more responsive overall.

Even if it's a buggy mess, it's the first real progression server we've had for TBC. That alone guarantees a high population at launch because the demand for that is pretty big.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

A not-pay2win TBC is basically the only type of WoW game me and I also know Zadiel would come back for so all aboard the PlayTBC train :toot:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Ok. Makes sense. I'll probably give it a whirl, even though I'm also back playing (and enjoying, somewhat) retail. TBC was pretty great.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I've been messing around on Excalibur's TBC server setting up addons and such. It's 2x rate for exp and gold and it lets you pay for items, gold, mounts ect but it also let's horde and alliance group up for dungeons and raids (not pvp BGs/arenas) which makes the smaller population feel larger. I don't know how well scripted the dungeons are since i'm just leveling to kill time while I watch tv but people say they are clearing kara through parts of sunwell at least. Is really pay to win if nobody you play with pays to actually win? i dunno. I'm having a lot more fun in the 2x vanilla content world of Excalibur than I was playing Nostralius. Theres too many small quality of life changes in tbc that I just can't get into vanilla having never played it retail or with fun cool people.

If PlayTBC launches with well scripted outlands content I imagine it will be very fun to play from the beginning on a progression server. A big goon presence can make that much more appealing, but the server could break depending on how over-farmed low crafting materials will be and whether or not anybody sticks around. Its pretty low effort investment to get started so if it sucks then I'll just wait for corecraft or something else 2 years down the line and keep dicking around on Excalibur.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

After not having played wow in ten years, I'm on a serious nostalgia trip and thus stupid enough to think that this is a good idea.

Is there any rhyme or reason to where goons are playing currently? I'd be nice to find some friends to kill hapless wildlife with, if you'll excuse me wading in here without having read all through the thread.

Having never tried any of the expansions, though, this PlayTBC server sounds kinda interesting. Is that something that'll happen soon?

Aeble fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 21, 2016

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Tanreall posted:

kaempfer0080 posted:

I should probably try something new like Shadow Priest or Elemental Shaman, but deep down I think I know I'm making another fury warrio
It's release date is April 14th 2016.

I can't speak to where goons are playing but nostralius has a good population on both pvp and pve if you want to play vanilla.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

quote:

I can't speak to where goons are playing but nostralius has a good population on both pvp and pve if you want to play vanilla.

The pve alliance goons joined A Few Good Men, but I don't think too many are still playing. I have a 60 there that I may go back to at some point. Right now I'm slowly leveling a lowbie shaman on the pve horde side. I don't know any goons who are playing there--seems everyone is kind of spread out on different factions on the pve and pvp server. It does seem that Nost pve server is still healthy. Though not as big as the pvp server, there's plenty of people still leveling on the horde side, to the point you sometimes have to wait for named spawns and even to finish quests.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Desmond posted:

The pve alliance goons joined A Few Good Men, but I don't think too many are still playing. I have a 60 there that I may go back to at some point. Right now I'm slowly leveling a lowbie shaman on the pve horde side. I don't know any goons who are playing there--seems everyone is kind of spread out on different factions on the pve and pvp server. It does seem that Nost pve server is still healthy. Though not as big as the pvp server, there's plenty of people still leveling on the horde side, to the point you sometimes have to wait for named spawns and even to finish quests.

Durotar on the PvE server looks pretty populated, at least. (still a crazy nostalgia bomb).
In the old days I mainly played rogue, now I'm trying priest in the hope of having an easier time getting groups.

fascinate
Jul 5, 2007

I rolled an alliance paladin on the pvp server. Thinking of going back to my one true love in the warlock class. I've never leveled a paladin but it's starting to kinda blow. Can someone tell me it gets better?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Playing around as a troll priest on PVE, Royaljelly in Durotar, am I allowed in the Goon Squad

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 23, 2016

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

fascinate posted:

I rolled an alliance paladin on the pvp server. Thinking of going back to my one true love in the warlock class. I've never leveled a paladin but it's starting to kinda blow. Can someone tell me it gets better?

Nope! This old post sums up leveling and playing a pally in classic wow.

They're still really good healers at 60 but getting to that point is pretty mind numbing, I'd go back to warlock if you want something that is fun to play while leveling.

Lant fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 23, 2016

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Don't level a paladin in vanilla, unless you just really love pushing one button in raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

What's the sentiment for the Warmane servers? I don't really follow the private scene but their iteration of WotLK makes me want to hop back into WoW because that was the last expansion I really played for more than a month at a time.

• Locked thread