Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They gonna release this for windows 10 right? riiiight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone else have stability issues with windows 10? I crash fairly often and get weird graphics issues every once in a while. Also how do I join the club, is windows 10/xbone cross play?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Nah there are serious issues with the PC version. I get crashes every hour or two that I play and weird pop in stuff. Hopefully it gets some patches.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was having lots of issues before patch, now no issues, Windows 10 all up-to-date in advance.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What is the difference between Forza 6 and Forza 6 Apex?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
when the hell can i get into a club? I've got three festivals up all above level 2 and the internet seems to say that if you get the desert to level 2 you should be able to do clubs.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I have never been able to drift in any racing games with any type of controller. It makes me sad!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So once I'm in the car club how do I actually race with you guys? Is it somewhere in the social options?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I have the worst luck with the wheel spin. No HE cars, usually get the <10,000k credits option.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

geeves posted:

Finally won a car. A loving Ferrari California. And 3 more 2000cr wins as well. gently caress these spins.

complaining helps out, last time I complained I spun two HE cars in a row.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Songbearer posted:

So the last Forza game I played was Forza 3, which I absolutely adored. I loved the huge selection of cars and the flexibility the game gave you to do horrible things to them and wound up playing the hell out of it.

Hey me too!

1. Yes all the customization and fiddly tuning stuff is there from what I can recall of three.

2. Yes you can turn assists off and set various levels of simulation. No fueling and I think damage simulation is toned down quite a bit from three.

3. I have no idea how multiplayer or drivatars work. Sorry

4. This seems to be hit or miss. First it ran terrible for me, stuttering crashing all the time. Then, last patch it was fine. Today it crashed for me a few times, but I turned off my microphone and it seems better, but I also get stuttering again if I've been playing a while.

I enjoy this as much as I enjoyed three and I've been disappointed by a lot of racing games since then.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

:frogsiren: PC patch is live, early reports are that it fixes pretty much every problem :frogsiren:

Still reinstalling the game myself, but according to the various FH3 Discords I'm in, the game is no longer broken on PC. Stuttering is gone, CPUs are actually being utilized properly, framerates are up, the game doesn't crash every few minutes, input lag is gone, and THE UPGRADE MENU ACTUALLY WORKS PROPERLY NOW HOLY poo poo

Patch is 1.63 GB. Download servers are probably being hammered right now.

Soo excited

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Were they ever talking about bringing Forza 6 over to PC instead of just Apex? Fingers crossed that FH3 does well enough that Forza 7 gets to be Windows 10.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wow that is awesome news.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HORMELCHILI posted:

with a 970 and an i5 i can run everything on ultra, 2560 resolution, 60 fps, so if your pc is beefier and the game is running worse you probably did something wrong

mine is the same as yours, except I'm running 1920x1080 resolution and I can't run it on ultra without all sorts of graphics glitches and crashes.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've been adding random people in the club in the hopes of playing with goons, who should I add to actually crash into goons over and over for fun

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
God i hate buggies

anyone have tips or want to share their pro buggy build with me?

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 20, 2016

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ratbert90 posted:

Real talk: they need to fix the difficulty levels in this game. It's insane how instantly unbeatable the AI becomes as soon as you go above "above average"

I'm at the level right below the top most difficulty and it seems relatively easy still. The AI is really not nearly as interesting as the last Forza I played which was 3 I think. I thought drivatars were supposed to bring some character to the AI, but I'm always racing against cars with no liveries or anything

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 23, 2016

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thief posted:

They do have liveries. Join GRRC and you should see a ton of them because it is what most ppl seem to use. I think drivatars take whatever your favorites are in each given class that the active player is using and randomly assigns them. If they don't have a car in that class it is usually something really generic.

And yeah, the AI is god awful but what can you expect from an open world game. Just go online and the races against other players are pretty great.

I am in GRRC, maybe I've just been racing in car themes that people don't have favorites in. I think the one I've been racing a lot lately is retro hot hatch

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cubey posted:

The thing with the AI is it is super uneven. You can put the difficulty all the way down to new racer and there will still be 1 car that hangs right with you, but you can crank it to the highest level on some tracks (mostly paved ones) and just leave everyone behind. The AI does not seem as affected by terrain as the player, especially when it comes to water. I've had AI drivers blow past me in rivers as if they were totally unaffected by the water despite being in the same exact car as me.

I noticed the water thing for sure. That poo poo sucks. I hit water and slow wayyyyy the gently caress down and the AI just powers through. Have the devs acknowledged any of that stuff?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so what is car pass then?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and now when I go into the store to download FH3 the install button is greyed out. Why? It says I own it, but it won't let me install it at all. Anyone know how to fix that?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GutBomb posted:

Is windows all updated? It only runs on Windows 10 anniversary edition and up.

Hmmm, this is weird it says I have the latest update, but I can't get the classic start menu or any of the other stuff I should have with a fully updated Windows 10.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what is this profile not available bull poo poo?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
thats pretty neat

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my three year old is going to poo poo bricks at this hot wheels expansion, he already loved the game

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

horizon aint my thing

is that 7?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lorini posted:

Any goons live streaming Hot Wheels tomorrow?

they are live streaming it on their twitch, looks like stupid fun

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what time does microsoft normally flip the switch to do releases on their store? 10?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my biggest problem with is that there are more places where cars can get really stuck, otherwise its pretty fun

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

harperdc posted:

Fuji is fun and still a good technical circuit, come catch these hands.

I now also really want Forza Horizon 4 to be set in Japan, combination of highway racing, wide city streets (ala Yokohama from PGR2) and mountain/valley roads. Only hard part is it may be more difficult to have off-road racing, without a massive open desert, but could just make a few wider beaches and let you drive through tons of rice paddies instead. Could be as loving a note to car culture for Japan as Horizon 3 has been with Australia.

Some day someone will put a game in the Seattle area and I will have so much fun.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

I heard that Horizon 3 was a turd when it was released on PC due to bugginess and glitches.

Has this been fixed? I downloaded the demo and performance seemed pretty smooth and stable there, but I read a lot of bad performance reviews from when the game first came out, so I thought I'd check here first before I buy the thing.

I still get the weird hitching every once in a while for no reason in particular, I haven't crashed in a while though

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the driving in the crew was the shittiest poo poo ever

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im going to buy the super ultimate million dollar edition of this one its going to be awesome

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they said at E3 that they tested it with a guitar hero guitar and it worked so I wouldn't worry about it too, too much.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they make the PC menu's better, browsing through cars and paint jobs on PC in FH3 is kind of tedious

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i like sebring, but thats only because its one of the few tracks ive actually watched racing at

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hate how fh3 does multiplayer because you can't do specialized races or anything neat, I hope fm7 doesn't do stupid poo poo like fh3

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If I know for sure I'm going to buy a game no matter what I pre-order it. I almost never pre-order games, but the Forza series is pretty consistent in its quality so pre-ordering doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thief posted:

hey guys i got a new graphics card and can finally run forza 3 horizon on max settings, here's what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld5uBBVa_08&t=86s

wow the car just melted, I'm surprised the video from inside survived, I imagine neither of the people inside did?

• Locked thread